• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Well it's been on and off for a few months. Maybe 30 hours so far, after school and mostly the dark nights when there is nothing better to do. I'll try wrap it up during this month so it doesn't become another half finished project.

The geometry text went a bit odd when I scaled it down. I think that's a bug. Also I forgot to tick on Smooth UV's when exporting the shiny bits. but you get the general idea. The car registration is a real period one from 1969.

jag8.jpg

jag9.jpg

Dylan

Eager
The geometry text went a bit odd when I scaled it down. I think that's a bug.

Yes it's been noted at ZBC. One fix is to Scale All subtools up so you won't need to scale down the text as much. Once you add the text mesh, scaling all back down will work without messing the text up.

That's an interesting one. Looks modern. Wonder who made it. So dark it's hard to see but it looks pretty complicated.
Because of the drones it's music has to be modal, and Patty builds the song around the riff. Nice way she modulates the chorus to keep on scale.
Ah! Watched that other video and it say's made by Walter Simons. Don't know the guy though.
Good explanation of how it works too. Very cool!

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I thought the whole lot was interesting :) I've always liked that song and I thought most people would know it so that's the one I posted. I really liked the more celtic sounding ones I found and there was also a middle eastern one that was pretty awesome too.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
She does have one explaining her Hurdy Gurdy. Her gurdy was built by Walter Simons (GER) and costs around 5,000 euros.

Yeah, caught that. 5,000 euros is a good price because that gurdy must be hand made. No factory cookie cutter parts for those things.
Well, mine's free, but it's just a bunch of data bytes. No materials used at all. :rolleyes:

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I've finally wrapped my head around Superfly materials, I am just waiting for a WIFI connection so I can post the renders I did. I practiced on two of the superhero outfits I made, including the Man of Steel suit I made for M4. I can now upload it with both Firefly and Superfly materials.

Zaarin

Brilliant
And can anyone explain Volume to me? Where would I use that? I don't even know what it is. Or transmission. What is that?
Volume is for the BDSFAbsorptionVolume and BDSFScatterVolume nodes; you'd use it (with the main surface either transparent or refractive) to effect how light is scattered or absorbed inside the object. It makes glass/refractive objects/liquids more realistic, and can also be used for clouds and the like.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Volume is for the BDSFAbsorptionVolume and BDSFScatterVolume nodes; you'd use it (with the main surface either transparent or refractive) to effect how light is scattered or absorbed inside the object. It makes glass/refractive objects/liquids more realistic, and can also be used for clouds and the like.
I sense we are in the presence of a materials guru. Thanks for the explanation, Zaarin.