• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
I modeled a pigeon skeleton.. then thought..... :rolleyes:
Rendered in Carrara with Carrara hair and sketch background rendered then post in PSE14

Love the skeleton, clever render.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I modeled a pigeon skeleton.. then thought..... :rolleyes:
Rendered in Carrara with Carrara hair and sketch background rendered then post in PSE14

What a creative mind! I can't even imagine something like this. I'd love to know the thought process behind this. I mean a cat can't help being a cat so Tweety is always in trouble. But there just ain't no meat on them bones! What's a cat to do?

Last edited:

quietrob

Extraordinary
View attachment 27765
A closeup to see the detail of the displacement for the emblem and a good look at the Kryptonian texture on the suit. Again, this is Firefly.

I was comparing it to the Henry Cavill suit. I would love to see a longer render to see how light affects it. I noticed that when Henry is in shadows, the S looks just like yours. When it's not, the S pops out more but then so does the entire suit due I believe to the additional light and reflections. I think you are nearing the perfect Man of Steel suit.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Lighting does play a HUGE role in how the Henry Cavill suit looks on screen. I think they are using tight beamed spotlights in certain shots to highlight the emblem. And lest we forget, the color of the suit in BvS is darker than in MoS, and the Kryptonian texture is different. The emblem has more sheen in the BvS suit, and a brighter gold/yellow. I am trying to find a happy medium.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Just for kicks, I'll put the suit in a scene with bright lighting. I have to download sIBL's for the dome today, so I might as well use it. I'll render in Superfly and post it later today.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Just for kicks, I'll put the suit in a scene with bright lighting. I have to download sIBL's for the dome today, so I might as well use it. I'll render in Superfly and post it later today.
I usually find good ones at HDRLabs' sIBL Archive.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I think that might be the site that Snarly put in the readme for his dome. I am going to check it out now. Be a few hours, then I'll post a render of the suit in a bright environment and see how it looks...

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Roadside Suit.png

Not too bad, I guess. But it looks like I might have to go back to modeling the emblem. Or I'll have to fix the displacement map. There are actually 3 colors in the emblem: the red, gold and a black outline. The displacement map is only black and white, so I am getting those annoying wrinkles on the sides, and some color artifacts in the gold. I am going to see if I can find the BvS RGB codes and use those colors instead. This one still looks too subdued even in bright light.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
darker suit w emblem.png

Hmm. Maybe it sticks out too much now? Still no displacement on this one. But it's after midnight here and I am turning into a pumpkin. I need about 40 hours of rest...

Miss B

CV-BEE
You are making progress though, and yes that is the sIBL Archive Snarly mentioned in his EZDome Guide. I also have links to a couple of other sites, but I've had problems getting some of the HDR files to work because they aren't the same quality. In one case I didn't mind because it just looked like I had used DoF, even though I hadn't. ;)

quietrob

Extraordinary
It almost CAN'T stick out too much. The S is the icon figure that survives all reinvention. One thing the artists love to do is to put Supes completely in silhouette and only highlight his "S" and his killer eyes.

Have you turned into a pumpkin?

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I turned into a pumpkin and got almost 8 full hours of sleep! I was awaken the best way a daddy can: with good bye kisses from his kids as they leave for school.

More work on the emblem today. Is the suit color too dark? The hue is still a bit off...

Rokket

Dances with Bees
You are making progress though, and yes that is the sIBL Archive Snarly mentioned in his EZDome Guide. I also have links to a couple of other sites, but I've had problems getting some of the HDR files to work because they aren't the same quality. In one case I didn't mind because it just looked like I had used DoF, even though I hadn't. ;)
Kind of like that last image I posted! I found it and got a couple sets from there. I had issues with downloading from there. The download speed was god awful and it kept failing. It took me the better part of two hours to download just two sIBL sets. Well, that and the use of an ancient language known as Drunken Sailor...

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, that and the use of an ancient language known as Drunken Sailor...
Ohhhhh, where you out drinking last night??? Shame on you. ~shakes head~

I don't think I've had much trouble with download speeds, but I have cable Internet access. I can tell you a lot of sites are slower during the day, and quieter late at night, so I often do my downloading just before I go to sleep, and then get better download speeds. I had that once with one of the Poser SR's, though more with the content files than the software itself. I had to wait hours before I could get them all downloaded. Not everyone has a fast server.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Just a note. We're both working on individual projects regarding the Man of Steel. In the movie, the two were clearly a couple, fooling around in the tub and such.

In the comic book, they killed off the new Superman of the New 52 reboot and brought back the Superman that has lasted (and been more or less rebooted as well) from 1930's to the mid 2000's. He brought with him, his WIFE, Lois Lane and a son named Johnathan. Most likely named for his adopted father and will mean the predictions listed in Kingdom Come, arguably the greatest Superman story of all time will come true. Strange as Johnathan Kent is the offspring of Superman and Wonder Woman. Not Lois. In the future, Lois was killed by the Joker. It seems as if they merged the two futures where Superman left Earth and didn't return for a quarter of a million years. He was trying to search for a way to bring Lois back to life but his descendants had long since taken over his mantle as Earth's protector.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I turned into a pumpkin and got almost 8 full hours of sleep! I was awaken the best way a daddy can: with good bye kisses from his kids as they leave for school.

More work on the emblem today. Is the suit color too dark? The hue is still a bit off...

Again I think it depends on the lighting. Maybe change the hue to a lighter than the latest but darker than the previous one. Then as the storybook goes...it should be just right!