• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Wow! impressive stuff going on in here. If at any time you feel you want to break information out of this thread and start a more focused thread topic, please contact one of our friendly CVBees. They will be more than happy to assist you.

Of course, if you prefer, you can leave everything just how it is. I just wanted to offer the option to become more focused if you wish to.

Thanks so much and enjoy creating!

:love:

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Thank you, @Satira Capriccio & @Miss B :)

@quietrob : Four workstations, thirteen blades, and two midtower servers - 424 cores total. Cameron (2008) is the only one which was purchased new. Everything else was purchased as used/refurb.
I'm limited to fifteen for Vue rendering; I can use them all for Lux or for Poser animations/batches (Poser doesn't network a single render).

Hornet3d

Wise
Thank you, @Satira Capriccio & @Miss B :)

@quietrob : Four workstations, thirteen blades, and two midtower servers - 424 cores total. Cameron (2008) is the only one which was purchased new. Everything else was purchased as used/refurb.
I'm limited to fifteen for Vue rendering; I can use them all for Lux or for Poser animations/batches (Poser doesn't network a single render).

Poser not networking a single render must be a real frustration when you have such an amazing set up.

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay, I really did just want to post an image. I was rummaging through my Mac and found this image I rendered years ago, Long before Hive wire existed, Chris, Ken, and Lisa were still at DAZ and the Poser Community was still in one piece. The birds flying belong to Ken and the leaves on the ground were from Lisa B's oak trees I think. All the figures are either M4, V4, Luke, Laura and duplicates.

Market7.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmmmm, well Lisa reminded us we have a "heart/love" emoji, maybe there's a Thank You emoji out there. ;)

Edited to Add: We DO have a Thank You emoji --> :thankyou2: If you don't like that one because it makes you dizzy, you can always use this one instead --> :thankyou:

Hornet3d

Wise
Okay, I really did just want to post an image. I was rummaging through my Mac and found this image I rendered years ago, Long before Hive wire existed, Chris, Ken, and Lisa were still at DAZ and the Poser Community was still in one piece. The birds flying belong to Ken and the leaves on the ground were from Lisa B's oak trees I think. All the figures are either M4, V4, Luke, Laura and duplicates.

View attachment 28040

Well if you had said this was a render you had just done I would have said it looks great but in the time frame you have specified it is quite stunning.

eclark1894

Visionary
Well if you had said this was a render you had just done I would have said it looks great but in the time frame you have specified it is quite stunning.
Yeah, I was just thinking that I wish I still had the scene file for this one. I'd love to give it a render in Superfly.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Thank you, everyone. The poem is one I made up for our Lucy when she was snuggled up in bed the other night and I couldn't think of any bedtime stories. The image just flowed from that without any hassle for a change, though it did mean the printer got busy this morning producing copies for her and her mates! :eek:

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I needed to post this somewhere. I got bored and started creating a second skin outfit for Sydney. I am not messing with it anymore, but I have one final image I did before deleting everything. I wish they would have taken a bit more time with her mapping. The map wraps around her arms and across her upper back kind of weird, so it's not as nice as it could have been. But on the other hand, it's easier to do stuff like this when you have a single map available versus one where each limb is separated. Definitely click on this one to expand it. I like the suit texture I got with this.

SpiderGirl.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I like that but will offer one suggestion, use a bump or displacement around the neck edge to make it look a but more like clothes.
That suit texture is awesome!