• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I like that but will offer one suggestion, use a bump or displacement around the neck edge to make it look a but more like clothes.
That suit texture is awesome!
I would have if I had actually finished it. This was something I was doing when I got frustrated with the storms I was sitting through without internet access and my Superman suit was (and still is) driving me nuts.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Nice! She sure is a busty lass!
There is a morph package called Jasmina morphs that was gifted to me awhile back that works on all of the G2 female characters. I used it on her to give her a bit of muscle and a shape leaning toward voluptuous. I may have over done her breasts...

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
That Superman suit of yours is shaping up to be top notch. However, as you say, it's good to look to other things for a while and let your muse chill! :)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
That Superman suit of yours is shaping up to be top notch. However, as you say, it's good to look to other things for a while and let your muse chill! :)
Yeah, I am not a machine. I have to step away from it every now and then or I will lose interest. I have dozens of projects that I never finished because of trying to do too much at once.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Aunty Jack and Arthur
Modelling and Rendered in Carrara .. Post in PSE

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Solved the alpha fringe on the terrain/treeline backdrop, plus that extended backdrop terrain was re-rendered (Vue) with non-directional lighting so that you can spin the skydome around and have the sun/moon in any direction. The old backdrop quadrants were 4096 pixels wide; the new textures are 8192x1600.

Besides rendering some new skies, I re-rendered a few, including the sunset used here. The old versions are 4096x1024; the new textures are 8192x2048.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Can anyone post a render here?
If so how do I post a picture?
You can load the picture to your media gallery, and then put that in a post using the camera icon in the menu bar above where you type in a post. Or, you can upload a pic to a hosting site, and click the photograph icon, then paste the pic's address into the popup prompt.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Can anyone post a render here?
If so how do I post a picture?
. . . or as a third option to the two options Seach posted above, you can type in your post, and then click the Upload a File button just below the text box you typed your message in, and just navigate to where on your computer the image resides, and select it. Then it'll show you a thumbnail of the image below the text box, and you can choose to show the thumbnail or a full sized image by clicking the appropriate button. Most folks use the full sized image, unless it's a really large image.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Aunty Jack and Arthur
Modelling and Rendered in Carrara .. Post in PSE

This is ermm so rather Creepy, but LOL I haven't stopped laughing since I saw it! The guy in the blue dress Looks like my band director from High School!! His name was Mr. Christoph.

Hornet3d

Wise
So after a very busy couple of weeks I have managed to do my knee in making walking very painful. The silver lining though is I have time to play with a few renders.

Save that from yonder ivy-mantled tower
The moping owl does to the moon complain
Of such as, wandering near her secret bower,
Molest her ancient solitary reign.

(Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard by Thomas Gray)

Graveyard HW.jpg

quietrob

Extraordinary
So after a very busy couple of weeks I have managed to do my knee in making walking very painful. The silver lining though is I have time to play with a few renders.

Save that from yonder ivy-mantled tower
The moping owl does to the moon complain
Of such as, wandering near her secret bower,
Molest her ancient solitary reign.

(Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard by Thomas Gray)

View attachment 28417
Much better lit. Dark and Creepy is good but not if you can't see what's happening. Nice work on the flashlight or the postwork by you heroine.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Okay, I really did just want to post an image. I was rummaging through my Mac and found this image I rendered years ago, Long before Hive wire existed, Chris, Ken, and Lisa were still at DAZ and the Poser Community was still in one piece. The birds flying belong to Ken and the leaves on the ground were from Lisa B's oak trees I think. All the figures are either M4, V4, Luke, Laura and duplicates.

View attachment 28040
Looks like an medieval village on market day! I know those extra's took time to dress and pose. Nice work, Earl.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I like that but will offer one suggestion, use a bump or displacement around the neck edge to make it look a but more like clothes.
That suit texture is awesome!
I agree with Faery Light. That is one awesome spidey suit. @Rokket When you say you deleted it after you were finished, what exactly do you delete?

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
LEANAN SIDHE. The Leanan Sidhe, in Celtic mythology, is a beautiful woman of the Aos Sidhe (people of the barrows) who takes human lovers. Her lovers are said to live highly inspired, though very brief lives.

This started out as a simple experiment to see how well the old lady (Vicky 4) can look with decent mats which took on a life of its own until I finished it. Lights are one diffuse IBL plus Specular.

Leanaan Sidhe.jpg

V4, Mats (and ears) from Eirwen by Mihrelle, Electra Hair by SAV, Celtic Delights Jewelry by Fabiana, Mistress of Flow Dress by ShaaraMuse3D, Background by Sveva.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I agree with Faery Light. That is one awesome spidey suit. @Rokket When you say you deleted it after you were finished, what exactly do you delete?
All of the images I created to make the second skin were deleted. But I did save the xcf file, which is the GIMP version of a psd file from Photoshop. So in other words, I can easily create the image again if I feel the need.

I also deleted the web shooters I made.