How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

cool stuff
    sorry....... I don't know what came over me just now :whistling:

upload_2017-9-21_14-45-9.png

pommerlis, Pendraia, Zaarin and 5 others like this.
  2. Alisa

Alisa Peacekeeper & HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

Cool, Chris!

That's sooo funny, Stezza! After looking at those, I was gonna comment on the fact that the red nose was missing, but you solved that!!

3. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

That's AWESOME! Can't wait to have it in my runtime!

4. Rae134

Rae134 Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

hmmmm how different is a reindeer texture to Laurie's deer texture and can she get it out before Christmas :p lol

Pendraia likes this.
  5. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

6. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

Looking superbly fun Chris!!

And he whistled, and shouted, and call'd them by name:
    Now Dasher, and Dancer, Prancer, and Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen .............

Stezza
    [​IMG]

7. LisaB

LisaB HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee Co-Founder

Looking great, Chris!

Wondering what a fully rigged reindeer harness with all of the bells and whistles attached to to a jolly, fat man's sleigh would take ... probably not something we have internal resources for at the moment ...

As expressive as our animals are it would be sweet to see a team of them harnessed together, each with thier own personality via morphs and expressions.

I wonder ... does something like LAMH work for clothing? Like for the fur trim on a red suit?

Pendraia, Chris, Zaarin and 3 others like this.
  8. NapalmArsenal

Thinking you could probably work it in Daz with a couple of their sleighs. Reindeer and Sleigh I know could be a possibility.
    Ah and then this one for a more traditional look.
    Sleigh copy.jpg

Although if you just want some reindeer fun ! I have a few freebie winter BGs from Vue I can offer.
    sdfd.jpg

Chris and Rae134 like this.
  9. LisaB

LisaB HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee Co-Founder

Yeah, there's some great sleighs out there already for sure. Not sure about harnesses and if what's out there can be used with a new reindeer.

What would really be cool is if someone made a Santa Suit using Marvelous Designer or something that does fabric draping well. It seems like most Santa Suits are very form fitting whereas what I'm thinking of is more like a robe and lounge pants.

Janet and NapalmArsenal like this.
  10. NapalmArsenal

Not my department there with the modeling, but yes it would be totally rocking with a dynamic suit and if you get the fur going on there even better!!

11. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

To my limited knowledge there are already at least two sleigh/harness combos out there (though not sure if for Pp4 or Mil1 horse). Short of creating one from scratch with the limited of working creative resources we have here, perhaps someone in the know could say create fit morphs for existing ones out there working out a deal with the creators and offer them for whatever is developed in the meantime for either Harry/Kirin or Deer to be developed?

12. Dreamer

Dreamer Dream Weaver Designs Contributing Artist

I was working on a sleigh and harness but had put it aside as I have yet to figure out how to rig, morph, conform etc. If some one wanted to handle that side of things I could possibly be persuaded to finish it up :)

NapalmArsenal and Janet like this.
  13. CWRW

CWRW Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

Sure it can- all one has to do is select the areas of the clothing to "fur-ify" etc. Would really be quite easy to do.

NapalmArsenal and Chris like this.
  14. phdubrov

phdubrov Noteworthy Contributing Artist

Yes.
    For example, Snow Angel for G3 from RDNA.

15. Rae134

Rae134 Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Yep, VB did it in a recent render but I can't remember what thread it was in (but it was really sweet!)

We have the harness for the Gypsy wagon, I wonder how hard it would be to add the reindeer morph to it?

16. VortigensBane

VortigensBane Busy Bee

It was in the "I just want to post an image" thread, but it's also in my media gallery.

Pendraia, Rae134 and NapalmArsenal like this.
  17. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

Yes, indeed. If you can get LAMH to work, you can put fur on just about anything. Littlefox had an outfit for one of the Genesis Vickies at RDNA shortly before the merger that had LAMH fur. (Ah phdubrov had the proper info up above. It was indeed Snow Angel)
    You can also do things like turn the fur green and use it for grass. I think you can use the plugin for other forms of instancing as well. At least it claims to be doable in the manual, and shows a sphere covered with flowers.

Pendraia likes this.
  18. VortigensBane

VortigensBane Busy Bee

I used it to add the roses to my Kentucky Derby winner's wreath that I posted somewhere a while back, so yes, you can use it to instance other geometry as well. It is just highly demanding on memory unless you are rendering in 3Delight.

19. tparo

tparo Brilliant QAV-BEE

Mec4D has done at least 1 santa suit with nice drapes and she used fibermesh for the fur trims, for Genesis 1.
    Also the Daz G3M santa suits isn't too bad for folds and again the fur trims are I belief fibermesh

LisaB and Chris like this.
  20. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist