• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I like the second best also as it draws the viewers in and makes me wonder what is behind the door,.

Last edited:

Carey

Extraordinary
I said I was modeling this suit after the BvS suit, and I believe it is the same suit that he is wearing in the Justice League promo shot seen here. you can clearly see the cod piece. And , as luck would have it, is where I have distortion in he UV map and makes it stand out. I am going to redo that bump map to more closely match what is in this picture.
View attachment 27555
And yes, you have to group before adding bones when you are rigging. Doing clothing for a specific character is much easier. You simply use the DEV rig as a donor rig and click "Auto Group" before applying it. But the circumstances vary, and sometimes I will group the clothing myself is I am looking for it to do something specific (Like a weight mapped cape that is a hybrid conformer/dynamic).
WOW

seachnasaigh

Energetic
I did a vector redraw enlargement of the stone block texture, and drew a bump map for the seams between stone blocks. It's a little better. A similar vector redraw enlargement of the big ashlar blocks of the foundation made a definite improvement. I used PhotoZoom Pro to do the vector redraw enlargement.
I used BB's Superfly hair shader on the dolly.

Hornet3d

Wise
I did a vector redraw enlargement of the stone block texture, and drew a bump map for the seams between stone blocks. It's a little better. A similar vector redraw enlargement of the big ashlar blocks of the foundation made a definite improvement. I used PhotoZoom Pro to do the vector redraw enlargement.
I used BB's Superfly hair shader on the dolly.

That is one stunning render.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Very nice work. I just want to post some cuddly images. This is Marley, who I walk every day and Dylans dad pays me for it. Marley is a cuddly staff bull terrier and he loves people, but isn't very sociable with dogs (male ones that is).But he loves me and here he is getting made up for saint Patricks day last year.

marley2.jpg

marley3.jpg

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Marley is great. I often take him out when visiting friends in dodgy parts of Dublin and absolutely nobody bothers me when Marley is around to protect me.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I don't think Marley knows what I'm doing with him, but he does tolerate it and lets me do what I want. He does just love rubs and attention and is adorable.

Hornet3d

Wise
I don't think Marley knows what I'm doing with him, but he does tolerate it and lets me do what I want. He does just love rubs and attention and is adorable.

laying on his back with his legs in the air pretty well says, do what you want to me. Our Lurcher sleeps like in a similar position sometimes but someone here mentioned that he must feel safe as no dog would sleep like that in the wild as it leaves them too vulnerable. Marley is certainly a lovely dog, the name makes me think of Christmas though.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thank you Rae! As I mentioned elsewhere my love of mythology (especially that of the Celts) is probably inbred and goes right back to my childhood and continues unabated to this day. Given that Tolkiens mythology was firmly rooted in northern European traditions also explains why he's by far my favourite author. As for me I can only hope to depict that in a way which connects with anyone looking at my images. That's enough to make me very happy! :snoopydances:
For anyone who wants to explore further there are some good books around (and some dire ones!) of which I can highly recommend 'Myths and Legends of the Celts' by James MacKillop (Penguin Books). Available on Kindle if you have one (and way cheaper than the hardback!). There are also quite a few ebooks available from Gutenberg Press for free which were collected during Victorian times when we first realised that there was a Celtic tradition. The free ebook reader Calibre (multi formats) is recommended. Have fun! :blossom:

Well it has taken me a while to get hold of the book (I added it to my birthday wishlist) and even longer to find time to read it but I finally have a copy of 'Myths and Legends of the Celts'. I am only into the first few chapters but I already have had my views of the Celts modified. Not that I doubted your recommendation but I can see already this is indeed a very interesting book.

Dylan

Eager
Yes Marley is very cranky with other dogs and it can be embarrasing at times, but he is very friendly with children and protective of his owners and friends. I think that's about as good as it gets.

Hornet3d

Wise
Yes Marley is very cranky with other dogs and it can be embarrasing at times, but he is very friendly with children and protective of his owners and friends. I think that's about as good as it gets.

Our Lurcher is normally very laid back and is great with children but also very cranky with other dogs and he has embarrassed us on a regular basis. The strange thing is he is only like it when on a lead, we take to an arboretum which is close to us so he can run and he completely different. He will go up and greet every dog he comes across and while excitable is never cranky. He loves to play chase with any dog that will join in, in fact the only think he likes better is running full pelt through long grass, the longer the better.

Dylan

Eager
That's a good way to have them Hornet. Unfortunately Marley is grumpy with most male dogs. He has his buddies of course, but his list of enemies is much longer and we have to keep him on the leash when we see dogs we aren't familiar with. I believe that's the way it is with Staffies, we just have to live with it.

Hornet3d

Wise
That's a good way to have them Hornet. Unfortunately Marley is grumpy with most male dogs. He has his buddies of course, but his list of enemies is much longer and we have to keep him on the leash when we see dogs we aren't familiar with. I believe that's the way it is with Staffies, we just have to live with it.

We have to keep him on a leash when we walk him locally as his chase instinct is very high, dogs are an issue as he gets cranky but see a cat or a hare he is gone in a flash. Understandable really as we got him from a rescue center, he was a working dog before but had been badly abused and was only too thirds of the weight he should be. He was also quite timid around some people. Happily almost four years on he is a very different and confident dog.

Hornet3d

Wise
Better than one of ours who barks at other dogs if she doesnt know them because shes scared.

I have never quite sure if our's barks because he is scared or frustrated that he can't run off and play, from the way he acts when we take him somewhere safe and let him off the leash I think it may be the later.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I think Marley is just a grouch with dogs. And horses, birds, buses, trucks, motorbikes, cyclists. Not much he doesn't growl at really.