RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, May 5, 2016.

1. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Welcome to the HiveWire forums azoohouse. :)

2. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

I wholeheartedly disagree.

To be honest Chris, I'm studying your mesh screen shots like a schoolbook.

Chris likes this.
  3. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

Fine tuning and tweaking details. More to do on paws, re-shape and place the claws, and more on the face around the brow area. I also need to morph around the teeth and gums and add in a bunch of teeth. They have a lot more then the cat has. Trying to figure out if I want to add the added teeth as part of the Big Cat and House Cat too, and just morph them under the gum line. Then they can morph out and fill the proper space for the dogs. This way the Dog can morph with the cat shapes too.

LabWork33.JPG LabWork34.JPG LabWork35.JPG LabWork36.JPG LabWork37.JPG LabWork38.JPG

Pendraia, Lorraine and Rae134 like this.
  4. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

A kittypup, or would that be a puppycat?

Rae134 likes this.
  5. Art_of_Mind

Art_of_Mind Engaged Contributing Artist

if the father is a dog it is called a dat
    if the father is a cat it is called a cog

Lorraine likes this.
  6. Alisa

7. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

either would go with my Kitty Ponies :p

8. Chris

More on the face tonight. Now back to my skeleton work for Dusk for the evening.

LabWork39.JPG LabWork40.JPG LabWork41.JPG LabWork42.JPG

9. Alisa

Awww, he looks wonderful - want to reach out and pet him!

Chris likes this.
  10. Miss B

Better watch he doesn't bite ya Alisa. :D

Seriously Chris, he's looking great. ;)

Chris likes this.
  11. Tempesta3d

Tempesta3d Crazy Cat Lady Contributing Artist

Fenomenal, another exciting news after the gorgeous cat! You are a genius Chris!

Chris likes this.
  12. Miss B

:lol:

13. Chris

We're trying our best Tempesta. Thanks so much for your supportive words and encouragement. Genius? Not by a long shot, but I do love modeling and creating challenging morph shapes.

Maybe I can keep you in my shirt pocket for the many times each day that I doubt myself and abilities.

14. Alisa

Dang, Chris...

You should keep all of us in your shirt pocket..though you would need a REALLY big pocket :)

Pendraia likes this.
  15. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

As you all know I am not a modeler and hate that, would love to contribute actual work here instead if ideas but I had such an idea so please forgive the question but just curious.
    Why can't the long haired shaggy dogs like the Pom or Afghan or Sheep Dog or even the long curly hair Irish Wolf Hounds and the like get hair made the same way that long conforming hair is made for human figures? I see the untextured hair for humans as shaped planes with morphs added for shaping, lengthening and moving layered and textured/transmapped for more realism. They are either conforming hair or .Hr2 props. Would it be difficult to create such hair props for the different breeds?

I saw a set of massively long curly looking body hair created for M4 at DAZ that was added to the M4 Body suit that mad the hair on the figure look real relief and shadows gave that illusion. Couldn't a super conforming well textured/transmapped/and telief mapped "bodysuit" like add-on be created for each breed to add more realistic looking fur?

Also I see animals like those created by DinoRaul or animals like the DAZ War Hound that has strand hair in certain places. Can't such strands be created to work in conjunction with with long hanging strands like beards but added to certain body parts as smart props in conjunction with conforming hair add-ons? Using several clever accessorized add-ons for the fur could be an easier waty to go instead of creating real Fur for each (for dunderheds like me that is that have no clue how to use the hair room or cloth room in Poser.

16. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

......And don't forget puppies from blind mewling birth size and texture to older rambunctious little mutts that nip mummy and crawl over one another playfully. Of course if the pups are created mommy will need a way to feed them. Been frustrating for me, one who is unable to model or wrap my old head around creating puppy morphs and nipple morphs for mum for several render ideas I have had throughout the years having instead to compromise the original idea for a crappy compromise. Would be so cool seeing those options built into these creatures.

17. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

As brilliant as you have shown us with Dawn, Dusk, Baby Luna, HiveWire Horse and Breeds, Gorilla, Fallen Tree, the Gazebo, and all the clothing and everything else that escapes my mind ... how can you ever doubt yourself or your abilities.

I am ever so picky about the figures I use, though I can't pick a figure apart the way some people do (and we all know some people do so for not so nice reasons). But I most certainly can tell when a figure gives me all kinds of grief or requires a lot of effort to fix ugly bending or when I have to struggle to give birth to the people or creatures in my head.

And that is so not what you have given us!

On top of that, you are one of the most supportive people I know.

You took a huge chance on us with Dawn and HiveWire. I don't know if HiveWire has met your expectations, but it has more than met mine. I don't feel ignored or marginalized anymore. Instead I feel like my opinions and feedback not just matters but are desired.

I'm sure a lot of us would love to sit in your pocket. Not just to remind you that you are fabulously talented. But gosh, the things we could learn as a mouse in your pocket.

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Pendraia like this.
  18. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Chris, how can you ever doubt yourself and abilities? You have all of us here as your Cheer Squad. :applause:
    :doesnotsuck:

19. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

No, then I can't see what he's doing from inside his shirt pocket.o_O

20. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

His pockets have Windows!