• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I wish we had..for Harry the Horse

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
most recent update of the Big List

Horse Update List 4-2018.jpg

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
A wish-list item for Harry just occurred to me, for the texture artists out there: a set of overlays to add white markings- socks, stockings, blazes, stripes, stars, snips and so on- to existing textures. That way even the 'matched set' of four-in-hand bays or blacks can each have individuality- one with a lightning squiggle down his face, one with a star and snip, one with a narrow blaze that has a little bite out of it and one with a star shaped like a question-mark, that sort of thing. Otherwise transparent layers for each marking, apart from a solid border to make it easy to copy-paste the layers on top of the body maps.

Draft harness is in progress!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
A wish-list item for Harry just occurred to me, for the texture artists out there: a set of overlays to add white markings- socks, stockings, blazes, stripes, stars, snips and so on- to existing textures. That way even the 'matched set' of four-in-hand bays or blacks can each have individuality- one with a lightning squiggle down his face, one with a star and snip, one with a narrow blaze that has a little bite out of it and one with a star shaped like a question-mark, that sort of thing. Otherwise transparent layers for each marking, apart from a solid border to make it easy to copy-paste the layers on top of the body maps.

Draft harness is in progress!

I know how to do that in Superfly and Iray (and i think it can be done in 3Delight) but not Firefly as far as I know. Do you kow?

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I know how to do that in Superfly and Iray (and i think it can be done in 3Delight) but not Firefly as far as I know. Do you know?

I was thinking Photoshop at the time I wrote the post, rather than within the runtime. I don't know of one right off, no. On the other hand, I have a utility that modifies Firefly materials with a mathematical calculation, so it may well be possible. I'd like either; I do modify textures in Photoshop but seams tend to defeat me.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I was thinking Photoshop at the time I wrote the post, rather than within the runtime. I don't know of one right off, no. On the other hand, I have a utility that modifies Firefly materials with a mathematical calculation, so it may well be possible. I'd like either; I do modify textures in Photoshop but seams tend to defeat me.

Ah! That makes sense. And LOL- yeah seams bite- at least life is a bit easier using Blacksmith 3D to do them- that program has saved my sanity.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Overlays to add white markings are well under way. Just don't have computer for a little bit so is slowing things down but the first lot should be ready for store by end of month barring fire, famine or flood

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
The Poser Firefly equivalent of LIE presets can be achieved using blend nodes, but to be universally able to add them to all texture sets would, I think, involve scripting, something which is above and beyond my abilities...

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
I know this is probably the wrong place to ask..but does anyone know how the morph and texture for a donkey is progressing ?

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I know this is probably the wrong place to ask..but does anyone know how the morph and texture for a donkey is progressing ?
Currently far down the list, as far as I'm aware. But, with the lions out, it has moved up a slot!
I wish I could do rigging, and then I could help these wonderful creations move along a little quicker.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I know it is not proper here suggesting it but the Donkey at DAZ is beautiful. In a pinch might solve the need until one can eventually be offered here.