• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
MOS.jpg

I have to redo the torso piping. It's coming off the suit in places and casting shadows... But it's coming along nicely.

quietrob

Extraordinary
It is coming VERY nicely.I have a feeling it's going to be one of those outfits where people say, "Hey! Where did you get that?" And the answer would be, "Sorry, I don't remember" when for sure they do!

How do you like working with M4 versus Tyler? Is grouping an issue?

seachnasaigh

Energetic
@Dreamer Surreal.
Good progress, @Rokket

For the previous version of Lothlorien, I made 360' pano renders in Vue to get a landscape/treeline. The entire Lothlorien terrain mesh was considerably larger; I cut out the central circular portion for Poser, and the outer portion (with the cut edges extended downward to avoid the camera seeing under) was used for the Vue panos.

Because of image map limits of the time, I broke the backdrop/sky dome into quadrants to keep good resolution. But those panos are long and difficult to make (you *need* a rack of servers), and you can't change sun direction.

So, for this version, I'm trying a sky-only dome, with the outer terrain/treeline using the alpha map. There appears to be fringe on the outer terrain background (but it may be translucence from the Vue render's sun position to the left); I'll see if I can fix that.

Hornet3d

Wise
@Dreamer Surreal.
Good progress, @Rokket

For the previous version of Lothlorien, I made 360' pano renders in Vue to get a landscape/treeline. The entire Lothlorien terrain mesh was considerably larger; I cut out the central circular portion for Poser, and the outer portion (with the cut edges extended downward to avoid the camera seeing under) was used for the Vue panos.

Because of image map limits of the time, I broke the backdrop/sky dome into quadrants to keep good resolution. But those panos are long and difficult to make (you *need* a rack of servers), and you can't change sun direction.

So, for this version, I'm trying a sky-only dome, with the outer terrain/treeline using the alpha map. There appears to be fringe on the outer terrain background (but it may be translucence from the Vue render's sun position to the left); I'll see if I can fix that.

Damn, that is looking good.