• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

You blinked! Lights out!

quietrob

Extraordinary
Hornet and Ken stole everything I was gonna say!

Wonderful work. This is how it should be done.

How long for composition and what did you use for the render?

How long for composition and what did you use for the render?

Thanx.

Even thought it took 4 days to complete, the composition took about 4 hr, the render took about 8 hours (24,000 samples Octane) , postwork about 1 hour.
This is not the final. I just saw some poke thrus on left toes. I've since corrected the pokethrus, however this thread won't allow me to update.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I think you would need the original outfit to know there was pokethrough on the left toes. I can't see it. Perhaps the left big toes looks a micron within the sandal but sandals are worn down to the contour of one's foot, I think. I only wear sneakers so I'm not sure.

I wonder if anyone else noticed the bow as it vibrated. That's a little detail that keeps one looking at this composition.

Octane requires some computer muscles so I suppose I'll stick with Reality or Poser. I haven't tested Reality to see if it works PP11. In PP11, I have just enough power to use high settings and then go to bed to wake up to a good render. Which means I have to do it again as I notice that little bit of poke through AFTER it's rendered too!

I wonder if anyone else noticed the bow as it vibrated. That's a little detail that keeps one looking at this composition.

The little 'vibration of the bow' was an idea of the creator of the bow and arrow "Ghostman". He suggested that.
I expanded that idea a little more. It was done in post production in Photoshop. I added a layer with the bow selected, I apply a motion blur. Then I applied a mask to that layer and use a gradian brush to paint on the blur. less blur in the center, more blur on the outer edges of the bow.
The rest of the blur / DOF of the background and foreground was pure Octane.

Octane requires some computer muscles so I suppose I'll stick with Reality or Poser.
Octane actually requires less computer muscles, but more Video Card Muscles. I started with Octane a year and a half ago with one GTX 760 card with 4GB, since then I've added another GTX 760. So now I'm running Two GTX760. My Computer is a 6 yr old 2nd Generation Intel Core i7 with 16 Gb of RAM.

I've dabbled in Iray (decent speed) and Superfly (a bit slower). I found myself going back to Octane, because I still think it is more capable than the 2 other renderers. Octane is a bit expensive to have. I am lucky to get it early, before Iray and Superfly was out. The transition to Iray and Superfly is easier for me.

Hornet3d

Wise
Forest Encounter.jpg

She was both startled and annoyed, she was sure that seconds earlier there had been no one else close, she had not seen or heard anything. More worryingly she had sensed nothing and even as she stood facing the man that had appeared close to her she still sensed nothing. There was a long pause before he broke the silence.

"I apologise for startling you but I must commend you on the speed of your reactions." His voice was soft, melodic and quite calm but she felt he was treating her as a child and her response was nowhere near as controlled.

"Take one more step and it will one your last." The words had hardly left her lips before he took one more step and halted before her before he spoke once more.

"In MY forest we tend to welcome strangers in a friendly manner and weapons are only used to protect the forest and those that live and travel within it."

quietrob

Extraordinary
These denim overalls are a commission job I did this week for The Kids 4 figure - which I had never used before. This figure has like 10 JCMs just on each leg, which made the rigging take forever. That makes me better appreciate that Dawn has only 2. :D

Modeled in 3DSMAX, textured in PaintShop, rigged in Poser and rendered with Superfly.

View attachment 16187

So this was never released to the public? Old fashioned country Overall's are always missing from the marketplace and it's something a lot of people would like. The only pair I found was for Genesis and I think it was dynamic. This is great work, superbly executed. Sorry I never commented on them before. I see this thread or work back in the day.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
So this was never released to the public? Old fashioned country Overall's are always missing from the marketplace and it's something a lot of people would like. The only pair I found was for Genesis and I think it was dynamic. This is great work, superbly executed. Sorry I never commented on them before. I see this thread or work back in the day.

Thank you, I am glad you've liked it. It was a private commission job, and the commissioner didn't authorize resale.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I meant to say I didn't the thread or the work back in the day or i would've commented on it then.

I totally understand your reasons and integrity on NOT putting out another pair. I don't know the amount of the commision (Nor do I want to know) but I think they should be very happy because you're right. I did like it!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I'm pretty sure that there have been overalls for Genesis figures. Whether they are anything that looks like *real* overalls is another issue. I think that Oskarsson did some at one point or other. I did see them at DAZ, anyway.