• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
the neoprene clothing might actually suit them :) I think a superhero type suit and cape would suit that type of character both male and female (please no high heeled superboots, I like to see them actually be able to run and fight lol) :D

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Stylized characters tend to be adventurous. Pick a period and a genre and have at it.
Still did not found what I would like , when I find for the guy I don't like for the girl and vice versa and I want them from the same period and genre

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
the neoprene clothing might actually suit them :) I think a superhero type suit and cape would suit that type of character both male and female (please no high heeled superboots, I like to see them actually be able to run and fight lol) :D
That would be nice .. I hate high-heeled super boots on superhero characters or high heeled female warriors in a temple with a sword... shoe Fetish ! lol

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I would like to see them in casual wear, which is the kind of comfy clothing that fits most scenes. I believe that might be a good starting point before we get too specific. ^____^
like standard t-shirt jeans, lazy clothing .. I was thinking about that too , I like @Rae134 idea too , just need to find out what kind of superhero so it is unique and not copyrighted .

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
like standard t-shirt jeans, lazy clothing .. I was thinking about that too , I like @Rae134 idea too , just need to find out what kind of superhero so it is unique and not copyrighted .

Yes, standard t-shirt and jeans. Just have to check with HW first, because they might do the same for the base figures. Tell you the truth, Dawn has worn the same skinny jeans for years, until I decided to make a new one just so she doesn't always wear the same ones. Having more than just 1 pair of jeans is a minimum requirement, I suppose. I also made 2 new t-shirts for Dawn that I just used in my renders. I use basic wear often in my renders, because it fits all kinds of scenes, and it's good to have variety. That's the first thing people will want before they delve into specific niches.

Chris made the skinny jeans for Dawn quite versatile with different options, like ripped jeans, shorts, capris, and even cut off jeans. That is so versatile that I have used it a lot. When 3DU released his Axel character for Dusk, he also came with jeans and t-shirt. The basics are important at first. :)

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
For the stylized characters my first thought when you asked about clothing was 50's style. A cute dress for the girl and slacks and shortsleeve button up for the boy. Very "everyday" clothing. Sort of Rockwell, type scenes or "Happy Days" (though that is closer to 60's I think).

A nice 60's style bathing suit for each of them surfer style, instead of itsy-bitsy bikini style.

Safari clothing for adventuring, nice khakis with high boots for each.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
.it Yes, standard t-shirt and jeans. Just have to check with HW first, because they might do the same for the base figures. Tell you the truth, Dawn has worn the same skinny jeans for years, until I decided to make a new one just so she doesn't always wear the same ones. Having more than just 1 pair of jeans is a minimum requirement, I suppose. I also made 2 new t-shirts for Dawn that I just used in my renders. I use basic wear often in my renders, because it fits all kinds of scenes, and it's good to have variety. That's the first thing people will want before they delve into specific niches.

Chris made the skinny jeans for Dawn quite versatile with different options, like ripped jeans, shorts, capris, and even cut off jeans. That is so versatile that I have used it a lot. When 3DU released his Axel character for Dusk, he also came with jeans and t-shirt. The basics are important at first. :)
Ken, I need clothing to be included with my new characters , so I is ready out of the box , because anything others make will not fit my characters that have new full body shapes particularly in Poser. That is also reason why beside V4 and M4 nothing successes in Poser because when you use a new full body shape in Poser nothing will auto follow it unless you have a skills to do it yourself . For that reason I can't be dependent. So when I making a specific clothing for my new full body shapes it is gonna be for the full body shapes and not intended for the base. That why I said I don't make "neoprene" clothing that expand and shrink magically on its own why? , well imagine there is a t-shirt base and someone use heavy set morph, what is gonna happen to the t-shirt ? it turns into a sausage wrapper , or you do nice loose natural t-shirt for a heavy set character and use a base with it , it will not shrink, not even in DS. That why I do not do "neoprene" clothing unless it is a tight body suit, I am skilled and fast enough to provide my full body characters with own clothing to fit them proper. It is a different story when doing stuff for the base figure of course. But I can't expect that base t-shirt and jeans will fit my new full body shapes and definitely not in Poser.
I would have no problem if that was just a face morph , but it is a new style, new full body shape and total different category that will have own line of own clothing.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
For the stylized characters my first thought when you asked about clothing was 50's style. A cute dress for the girl and slacks and shortsleeve button up for the boy. Very "everyday" clothing. Sort of Rockwell, type scenes or "Happy Days" (though that is closer to 60's I think).

A nice 60's style bathing suit for each of them surfer style, instead of itsy-bitsy bikini style.

Safari clothing for adventuring, nice khakis with high boots for each.
You can't go wrong with Retro style , and people usually like it
I was collecting yesterday some references for the retro nerd adventure clothing as well , for him and her

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-26 070445.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-26 070445.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot 2021-04-26 070226.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-26 070226.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 85

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I hear what you say Cath about shape dependencies but be careful in the 'Rosity store. When I wanted to upload my Gino character for Genesis 8 Male (never fully released sadly) He came with clothing, facial hair and some jewelry. They would not accept the product and told me that these conformers needed to fit I think more than 4 shapes at the minimum. I was already so burned out finishing basically 4 products for G8M and the thought of trying to get fibermesh to fit all these new shapes without distortion (which is nearly impossible) I threw in the towel on that project!

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I hear what you say Cath about shape dependencies but be careful in the 'Rosity store. When I wanted to upload my Gino character for Genesis 8 Male (never fully released sadly) He came with clothing, facial hair and some jewelry. They would not accept the product and told me that these conformers needed to fit I think more than 4 shapes at the minimum. I was already so burned out finishing basically 4 products for G8M and the thought of trying to get fibermesh to fit all these new shapes without distortion (which is nearly impossible) I threw in the towel on that project!
I am doing it for 22 years Richard , no product was ever NOT accepted .
Beside when you rigging stuff you make sure that base morphs working, like all base morphs that come with the base figure.
And in DS it is very easy to setup without the needs for manual work . Sorry to hear it did not worked for you .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I'm liking those reference photos Cath. Very everyday clothing you would see all the time.
Thanks Miss B , actually I would love to make them in the realistic version than downgraded as the clothing would be great for other regular characters as well.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I am going to give myself a break with the Stylized characters for now because it burning me out too much and killing my muse .
In meantime I will make the adventure clothing as it will be good for any of my character since it will be modeled for the base figures.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Ken, I need clothing to be included with my new characters , so I is ready out of the box , because anything others make will not fit my characters that have new full body shapes particularly in Poser.

I understand. I was actually shocked when I found out SMS decided to remove morph copying from the standard Poser 11 version, and only include it in the "Pro" version exactly for what you said. IMHO, that was the dumbest decision they ever made, putting Poser in serious disadvantage with the competition that not only included the feature, but also did it better and automatically. I have a ticket with Rendo where I ask for better (cleaner) morph and weight map projections. If you have tried projecting morphs in Poser, you know what I am talking about.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I understand. I was actually shocked when I found out SMS decided to remove morph copying from the standard Poser 11 version, and only include it in the "Pro" version exactly for what you said. IMHO, that was the dumbest decision they ever made, putting Poser in serious disadvantage with the competition that not only included the feature, but also did it better and automatically. I have a ticket with Rendo where I ask for better (cleaner) morph and weight map projections. If you have tried projecting morphs in Poser, you know what I am talking about.
Ken, I would prefer not to use the words competition as I use both programs and D2FM are for both platforms, and the viewer here are from both platforms , so let be neutral .
No I did not used the function since I never actually needed it for anything , I had all Poser versions but not used them in my creations since D}S did all the job for me at the same time for both. I used mostly Poser for dynamics as it helped me speed up my work in Zbrush, but now not even that.
I guess all I will do now is just set up proper materials and test products out , not as much as you do since you are the technical guru ;)

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Honey, with all you've been doing lately I would have been in a mental hospital by now! LOL Rest, recoup and take care!
LOL that was good Richard , you made me laugh very loud, I think I am on the edge , pushing myself too hard lately but feeling already better , since other stuff occupies my mind right now in a positive way , I left everything and had a long afternoon nap and relaxed . I am like you when something bother me I would dig into another side of the planet to find solution .. so I had to let it go for now and relax. It will come back at its own..
I hate to be frustrated , but not cutting my ear yet .. :laugh:
thank you love, hugs !

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
What did you expect? I am a geek programmer after all. More recently I started wearing glasses, which I guess completes the geek package. LOL

PS: This defeats 2 of my theories:

1. I am going to live forever, and
2. I will never wear glasses.
I got my first pair of reading glasses when I hit 50 last year, not much just 1+ but that is normal and glasses are cool. I am sure looks good on you and you don't straining your eyes more, by spending hours at monitor with your codes.
You are as Young as you feel at your heart Ken, glasses don't indicate someone's age. I would be more worry about the middle crisis lol