• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Now that you mention it Lyne, I think the legs also might need to be a bit larger through the X and Z axis scale. The length on them seems to be fine.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Hard to say, their legs are so small looking with such a huge body bulk... but then most bovines DO have oddly short wimpy legs! I'm mainly looking at the hooves. :)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
The length on the legs is good to me. It's the width that might need to be upped a little to compensate for the size of the hoof. Of course, you can always break them lenghwise and make beef bone soup or beef osso bucco !

Last edited:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
And work on the neck beard of our Reindeer today. Gonna make some larger Caribou antlers next.

Reindeer5.JPG
Reindeer6.JPG
Reindeer7.JPG
Reindeer8.JPG

Varnayrah

Eager
Contributing Artist
Oh yes, please give us the deer and reindeer for christmas (wishful thinking) I've been waiting for a decent deer model for so long!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Working on improving our Spanish Bull today. I've thickened him up, more muscular, bigger thicker horns, widened his stance, head reshaping, and generally adding in more beef to the bull.

View attachment 32514

View attachment 32515

View attachment 32516

View attachment 32517

View attachment 32518
Curious Chris

Was wondering if the flap of skin under its chin is going to be poseable....as some left and right movement.I had the pleasure of seeing a real bull fight (where the bull was NOT killed in the end) and watched the bull up close with a telephot lens and noticed that flap moved every time it tossed its massive head.
Also are there going to be an additional morphs to make the hump on its neck bigger and adding more musculature to the frame to make it look more massive? Are there going to be any breed morphs along the lines of what Lynn added to her ALWAYS besutiful Bovine set?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
And work on the neck beard of our Reindeer today. Gonna make some larger Caribou antlers next.

View attachment 32521 View attachment 32522 View attachment 32523 View attachment 32524

OH THIS IS GREAT CHRIS. Wish that extra hair stuff could be added to some of the other animals as well.
As a thought is it possible to create these extra hair as poseable smart props to add ourselves on any animal we deem them necessary for effect? Sort of what i asked for on the big cat thread regarding those beautiful fuzzy ears. Would still love a set of those realistic fuzzy ears as poseable props to say add to a V4 or Dawn figure to create Japanese Kit characters!

With the right muscles morphs I can see this beautiful creature as the White forest Gods steed for the Dark Hunt. Muscles and dirt and rough hide and a saddle made of worn torn and tattered leather and reins with that extra hair in other places to fill it out and make it look more feral and ominous! :))

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Not sure if this is the right venue for this but I have a need for a muscle texture set for a horse either Harry or MilHorse 1 or even P4 horse (in desperation) showing the muscular structure of the animal similar to those made for Mil2 and Mil4 human figures.
has anyone seen such a skin texture?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Sorry, bull fighting is gross and dangerous. This is what should be done with the Bull:

Ferdinand the bull - Google Search
If the bull can just be fought without killing it in the end it is really an exciting and visually stunning sight to see in person. They are so darn beautiful and if properly led by a good toreador it looks like it dances in the heat of things. But I agree with you, I am totally against killing it in the end.