• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Poser folks have NEVER been patient. We can't seem to get what we wants fast enough no matter how many techs and creators are on the production end. Me? I wants the bull and a wolf and I be happy

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I really think he would look cute with some toony type expressions as well as the typical bulldog lolling tongue morph!

Teufelhunden – Devil Dogs

Last edited:

roni190

New-Bee
Pushing 18 months and still no breed morphs released.

Taking ones time to get things right is one thing, but expecting people to continue to shell out money for products that won't get support for a year and a half is bad for business.

WillowRaven

Enthusiast
I know how he feels, though. I had to buy a dog from another store to create the breed I need for a job. I would have preferred to buy what I needed here but couldn't wait any longer.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Hmm lets see............ Jack Russel Terrier might be an option for a morph. I will have to take a look at things once I get the Grimalkin Morphs done for the cat. ............. I haven't fiddled with the dog much as I'm waiting for the bulldog, but shrug. It needs to be looked into. I can try and see what I can get from the base figure as far as breeds go, but if HW already has it planned I don't want to steal their thunder on it.

The biggest issue on the terrier breeds is the shorter tail... I can scale it ...................... but it doesn't play nice with the poses also one of the reasons I haven't done a lynx or bobcat version of the housecat.

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I know its not ideal but with the extra dog coats in store and some dial-spinning you can get close to other breeds that are similar shape to the Lab. I would think most of the gun dog shapes would be reasonably easy.

I've done a passable Border Collie with the long LAMH setting and a passable Rotty.

Cujo.jpg

CNorth

Enthusiast
Hmm lets see............ Jack Russel Terrier might be an option for a morph. I will have to take a look at things once I get the Grimalkin Morphs done for the cat. ............. I haven't fiddled with the dog much as I'm waiting for the bulldog, but shrug. It needs to be looked into. I can try and see what I can get from the base figure as far as breeds go, but if HW already has it planned I don't want to steal their thunder on it.

The biggest issue on the terrier breeds is the shorter tail... I can scale it ...................... but it doesn't play nice with the poses also one of the reasons I haven't done a lynx or bobcat version of the housecat.
OK, now I am excited beyond words!!! Fingers crossed for a Jack (and please make it for Poser :D). As for the tail, both mine have longish tails, but I can certainly live with having to adjust manually if so needed :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yeah, folks, I can get a lot of morphing done for different breeds, and I have. I'm sitting on a whooooole bunch of dog breeds and many other various animal shapes. Just waiting for rigging and some maps too. Look across the various Show Me The Honey threads and you'll see a bunch of animals waiting to be completed.

Right now Paul and I are spending the bulk of our time on Dawn 2. Paul has decided it's necessary to completely re-rig Dawn 2, and what he's doing is quite amazing in my view. We hope that we can get Dawn 2 into beta testers hands before too long, once we have a solid first pass on Paul's rigging. When that is done we'll also include whatever morphs I have done at that time.

If any other folks with some serious rigging experience in Poser and Studio would like to come forward to help us get some of these many animals to market that would be amazing and very welcome. I don't have a clue how to rig in either program or I'd be doing it also. It seems to be super complex to me, especially for both programs. Until then... we wait for Paul to get to projects, and we're trying to focus him on what is gong to be the best return for his efforts considering the time involved, and the projects on the many burners.

For those of you that are frustrated by our inability and timing to get products out, please know that we're doing what we can with our small and focused team. Our intent is not to lead people on and show them animal morphs and get them excited about what wil add value to an animal base with no plans to get them done and to market. Everything that I put effort into, and every animal shape I show is meant to be a final product. I love creating morphs and such, and I have a blast doing them, but I don't just do them for the fun of it. They are all intended to be HiveWire products. It's just the timing for that finished product has so many variables to it beyond my control, and rigging is the biggest bottleneck we have. So again, if someone out there in this Poser/Studio universe wants to jump in and share the load without having to get up to speed, then please jump in with us. Otherwise we wait, and wait, and wait some more still. I don't know what else to tell you.

Back with some of these many dog breeds that we were showing off much earlier, I was really hopeful that we could have gotten several of them to market long ago. But we had to focus Paul on other projects, and some of those were re-rigging, and packaging up other CA products due to a scaling problem we had with our initial Big Dog release. I had the wrong scale on our first Dog and it didn't get noticed until after our release. Paul had to go back in and fix a lot of stuff on our dog and update it and also update many other products from CAs for our Dog. He also has spent much time on the Newborn Puppies by Sparky which has not seen the light of day yet, because we pulled him off of that project for our Mule Deer products, and for Dawn 2. (Side note here, I believe Sparky is not back with us doing projects because in order to do them right and work well for both programs it takes much time on Paul's part, and understandably time that I believe was too much for Sparky to wait for, which is unfortunate because she is very talented and capable. This is also why our Asian Elephant has not been released. It will take time from Paul to make certain that it is working properly for the customer.

Finally I would add that we hope you have enjoyed the products we do release, and that you're more than satisfied with our quality. We will continue to do all we can when we can. Our aim is to stay in business for a long time and create those products that we enjoy and add value for this community. We love your input and we take it to heart and incorporate what we see that will add value.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
How long does it take to rig a figure like Dawn? From start to finish?

317 hours.

That's my thought.

But I don't rig, and really the answer is that it takes what it takes. Paul is rigging for both programs also, plus trying to break new ground, and strive to surpass what is available with other competing products. It would be interesting to see what it will take though. I'm confident that when we have her done we'll have a pretty good estimate on the time involved. Also, it's not just the time it takes, but the expert time from Paul, as he has a lot of experience with this work.