• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
There are 4 varieties of Belgian Sheepdogs, they are mainly separated by coat type, the Malinois is short-haired, the Groenendael is long-black-haired (Chilli's dad was a Groen), the Tervuren which is long-haired and the Laekenois which is a wire-coated.

1600718407887.png

The Malinois and Dutch Shepherds look almost like each other except Dutchies only come in brindle colours, while there is similarities to the German Shepherd, you can see the difference when you know what to look for. People often think the Belgian is a skinny German or GSD crossed with something else because they don't know about the Belgian (they also say that temperament wise Malinois are like GSD on crack).

1600718869106.png

jonrea

Eager
Contributing Artist
I never understood why the kennel club didnt accept White Shepherds here are my two Qanuk who weighed 56kg , Ghost 41kg and Shadow my Black and tan 46kg who sadly passed earlier this year .

130_6881993273_3724_n.jpg
file_2378395.jpg

P.S I named him Ghost before I read Game of Thrones he will be 9 in December lol.

Jon

Attachments

• 130_6881993273_3724_n.jpg
    130_6881993273_3724_n.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 5

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Back when they didn't know genetics like they do now, they thought the whites were Albinos (which of course they're not) and Albinos have health issues so they didn't allow them (most were killed at birth :() But the original creator of the GSD said they didn't come in any bad colours.

Your pups are lovely. I've never seen whites that weren't pure white before.

Chilli's girlfriend Ghost is a white GSD, he's only about an Inch and a bit smaller at the shoulder than her but she's nearly twice as long as him lol I know she's in the 40kg mark but I don't know where she sits (prob at middle/top end) and Chilli's only around 28kg (he's not overweight just a little chubby hahaha he's not as fit as he used to be)