• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I really like this too.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Did you make the suit pattern with ZBrush? it looks very like one of the noise patterns, maybe scales or houndtooths? Very clean result.
No, I found the "Kryptonian" texture that is imprinted on his suit and used that as the bump map. I can do another render of the suit close up so you can see it more clearly.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
The NDelphi Supergirl one. sorry I was not clear which render I was talking about. The pattern on the cape, boots, skirt and shoulder pad suggest they are being worn rather than painted on.
Yeah, I agree with you. It is great work.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
@Rokket
That works pretty well! Except for the modesty cod piece I'm loving it!

Question...do you have to group before you add the bones?
I said I was modeling this suit after the BvS suit, and I believe it is the same suit that he is wearing in the Justice League promo shot seen here. you can clearly see the cod piece. And , as luck would have it, is where I have distortion in he UV map and makes it stand out. I am going to redo that bump map to more closely match what is in this picture.
justice-league-movie-cast.jpg

And yes, you have to group before adding bones when you are rigging. Doing clothing for a specific character is much easier. You simply use the DEV rig as a donor rig and click "Auto Group" before applying it. But the circumstances vary, and sometimes I will group the clothing myself is I am looking for it to do something specific (Like a weight mapped cape that is a hybrid conformer/dynamic).

Rokket

Dances with Bees
kryptonian_suit_texture_by_themasterofantics-d78up1a.jpg

Here is that Kryptonian suit texture if anyone wants it. I found it best to invert in before using it as a bump map, though. Using it as is gets funky results.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Two recent images both inspired by Sveva:

CALAQUENDI. The Calaquendi were High Elves who had ‘lived in the light of Valinor’ and to which they returned at the end of the Third Age.

Calaquendi B2.jpg

Feliciana Hair by Mairy and 3Dream, Meralden for V4 by Tipol, Anais Dynamic Dress by Tipol, Background from TheElvenWood by Sveva.

THE DOOR TO OTHERWHERE. Will you enter Otherwhere knowing that the one who enters may not be the same one who returns...or may not return at all?

The Door to Otherwhere.jpg

Dynamic Doredhiel Dress for V4, Sshodans Dynamic Cloak for V4, Lantern Staff by DMR, Background from Daisy Woodlands by Sveva.

Both images at full res at www.mythocentric.deviantart.com

Hornet3d

Wise
Two recent images both inspired by Sveva:

CALAQUENDI. The Calaquendi were High Elves who had ‘lived in the light of Valinor’ and to which they returned at the end of the Third Age.

View attachment 27564

Feliciana Hair by Mairy and 3Dream, Meralden for V4 by Tipol, Anais Dynamic Dress by Tipol, Background from TheElvenWood by Sveva.

THE DOOR TO OTHERWHERE. Will you enter Otherwhere knowing that the one who enters may not be the same one who returns...or may not return at all?

View attachment 27563

Dynamic Doredhiel Dress for V4, Sshodans Dynamic Cloak for V4, Lantern Staff by DMR, Background from Daisy Woodlands by Sveva.

Both images at full res at www.mythocentric.deviantart.com

Both lovely as usual. Like Miss B I particularly like the second. it gives a sense of wonder but also of menace.