• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
cool stuff
sorry....... I don't know what came over me just now :whistling:

upload_2017-9-21_14-45-9.png

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Cool, Chris!

That's sooo funny, Stezza! After looking at those, I was gonna comment on the fact that the red nose was missing, but you solved that!!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
hmmmm how different is a reindeer texture to Laurie's deer texture and can she get it out before Christmas :p lol

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Looking great, Chris!

Wondering what a fully rigged reindeer harness with all of the bells and whistles attached to to a jolly, fat man's sleigh would take ... probably not something we have internal resources for at the moment ...

As expressive as our animals are it would be sweet to see a team of them harnessed together, each with thier own personality via morphs and expressions.

I wonder ... does something like LAMH work for clothing? Like for the fur trim on a red suit?

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thinking you could probably work it in Daz with a couple of their sleighs. Reindeer and Sleigh I know could be a possibility.
Ah and then this one for a more traditional look.
Sleigh copy.jpg

Although if you just want some reindeer fun ! I have a few freebie winter BGs from Vue I can offer.
sdfd.jpg

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yeah, there's some great sleighs out there already for sure. Not sure about harnesses and if what's out there can be used with a new reindeer.

What would really be cool is if someone made a Santa Suit using Marvelous Designer or something that does fabric draping well. It seems like most Santa Suits are very form fitting whereas what I'm thinking of is more like a robe and lounge pants.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Yeah, there's some great sleighs out there already for sure. Not sure about harnesses and if what's out there can be used with a new reindeer.

What would really be cool is if someone made a Santa Suit using Marvelous Designer or something that does fabric draping well. It seems like most Santa Suits are very form fitting whereas what I'm thinking of is more like a robe and lounge pants.
Not my department there with the modeling, but yes it would be totally rocking with a dynamic suit and if you get the fur going on there even better!!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Looking great, Chris!

Wondering what a fully rigged reindeer harness with all of the bells and whistles attached to to a jolly, fat man's sleigh would take ... probably not something we have internal resources for at the moment ...

As expressive as our animals are it would be sweet to see a team of them harnessed together, each with thier own personality via morphs and expressions.

I wonder ... does something like LAMH work for clothing? Like for the fur trim on a red suit?

To my limited knowledge there are already at least two sleigh/harness combos out there (though not sure if for Pp4 or Mil1 horse). Short of creating one from scratch with the limited of working creative resources we have here, perhaps someone in the know could say create fit morphs for existing ones out there working out a deal with the creators and offer them for whatever is developed in the meantime for either Harry/Kirin or Deer to be developed?

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I was working on a sleigh and harness but had put it aside as I have yet to figure out how to rig, morph, conform etc. If some one wanted to handle that side of things I could possibly be persuaded to finish it up :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yep, VB did it in a recent render but I can't remember what thread it was in (but it was really sweet!)

We have the harness for the Gypsy wagon, I wonder how hard it would be to add the reindeer morph to it?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yes, indeed. If you can get LAMH to work, you can put fur on just about anything. Littlefox had an outfit for one of the Genesis Vickies at RDNA shortly before the merger that had LAMH fur. (Ah phdubrov had the proper info up above. It was indeed Snow Angel)
You can also do things like turn the fur green and use it for grass. I think you can use the plugin for other forms of instancing as well. At least it claims to be doable in the manual, and shows a sphere covered with flowers.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
I used it to add the roses to my Kentucky Derby winner's wreath that I posted somewhere a while back, so yes, you can use it to instance other geometry as well. It is just highly demanding on memory unless you are rendering in 3Delight.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE

Mec4D has done at least 1 santa suit with nice drapes and she used fibermesh for the fur trims, for Genesis 1.
Also the Daz G3M santa suits isn't too bad for folds and again the fur trims are I belief fibermesh