• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I am trying to simulate the muscle suit Henry Cavil wears under the MOS costume using specular and some slight displacement. It's not working quite right because I have to figure out how to make the muscles. The problem is that most of the mapping used to make these characters has no muscle definition...

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Blues Rulz
rendered in Carrara

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I waited patiently for 23+ hours to get this image.... and it still has a few artifacts in it. Oh well, my first successful Superfly render: Shiera telling Carter she will see him soon. Her new armor stands in the cave next to his. She is about to put it on for the last time... in this lifetime.
HG.jpg

quietrob

Extraordinary
I waited patiently for 23+ hours to get this image.... and it still has a few artifacts in it. Oh well, my first successful Superfly render: Shiera telling Carter she will see him soon. Her new armor stands in the cave next to his. She is about to put it on for the last time... in this lifetime.View attachment 27388
I suppose I don't have your eye for these things. I'm looking for artifacts but all I can catch is the great metallics, the wing design and wondering what figures that armor is for. Perhaps the nearest bracer to my left on Shyera's armor might be an artifact but I think this set is very cool.

@quietrob: You know who this is, right?View attachment 27389
Figures? I think it's Miki. As a hero, It's been a while old friend. You'll have to refresh my memory.

Hornet3d

Wise
I waited patiently for 23+ hours to get this image.... and it still has a few artifacts in it. Oh well, my first successful Superfly render: Shiera telling Carter she will see him soon. Her new armor stands in the cave next to his. She is about to put it on for the last time... in this lifetime.View attachment 27388

I can't see any artifacts either but I do see one stunning render. If that is the first successful one you are certainly picking up Superfly well.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
There is a whole slew of different characters for that scene. The girl is Pauline. The Hawkman armor was made for Paul. The Hawkgirl armor was made for V4.

The other hero scene is Pauline. She is playing one of my heroines, Golden Girl.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
The cool thing about scaling in Poser is that you can do a lot with Pauline without morphs. By scaling her waist to 85%, I got that figure. I just modeled the Golden Girl outfit to it and it came out looking pretty nice.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I can't see any artifacts either but I do see one stunning render. If that is the first successful one you are certainly picking up Superfly well.
Well, thank you! I get lucky every once in awhile. I am liking the Superfly render engine a lot. It's so much easier to use. I don't have to use a lot of nodes, but still can if I want to. But not because I have to use them to achieve good results.

Hornet3d

Wise
The evidence that he was here was no stronger than the other places she had visited only to be disappointed. Yet as she entered the street she was hopeful, this was just the sort of low key address he would choose, the only questions now where, was he here and had she found him in time. Even as her spirits lightened slightly she was well aware, finding him was one thing getting him to agree to return with her was another matter entirely. After all she had failed to convince him to stay in the first place, why should he consider returning, other than to save his own life, but that was same argument that had failed to convince him to stay.

Street Search HW.jpg