• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
That is certainly looking the business.
This suit stirs up some controversy at other sites. There are a lot of 'purists' slamming it because it's not Chris Reeve's suit. There are no underwear on the outside, blah blah blah... I don't say anything when they pipe up, other than I like all of the suits. Not for what it looks like, but for what it represents... If more of us looked at it that way, maybe we could all be happy.

Because this is official DCEU, and therefore now canon. Better get used to it. I bet eventually the comics will have to tow the line too, even if Superman has been rebooted 3 times since the release of Man of Steel...

Hornet3d

Wise
This suit stirs up some controversy at other sites. There are a lot of 'purists' slamming it because it's not Chris Reeve's suit. There are no underwear on the outside, blah blah blah... I don't say anything when they pipe up, other than I like all of the suits. Not for what it looks like, but for what it represents... If more of us looked at it that way, maybe we could all be happy.

Because this is official DCEU, and therefore now canon. Better get used to it. I bet eventually the comics will have to tow the line too, even if Superman has been rebooted 3 times since the release of Man of Steel...

Well there is no accounting for others but I find the controversy a little surprising. I would have thought they should be pleased someone with your talents is spending time creating something for a character that they love. Thinking a little further I should not be surprised though, I am fascinated by working model steam engines and own a couple. It seems to me almost magical that something this small can be propelled water and flame yet, no matter how good the model, there is always someone willing to complain that it does not have enough rivets or that the scale is wrong as it is 3mm smaller than it should be.

While I believe you are right to remain silent on such occasions, as you are never going to convince them, I do admire your restraint. Mind you I would love to see what sort of suit they could come up with. It is so very easy to pick holes in the work of others.

I love the suit all the more now for some reason:).

Rokket

Dances with Bees
There are people out there who will be negative no matter what it is. You could be looking at a picture of an adorable little girl in a dress with a ribbon in her hair and they will complain that the lighting is wrong, or something else. Some people are just not happy unless they are complaining. I ignore most of it because I am by and large a very happy person. I don't like being negative, and tend to stay away from those who are. I spend a great deal of my time away from my family. If I was negative I wouldn't survive that. And it's my kids who give me my outlook on life. I do this for them.

And a little bit for me...

I'll have to double me efforts to complete it while I am home and have the time! The world needs this suit! Hahahaha!!!

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Great attitude Rokket. :)

I used to work with a gal years ago who always spent the day complaining about someone, or something, or anything at all. We gave her the nickname The Complainer, and don't think she didn't complain about that when she found out. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
There are people out there who will be negative no matter what it is. You could be looking at a picture of an adorable little girl in a dress with a ribbon in her hair and they will complain that the lighting is wrong, or something else. Some people are just not happy unless they are complaining. I ignore most of it because I am by and large a very happy person. I don't like being negative, and tend to stay away from those who are. I spend a great deal of my time away from my family. If I was negative I wouldn't survive that. And it's my kids who give me my outlook on life. I do this for them.

And a little bit for me...

I'll have to double me efforts to complete it while I am home and have the time! The world needs this suit! Hahahaha!!!

Not only a great attitude but one that benefits your children, the world needs less negativity and lots more people like you giving it a positive spin.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Firefly Supes.png

I reworked the UV mapping on the suit itself. I am remodeling the torso piping today. This is a quick down and dirty FIREFLY render, because I wanted to see how the materials looked in Firefly. I like it so far. Piping today. More WIP renders tomorrow.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
It's coming along. I don't want to rush it. I want to put it out there and not regret doing that. I want to make sure all the I's are dotted and T's crossed before it goes out into the world.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's coming along. I don't want to rush it. I want to put it out there and not regret doing that. I want to make sure all the I's are dotted and T's crossed before it goes out into the world.
Don't blame you one bit.