• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

seachnasaigh

Energetic
...a lot of men have female muses when it comes to 3D art. ;)
Well, classically, all muses are female - the nine sisters. But I'll allow for metaphorical expansion - my muse is TinkerBell.

@RedPhantom inspired these modifications to the House of Healing; I did some landscaping to the terrain, and made all of the tunnel entrances at the same level. There is now a semi-circular driveway with its section beside the tunnel entrances flat and level to make positioning horses and carriages easier.
At the back, the terrain is almost as high as the colonnade deck, so it has a low set of stairs for use with the Lothlorien terrain. For general purpose use on a flat (or flat-ish) terrain, those stairs are replaced with three more tunnel entrances and guardrail added to the colonnade deck above.
Adding the circular drive necessitated erasing/re-drawing a bit of the RGB terrain discriminator map to get the road to line up with the new driveway ramps. I also drew in a flower bed (not shown in these shots).
Night shots:

pretty dark in some areas of the colonnade deck...

I started some day/sunset shots; I'll post when finished.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well, classically, all muses are female - the nine sisters. But I'll allow for metaphorical expansion - my muse is TinkerBell.

@RedPhantom inspired these modifications to the House of Healing; I did some landscaping to the terrain, and made all of the tunnel entrances at the same level. There is now a semi-circular driveway with its section beside the tunnel entrances flat and level to make positioning horses and carriages easier.

My education is clearly lacking on the subject of muses, something I need to rectify.

I love the House of Healing.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Thank you, @Hornet3d :geek:

@quietrob : The models' mesh lights are doing most of the lighting, except for a weak (7% strength) infinite light providing moonshadow. The lantern flames flicker and the bluish biolumenescent lights are also automatically animated.

The flames in the squarish lanterns use this:

The phase shift math node lets me make the flames different, even though they use the same folder of JPGs. That saves memory.

The bluish biolumens use this:

There's only one image map there, but it is a 4x4 matrix of sixteen images; the math nodes display one matrix cell per frame; the phase shift lets me make each light in the carriage different.

The LightPath node, along with the simple greyscale color block labeled lightcasting boost adjust, and the two nodes on the right (hyperwhite amplifier and 1invis_2vis_tex provide the adjustable lightcasting.

I have example lightcaster materials in my freebie Superfly material sampler pack.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Sunset shot: A3 Sylfie on the colonnade of the House of Healing. Look at the ground, and note the wagon wheel tracks. :D
I also "drew" in a flower bed by simply pasting a red frame shape onto the terrain's RGB discriminator map. The red frame shape had a blue "shadow". In the terrain material, anyplace which is red gets mixed pink & yellow flowers; blue areas are moist bare dirt. So by pasting a red frame shape with a blue shadow onto the map's black background (black gets the default mixed grass, clover, and violets), I get a flower bed with a border! :D

seachnasaigh

Energetic
This is a snippet of the terrain's RGB discriminator map, showing what I drew to make wagon roads (green) and a flower bed (red) bordered by moist bare dirt (blue):

...et voila! a flower bed! :D

tunnel entrance...

You can easily change the bas-relief carving panels, by using your own depth map (hint: render a figure using Z-depth, to make the height map).

And... I've got red Xs... Photobucket eats moose droppings.:somad:

seachnasaigh

Energetic
That looks like it was done with clouds filter in Photoshop. Very clever use of it too.
Thank you, Bonnie. I use Genetica 4.0 Studio to generate a looped series of seamless tiles.

I set up an account at imgur. I'll try to post pics.

This is a snippet of the terrain's RGB discriminator map, showing what I drew to make wagon roads (green) and a flower bed (red) bordered by moist bare dirt (blue):

...et voila! a flower bed! :D

tunnel entrance...

You can easily change the bas-relief carving panels, by using your own depth map (hint: render a figure using Z-depth, to make the height map).

Hmmm. The stone block material needs a bump map.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
The Muse

Sometimes the Muses are referred to as water nymphs, associated with the springs of Helicon and with Pieris.

It was said that the winged horse Pegasus touched his hooves to the ground on Helicon, causing four sacred springs to burst forth, from which the muses were born.

The Rabbit of the South is here to help Pegasus and the Muse from the dangers that are around..
Rendered in Carrara with postwork in PSE14
edited to add that the rabbit is Lepus2 by @Sparky on Genesis :)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Here is my WIP, the Man of Steel reboot for M4. Ignore the artifacts in the mapping. I did a really quick UV map on this just so I can test it. It will improve as I get the modeling done.

MOS.jpg