• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I had perfect vision until I hit 40 and it's been a journey. At now 60 years OLD, luckily, my vision hasn't gotten much worse but I am sending off for a pair of readers for my work on the computer as the current ones are just not strong enough. They have the blue light lense tech to keep the monitor light from making my eyes worse off. Can't wait to get them!

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Same here, first reading glasses when I crossed the 50s line. Oh, so you have turned 50 last year? That makes me 63,072,000,000 milliseconds older than you. Sorry, programmers can only compute time in milliseconds. :roflmao:
Well 2 years ahead? not bad not bad :laugh:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I had perfect vision until I hit 40 and it's been a journey. At now 60 years OLD, luckily, my vision hasn't gotten much worse but I am sending off for a pair of readers for my work on the computer as the current ones are just not strong enough. They have the blue light lense tech to keep the monitor light from making my eyes worse off. Can't wait to get them!
The blue light lenses will helps too with the night cycle and insomnia , we should all wear blue light lenses after the sunset, but we need blue light for the day to keep us active.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
My monitor has a slider to filter blue light, so my glasses won't have to. Windows 10 also has a "Night Light" mode that removes blue and compensates with red. Very easy on the eyes at night. It can be scheduled, where we set the time of the day or night we want it active. If disabled at night (when display auto-shuts down for inactivity), it's like a punch on the face. It really makes a difference, and I recommend it if you are in Win10.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've tried the Windows 10 "night light," and I've tried the "night mode" on my Fire tablet. But I don't find the resulting red tinted screen easy on my eyes, relaxing, or soothing. I find even at the lower settings, it's harder to distinguish text from the background. So, if the intent is to make me feel irritated and stressed, then "night light/"night mode" is incredibly successful.

I don't actually find working on the computer or reading/streaming video on my Fire tablet adversely affects my ability to fall asleep. But then, I keep my room dimly lit in the evenings. I also have the brightness on my Fire tablet set to medium or less, and only increase it to full brightness when watching a video that features a lot of dark scenes. My monitor brightness is also set lower than typical.

Further studies are needed before it's definitive blue light is as big a problem as has been suggested.

Forget What You Think You Know About Blue Light and Sleep
Blue-light-blocking phone night modes don’t help sleep, study finds

Regarding blue light glasses (which everyone and their dog are recommending now)
Debunking blue light glasses claims to focus on proven eye issues

It may be that "night light/night mode" is more helpful to some people and not as helpful for others. It could also be screen brightness is more important than the hue of the screen.

For sure, if what you do on an electronic device engages your brain, it's going to be harder to quickly fall asleep.

One of the downsides to the internet is that things tend to be widely accepted as scientifically proven when they aren't.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Here the base from the first references
separate parts.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-27 013626.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-27 013626.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot 2021-04-27 013642.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-27 013642.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot 2021-04-27 013659.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-27 013659.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot 2021-04-27 014658.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-27 014658.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot 2021-04-27 014716.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-27 014716.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot 2021-04-27 013003.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-27 013003.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot 2021-04-27 013024.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-27 013024.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I added quick a base vest , of course not all details as that is just base starter , Zbrush preview

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-27 025551.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-27 025551.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot 2021-04-27 025617.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-27 025617.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot 2021-04-27 025724.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-27 025724.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 92

DanaTA

Distinguished
I've tried the Windows 10 "night light," and I've tried the "night mode" on my Fire tablet. But I don't find the resulting red tinted screen easy on my eyes, relaxing, or soothing. I find even at the lower settings, it's harder to distinguish text from the background. So, if the intent is to make me feel irritated and stressed, then "night light/"night mode" is incredibly successful.

I don't actually find working on the computer or reading/streaming video on my Fire tablet adversely affects my ability to fall asleep. But then, I keep my room dimly lit in the evenings. I also have the brightness on my Fire tablet set to medium or less, and only increase it to full brightness when watching a video that features a lot of dark scenes. My monitor brightness is also set lower than typical.

Further studies are needed before it's definitive blue light is as big a problem as has been suggested.

Forget What You Think You Know About Blue Light and Sleep
Blue-light-blocking phone night modes don’t help sleep, study finds

Regarding blue light glasses (which everyone and their dog are recommending now)
Debunking blue light glasses claims to focus on proven eye issues

It may be that "night light/night mode" is more helpful to some people and not as helpful for others. It could also be screen brightness is more important than the hue of the screen.

For sure, if what you do on an electronic device engages your brain, it's going to be harder to quickly fall asleep.

One of the downsides to the internet is that things tend to be widely accepted as scientifically proven when they aren't.
I often fall asleep at my computer...while playing Solitaire! I also have no problem with caffeine and sleep. I used to drink Dr. Pepper all day and night, and would sometimes fall asleep while watching TV with a glass of Dr. Pepper in my hand...it didn't stay there, though...and that woke me! Diane (my wife) can drink Mountain Dew at 1:00 pm and still be wide awake from it at 10:00 pm! :unsure:

Dana