• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Ohhhhh, where you out drinking last night??? Shame on you. ~shakes head~

I don't think I've had much trouble with download speeds, but I have cable Internet access. I can tell you a lot of sites are slower during the day, and quieter late at night, so I often do my downloading just before I go to sleep, and then get better download speeds. I had that once with one of the Poser SR's, though more with the content files than the software itself. I had to wait hours before I could get them all downloaded. Not everyone has a fast server.
No, I wasn't out drinking! I was just using that language to express my disgust with that download speed I was getting from HDRLabs. Being here in the Philippines, I am up when you are all sleeping and vice versa. So I have to do what I can when I get the chance...

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Again I think it depends on the lighting. Maybe change the hue to a lighter than the latest but darker than the previous one. Then as the storybook goes...it should be just right!
I have used almost everything between those two shades and still can't match the color. I think I may be looking at the wrong reference image, though. I am going off an old Justice League movie promo.

justice-league-movie-cast.jpg

Matching this has been a real headache. I am going to download some other images and see if I can find a happy medium. It's the same problem I was having before, in that no two images of that suit are the same because of lighting or lens distortion or a host of other issues. But I'll keep plugging away until I get it right. And the piping is almost done. I UV mapped the cuffs on the sleeves. I am going to map the piping.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Maybe it sticks out too much now? Still no displacement on this one.

I think I'd model the emblem separately, then use the Matchmaker Brush in ZBrush to place it on the shirt. Matchmaker will shape the emblem exactly to the chest shape. It wouldn't be a lot of extra geometry either.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I don't have ZBrush, Bonnie. But I do have Blender, and it has Shrinkwrap Utility, which pretty much does the same thing. But it doesn't give a hoot about topology, and sometimes there is a lot of extra work involved to fix what you shrunk.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Thanks. I downloaded the demo version of, I think it was 4. something. I had it for a month, couldn't really get the time to learn how to do much of anything and then the demo expired. I didn't have the cash then and I sure don't now. I've had 3DS Max and Poser Pro 11 gifted to me, though, so I am blessed either way.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Thank you! I am done posting renders for a bit. I have to get off my backside and get the modeling done. Then there is the mapping, the rigging, the testing....

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I will have to experiment with Firefly. I really don't know. Anyway, I started a new thread in the Meadow about the MOS build, so any further posts about it will be in there.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Whoa; that looks pretty good, @Rokket . Don't know if I can do any better. But I am experimenting with it now.
I *think* I have my network operational now. I'll probably fire up the server blades this evening and see if they are able to see the internet in order to update security and Windows.

This is the knothole above Miri's treehouse.

The face camera's high focal length causes some weird foreshortening, making that bridge look like it's close.

You can hide a chunk of the trunk to give camera access for shots from within the knothole:

Last edited: