• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
This will eventually be based on a Labrador Retriever. Closer to the Show type rather than the field type dog. I'm going to morph this as far as a can from the Big Cat before I have to alter geometry for genitals, and any other detail I just can't achieve. I'll have to add adjustments to inner mouth and add more teeth. But wouldn't it be cool if one could interchange maps from the dog, Big Cat and House cat? I'll do my best to not have to add geometry. We'll see how it all goes. This is very, very early work at this point. Spending most of today gathering reference material and morphing what you see here to this point.

Much more to go before it resembles a Lab. But the head is closer to the dog now than the Big Cat.

LabWork1.JPG
LabWork2.JPG
LabWork3.JPG

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
PUPPY!!!!!

And yes, that would be awesome to swap maps!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Oh I'm so glad you are starting on this. I love cats, but I feel like the characters in my renders need dogs. Love the two ear styles so far.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
With no research just what I’ve heard on the street.. the oldest species of dog is the mastiff.. I see your working on a lab

I just happened to have a mastiff lab mix that I can take many reference pictures for you if you want them. Also just happened to have a pit beagle mix too.

I’m cool if your not interested, just thought since I had easy access to these animals I would offer. They are both trained and can stay in a pose standing on all fours and let me take good photos from all angles, sides – top of backs and roll over and let me photograph their bellies.

I hope you pull this off as a morph going from the big cat to a dog, if so the in-between area could help create a hyena.. and I’m over excited about having access to a hyena that I’ll be photographing this weekend.. you can have those photos too if you want them, but I don’t think it is trained very well so I’ll get what I get when I photograph it.

Wow, you are really on a roll with the domestic pets, Chris! I definitely want to see a pibble morph; they're my FAVORITE K9s and need some pawsitive PR. I can't wait to see how this progresses!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh my goodness, that's looking good for just the start. Nice going Chris. ;)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yay! Puppy!

I've lived with dogs in the past, but living in an apartment (and being a hermit), I'm probably not the best companion to a dog anymore.

Of course, living in an apartment doesn't stop others. We have some pretty big dogs living in our building!

Darryl

Adventurous
With no research just what I’ve heard on the street.. the oldest species of dog is the mastiff.. I see your working on a lab

I just happened to have a mastiff lab mix that I can take many reference pictures for you if you want them. Also just happened to have a pit beagle mix too.

I’m cool if your not interested, just thought since I had easy access to these animals I would offer. They are both trained and can stay in a pose standing on all fours and let me take good photos from all angles, sides – top of backs and roll over and let me photograph their bellies.

I hope you pull this off as a morph going from the big cat to a dog, if so the in-between area could help create a hyena.. and I’m over excited about having access to a hyena that I’ll be photographing this weekend.. you can have those photos too if you want them, but I don’t think it is trained very well so I’ll get what I get when I photograph it.

Oh yeah! A Hyena would be awesome. Those animals are incredible and I don't think one has ever been made for Poser.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I think we may have them for Studio (Or maybe AM just did something similar).

Of course there are Sparky's anthropomorphic ones...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Very cool! Don't forget that even if the maps aren't perfectly the same you can create alternate uvs in DS. I think they managed with Dyson to get them into poser but I'm not sure. It might be worth investigating.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Loving this, it would be cool if the dog could stay as a pure morph as that would open up the possibility's for some really cool hybrid fantasy critters but I can understand that you are limited to what the mesh can handle