• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I wish we had..for Harry the Horse

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Is there anther forum one can post stuff he is looking to find or hoping to have created? I looked around and have not for the life of me find one here at HiveWire?

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Is there anther forum one can post stuff he is looking to find or hoping to have created? I looked around and have not for the life of me find one here at HiveWire?
The Wish List Forum has a number of different list for things that people want, not just for the Horse, but for Dog, Dawn, Dusk, etc... Is that what you mean? It's under the "Show Me the Honey" forum.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Been a while since I updated this list. Not sure I got everything That is already in the works, or new things that folks are working on. So, if you see something, let me know!

Would it be possible to get this list into the first post, and updated there? Same for any lists that exist for other wish lists, like for Dawn, Baby Luna, etc.? It would make it easy to find for folks. Just a thought.

Dana

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
That would have to be done by the moderators, I don't have any control over that, and I don't know if it's something they could do...But, it's a great suggestion. Maybe if they can't do it, I'll start a thread that is just the gathered wish lists. It's something that I just do on my own, so it only gets updated sporadically.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't know how easy an image would be to update. But set out as bullet points in the first post might be possible, would need to ask @Alisa I think.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here's an interesting piece:

It was used to keep enemy soldiers from trying to grab and control a warhorse during battle. Would likely be hard on the groom, too!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Here's an interesting piece:

It was used to keep enemy soldiers from trying to grab and control a warhorse during battle. Would likely be hard on the groom, too!

Interesting.
What is it and where/how is it used? Looks a lot like star like devices (darn memory fails me again and don't remember what they were called! Caltrops or something like that) horseback bandits would scatter on the ground behind them to keep horses from following or passing/crossing a defense line...A real cruel tool but effective.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Interesting.
What is it and where/how is it used? Looks a lot like star like devices (darn memory fails me again and don't remember what they were called! Caltrops or something like that) horseback bandits would scatter on the ground behind them to keep horses from following or passing/crossing a defense line...A real cruel tool but effective.
Its a bit, the top bar id in the horses mouth and those spiky parts are what the enemy foot soldier would normally try to grab

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Nope you need to grab very close to the head to gain control of a 500kg+ animal from the ground and you see those hanging tabs with the spikes above? that is part of the reins

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
No worries :) if you haven't worked with large grumpy animals its hard to wrap your head round just how hard it can be to control them either from the ground or from on top of them!

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
OK..just a quick question. I was just about to try a render with a pega-corn ( A winged unicorn/Pegasus cross) I have the HW Harry unicorn..and I have the winged horse wings. But my problem is..there's only one colour :( The basic Bay that Harry comes with and the only texture for the wings seem to match that Bay. Does anyone know if anyone did any other textures for the wings that would match some of Harry's other colours ? I want to use Harry's wings,,but I may have to try fiddling with Mil Horse wings that have more textures ?

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I did one a long time ago not sure if I still have the mats though, but you can go into photoshop and then tweak the wings to the color you want using the hue saturation and color balance underneath Image/Adjustment. If you have photoshop, that is. I think for these I took the base bump and then just added color using the color balance option until I got a suitable color then loaded it into the diffuse slot in the surfaces tab in Daz Studio and rendered using one of Sveva's Iray light sets.

Anthem for the Angels
Anthem for the Angels.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
OK..just a quick question. I was just about to try a render with a pega-corn ( A winged unicorn/Pegasus cross) I have the HW Harry unicorn..and I have the winged horse wings. But my problem is..there's only one colour :( The basic Bay that Harry comes with and the only texture for the wings seem to match that Bay. Does anyone know if anyone did any other textures for the wings that would match some of Harry's other colours ? I want to use Harry's wings,,but I may have to try fiddling with Mil Horse wings that have more textures ?

More textures for the HW horse wings is something that is on CWRW's very long to-do list. I know she's been swamped with doing all other HW animal textures like the Cougar and Deer sets. Perhaps she'll chime in here on that projects eta.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist

Yep they are very much in progress. but I have one iray issue I am running into I need to get resolved. Once that is done, several are are very close to completion. I will get back on making the Unicorn and Friesian ones a top priority (as I am guesing those will be used the most:) I also need to finish updating the Unicorn and Friesian MATs to include SF and Iray. Those are are the last 2 Harry coat/breed add-ons that aren't updated yet.

I hope it's okay to post a new reply to this thread!

Has anyone wished for a Zebra yet? I haven't been able to find any kind of Zebra anywhere. I'm so desperate for a Zebra it wouldn't even have to include a morph; could just be one of CWRW's beautiful textures! Thoughts?

:please: