• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Fine tuning and tweaking details. More to do on paws, re-shape and place the claws, and more on the face around the brow area. I also need to morph around the teeth and gums and add in a bunch of teeth. They have a lot more then the cat has. Trying to figure out if I want to add the added teeth as part of the Big Cat and House Cat too, and just morph them under the gum line. Then they can morph out and fill the proper space for the dogs. This way the Dog can morph with the cat shapes too.

LabWork33.JPG
LabWork34.JPG
LabWork35.JPG
LabWork36.JPG
LabWork37.JPG
LabWork38.JPG

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Awww, he looks wonderful - want to reach out and pet him!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Fenomenal, another exciting news after the gorgeous cat! You are a genius Chris!

We're trying our best Tempesta. Thanks so much for your supportive words and encouragement. Genius? Not by a long shot, but I do love modeling and creating challenging morph shapes.

Maybe I can keep you in my shirt pocket for the many times each day that I doubt myself and abilities.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Dang, Chris...

You should keep all of us in your shirt pocket..though you would need a REALLY big pocket :)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Good to see the excitement for this dog and other breeds.

So here's my thought. The Horse base can cover much of the ungulates, or hoofed animals. Not all (like the rhino, giraffe, camel and hippo, although I would love to take a crack at the giraffe with this mesh), but many of them. I've proven we can get the bull, cow, deer, sheep as the next tier of content created from the Harry base. So this is good.

The Asian elephant I modeled will sustain us thru the African elephant and Woolly Mammoth too.

My next hope is that the Big Cat/Kitty base can handle all or most of the cats from Leopard up to Lion, Tiger and down to the House cat. But I think we can also get most of the dogs from this base too. From this Labrador I can see us creating a wolf for sure, Great Dane, Boxer, and many other breeds for sure. I'd like to create bulldogs, terriors and for sure the little Chihuahua!!! If we can get a cub and house cat from this mesh we can create a more than adequate Chihuahua. I agree that the tiny dogs need to be represented and I believe this mesh will support them. The short hair versions we can get and we'd need help from Tiny and others to get the fur needed. Alessandro has told me that he'd create fur for Studio with LAMH with our Leopard once it's rigged and ready to hand off. I believe others might want to try their hand at creating fur also.

As you all know I am not a modeler and hate that, would love to contribute actual work here instead if ideas but I had such an idea so please forgive the question but just curious.
Why can't the long haired shaggy dogs like the Pom or Afghan or Sheep Dog or even the long curly hair Irish Wolf Hounds and the like get hair made the same way that long conforming hair is made for human figures? I see the untextured hair for humans as shaped planes with morphs added for shaping, lengthening and moving layered and textured/transmapped for more realism. They are either conforming hair or .Hr2 props. Would it be difficult to create such hair props for the different breeds?

I saw a set of massively long curly looking body hair created for M4 at DAZ that was added to the M4 Body suit that mad the hair on the figure look real relief and shadows gave that illusion. Couldn't a super conforming well textured/transmapped/and telief mapped "bodysuit" like add-on be created for each breed to add more realistic looking fur?

Also I see animals like those created by DinoRaul or animals like the DAZ War Hound that has strand hair in certain places. Can't such strands be created to work in conjunction with with long hanging strands like beards but added to certain body parts as smart props in conjunction with conforming hair add-ons? Using several clever accessorized add-ons for the fur could be an easier waty to go instead of creating real Fur for each (for dunderheds like me that is that have no clue how to use the hair room or cloth room in Poser.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I vote for more animals too, Chris! I've been watching the dogs progress, even when I don't have time to comment. :) And WOW! It is looking fab!!!

......And don't forget puppies from blind mewling birth size and texture to older rambunctious little mutts that nip mummy and crawl over one another playfully. Of course if the pups are created mommy will need a way to feed them. Been frustrating for me, one who is unable to model or wrap my old head around creating puppy morphs and nipple morphs for mum for several render ideas I have had throughout the years having instead to compromise the original idea for a crappy compromise. Would be so cool seeing those options built into these creatures.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
As brilliant as you have shown us with Dawn, Dusk, Baby Luna, HiveWire Horse and Breeds, Gorilla, Fallen Tree, the Gazebo, and all the clothing and everything else that escapes my mind ... how can you ever doubt yourself or your abilities.

I am ever so picky about the figures I use, though I can't pick a figure apart the way some people do (and we all know some people do so for not so nice reasons). But I most certainly can tell when a figure gives me all kinds of grief or requires a lot of effort to fix ugly bending or when I have to struggle to give birth to the people or creatures in my head.

And that is so not what you have given us!

On top of that, you are one of the most supportive people I know.

You took a huge chance on us with Dawn and HiveWire. I don't know if HiveWire has met your expectations, but it has more than met mine. I don't feel ignored or marginalized anymore. Instead I feel like my opinions and feedback not just matters but are desired.

I'm sure a lot of us would love to sit in your pocket. Not just to remind you that you are fabulously talented. But gosh, the things we could learn as a mouse in your pocket.

Maybe I can keep you in my shirt pocket for the many times each day that I doubt myself and abilities.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Chris, how can you ever doubt yourself and abilities? You have all of us here as your Cheer Squad. :applause:
:doesnotsuck: