• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Uhhhh, yes I would say so. That's one heck of a size for a single file, though I have in the past downloaded some Bryce related files from DAZ that were over 1Gig, but there servers have always been quick for downloading. Not all servers are, and not everyone has cable or DSL access to the Internet.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
@Rokket

Here is your spidey girl texture done in Carrara... added a bit of bump to it...

SpideyGirl Poser.jpg

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I should model some boots for this. In fact, I should probably go ahead and create an entire costume using the second skin as a base and adding whatever needs to be there (rigged web shooters, anyone?) like boots and maybe some sort of mask. I am not keen on creating the full head spider-man mask, though. Maybe just an eye mask...?

quietrob

Extraordinary
I should model some boots for this. In fact, I should probably go ahead and create an entire costume using the second skin as a base and adding whatever needs to be there (rigged web shooters, anyone?) like boots and maybe some sort of mask. I am not keen on creating the full head spider-man mask, though. Maybe just an eye mask...?
I think the boots and just an eyemask is a good idea. While I love love LOVE seconds skins (as you know from our original correspondence) the lack of boots is always a hassle. On the plus side, it improved my texturing skills and made me think of alternatives. Darkseal is one my favorite vendors and a great guy, I do buy his second skins. However, I'm always left to do the boots. The eyemask...I think there are a couple of freebies out there but I know you could do it better. The extra's like webshooters would be sweeeeeet!

@Stezza There's something clean about Carrara that I like. She looks like she got home from webslinging.

@Miss B I knew it! I just knew it! Hey Rokket how about a solid scrunchie with a web symbol on it? Girls like ponytails and Manbuns right?

Carey

Extraordinary
Okay, I really did just want to post an image. I was rummaging through my Mac and found this image I rendered years ago, Long before Hive wire existed, Chris, Ken, and Lisa were still at DAZ and the Poser Community was still in one piece. The birds flying belong to Ken and the leaves on the ground were from Lisa B's oak trees I think. All the figures are either M4, V4, Luke, Laura and duplicates.

View attachment 28040
excellent work!
I needed to post this somewhere. I got bored and started creating a second skin outfit for Sydney. I am not messing with it anymore, but I have one final image I did before deleting everything. I wish they would have taken a bit more time with her mapping. The map wraps around her arms and across her upper back kind of weird, so it's not as nice as it could have been. But on the other hand, it's easier to do stuff like this when you have a single map available versus one where each limb is separated. Definitely click on this one to expand it. I like the suit texture I got with this.

View attachment 28355
nice web work!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I modeled some boots for the Sydney Spider Girl, but they were modeled around the morphs I used. I realized that she is a Poser 7 figure and not everyone will have the morph package, so I am modeling them again on her base figure.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Since I decided to model some boots for this spider suit, I thought I'd do a render of it on her default body. I tried Miss B's render settings of turning off BPT, and set the pixel samples to 14. It was quicker to render, but I am still not happy with the look of the skin.

Spider.jpg

Definitely click on this one so you can see what I mean. And if you can offer some PP 11 render settings to give me better results (and maybe a hair faster), I'd appreciate it. I start the boots tomorrow, since this render took most of the day to complete.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Because the rokket and I love comics and I mentioned using Poser to aid in Comic Art.

I realized that while I could portraits and such and find that enjoyable, I wanted to make a comic. The first issue had little to no action, just a bunch of dialogue. That's fine as long as the dialogue is good and it sets up the rest of the story. So I made an issue to practice making action. This is a page from that issue. It's quite fun and gave me a TON of poses.

Page_35_copy.jpg

Thumbnail so you can easily skip over it.
A question. Anyone else besides the rokket like Anime, Manga and Comics?