• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I wish we had..for Harry the Horse

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I know the big cat/house cat and dog can all share poses with a little tweaking for size difference (because they all share the same textures too). I've never tried the cat/dog poses on the horse, I would have thought they would be too different.

Daio's poser were my go to, but I thought I read she's not moving her stuff to Rendo which would be a shame :(

quinnuki

New-Bee
Thank you all! Unfortunately the ones mentioned are for Poser, not DAZ, or haven't been moved over from the store. Unless there's a way to use Poser poses in DAZ that I'm not aware of. Sorry, still new to this!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Just keep an eye out at Renderosity, it will take a while for a lot of the stuff to get transferred if they are going to go over.

Not at computer at the moment, but when I am, I'll see if poser poses can be used in DS.

Edit to add: Yes, the poser poses I tried in DS all worked perfectly (doesn't mean all will tho). You can't use the smart content tab (but you will prob be used to using the Content Library tab any way) so go to Content Library, and look in "Poser Formats" go to poses and find the poses you want (you may need to add the runtime where you have the HW stuff saved)

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You can't use the smart content tab (but you will prob be used to using the Content Library tab any way) so go to Content Library, and look in "Poser Formats" go to poses and find the poses you want (you may need to add the runtime where you have the HW stuff saved)
Exactly what I did all the years I was using DS 3 Advanced, and DS 4.0 Pro for any character other than the original Genesis and Genesis 2. After that I went back to using Poser most of the time.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Is there a chance to get that texture? I own the original Millennium Horse Texture Pack 2. Maybe RTE-encoded? My efforts to remap Harry to take MillHorse 1 textures have not been successfull...
Sorry, hemi - unless I'm missing something here, the render Pen did is of product from DAZ which is no longer available. It is not legal to give it away.

hemi426

Inspired
Read my post slowly, I own the original texture since 2008-05-31. That's why I was suggesting Rte Encoder. In ancient times you could encode files with it so that only people who possess the original can decode it.

@Pendraia: Did you alter the texture or the mapping of the hivewire horse?

Last edited:

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Read my post slowly, I own the original texture since 2008-05-31. That's why I was suggesting Rte Encoder. In ancient times you could encode files with it so that only people who possess the original can decode it.

Actually, she said she was showing the Mil horse texture for the zebra, NOT one for harry. She was showing that the zebra wasn't as good as Harry COULD be. So, you already have the map she is showing.

Insofar as re-mapping, I think Lynn did a bunch of those? But, no zebras as far as I know. If you look at her re-maps it might help you figure out how to do more of that? I certainly haven't figured it out! lol

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
lynesfree

1613416897522.png

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE

You are correct that I missed your comment about owning the Mil Horse textures, but Pen had referenced the Safari pack, which is not available - I didn't go back in the thread to see that it was also in the Mil Horse texture pack 2. Apologies.

That said, I am pretty sure that as Dax said, that render of Pen's is of the Mil Horse, which I thought it was when I replied earlier.. I don't think she has converted it for the HW Horse. If she had, then yes, it could probably be rtencoded :).

Had to laugh at your "In ancient times you could encode files with it so that only people who possess the original can decode it." I had a feeling I was ancient, but that confirms it ;).

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@hemi426 I just found this while looking through some old project files, very rough still, needs a bit of spit and polish but thought it might be of interest ;)
HarryZeb.jpg

I found Quagga, Okapi and Giraffe too, if there is enough interest I could see about getting them all finished up, packed and made available

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Mine's a white tiger but maybe in the far of distance it could look like a zebra lol

I can't share it because neither textures I used were MR's but if you know a little about photoshop, I used CWRW Arab texture (white horse) and overlaid the Mil horse Zebra pattern and of course its not an exact fit, so I just erased the seams with a soft erasure brush and its passable in a pinch. (I also made one a Cremello type coat because I wanted it more fantasy (sorry can't find a pic of black & white one I did lol)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist

Only just saw this from memory this is the Milhorse in that render. I have not used that texture on Harry. It would be lovely to have a zebra texture for Harry though as the MilHorse one is not as good as Harry would be.

hemi426

Inspired
Here's the render...as I said nowhere near as good as harry.View attachment 65310
Sorry, I thought this would show Harry with the Millhorse Zebra texture (I thought there would be a mapping flaw at the ears). I stumbled across a page titled "Hivewire Horse Remap to Take Millennium Horse Textures" (Hivewire Horse Remap to Take Millennium Horse Textures - Ladyfyre Graphics CG") years ago and was hoping there would be a solution available....for my centaurs I obviously do not need head, ears and so on, just the coat.