How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Dec 14, 2015.

1. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

Now that you mention it Lyne, I think the legs also might need to be a bit larger through the X and Z axis scale. The length on them seems to be fine.

2. Lyne

Lyne Dances with Bees HW Honey Bear

Hard to say, their legs are so small looking with such a huge body bulk... but then most bovines DO have oddly short wimpy legs! I'm mainly looking at the hooves. :)

3. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

The length on the legs is good to me. It's the width that might need to be upped a little to compensate for the size of the hoof. Of course, you can always break them lenghwise and make beef bone soup or beef osso bucco !

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  4. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

I need Ferdinand!

RAMWolff and NapalmArsenal like this.
  5. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Yes, that would NOT be an easy texturing project.

6. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

Good input folks. Thank you all. We'll see where this really ends up.

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  7. Chris

And work on the neck beard of our Reindeer today. Gonna make some larger Caribou antlers next.

Reindeer5.JPG Reindeer6.JPG Reindeer7.JPG Reindeer8.JPG

xmasrose, Zaarin, Ghostman and 11 others like this.
  8. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Love love love the reindeer!

9. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Hey, Chris, since you won't release a modeling tutorial, which I would totally buy, could you at least point me to a modeling tutorial or book that you endorse?

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  10. RAMWolff

RAMWolff Wolff Playing with Beez! Contributing Artist

11. Sparky

Sparky Monster Maker Contributing Artist

Chris likes this.
  12. Varnayrah

Varnayrah Eager Contributing Artist

Oh yes, please give us the deer and reindeer for christmas (wishful thinking) I've been waiting for a decent deer model for so long!

13. RAMWolff

RAMWolff Wolff Playing with Beez! Contributing Artist

.... "where the deer and the antelope play........" :p

14. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

Curious Chris

Was wondering if the flap of skin under its chin is going to be poseable....as some left and right movement.I had the pleasure of seeing a real bull fight (where the bull was NOT killed in the end) and watched the bull up close with a telephot lens and noticed that flap moved every time it tossed its massive head.
    Also are there going to be an additional morphs to make the hump on its neck bigger and adding more musculature to the frame to make it look more massive? Are there going to be any breed morphs along the lines of what Lynn added to her ALWAYS besutiful Bovine set?

15. carmen indorato

OH THIS IS GREAT CHRIS. Wish that extra hair stuff could be added to some of the other animals as well.
    As a thought is it possible to create these extra hair as poseable smart props to add ourselves on any animal we deem them necessary for effect? Sort of what i asked for on the big cat thread regarding those beautiful fuzzy ears. Would still love a set of those realistic fuzzy ears as poseable props to say add to a V4 or Dawn figure to create Japanese Kit characters!

With the right muscles morphs I can see this beautiful creature as the White forest Gods steed for the Dark Hunt. Muscles and dirt and rough hide and a saddle made of worn torn and tattered leather and reins with that extra hair in other places to fill it out and make it look more feral and ominous! :))

16. carmen indorato

Not sure if this is the right venue for this but I have a need for a muscle texture set for a horse either Harry or MilHorse 1 or even P4 horse (in desperation) showing the muscular structure of the animal similar to those made for Mil2 and Mil4 human figures.
    has anyone seen such a skin texture?

17. carmen indorato

If the bull can just be fought without killing it in the end it is really an exciting and visually stunning sight to see in person. They are so darn beautiful and if properly led by a good toreador it looks like it dances in the heat of things. But I agree with you, I am totally against killing it in the end.

RAMWolff likes this.
  18. Chris

Reindeer neck beard done today.

Reindeer9.JPG Reindeer10.JPG Reindeer11.JPG Reindeer12.JPG

RAMWolff, Dan30, Ghostman and 5 others like this.
  19. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Awesome!

Reindeer is gonna be one happy bearded dude.

20. xyer0

xyer0 Admirable

I'd settle for the collar/tie.