• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Looks great Chris. One of the issues I had with the DAZ Mil Dog were the paws were so boxy looking so hopefully your mods to the cats paws will be JUST ENOUGH to look like a canine without going that route. I know some dogs have huge paws and they look thick but they still look pliable and soft. That wasn't the case with the Mil Dog and that alone (it was way before I learning how to model or I would have created my own mods to them) kept me from using that figure...

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The feet were usually the sore point on the DAZ animals. The rest of the modeling was fairly convincing to very convincing, but the feet were always clumsy, and never looked like "real" feet.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
More work from today on the front end. Still not there but getting closer.

LabWork22.JPG

LabWork23.JPG
LabWork24.JPG

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I like him too, can't wait for the feet to be done. (I don't know what the USA Show Labs look like but he looks a bit jowly to me)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
More work from today on the front end. Still not there but getting closer.

Looks great. And I know we are a long way off from rigging and posing and the like, but that comment made me really want a 'chasing my tail' pose for this guy when he is rigged.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Today's work. Getting closer. Been hearing some complaints that I'm putting too much time and attention to animals. Trying to do what I can at least. Still doing work on Sora for Dawn, so that's good. Others are creating for Dusk, Dawn and Pen's recent Diva should help I would think.

Anyway, here is today.

LabWork25.JPG
LabWork26.JPG
LabWork27.JPG
LabWork28.JPG
LabWork29.JPG
LabWork30.JPG
LabWork31.JPG
LabWork32.JPG

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Well, as much as I'm looking forward to Sora, and I can think of lots of people updates I might like, there aren't that many good animals out there (unless we're talking birds of course ;)). I say work on the animals.

On that note, I'm not sure how much you've done yet on the back end of the dog, but most of the dogs I've had have had pretty round back thighs. I tried to find a graceful picture of my parents dog to illustrate this, instead I found a less than graceful picture of a friends service dog. Admittedly she's in kind of an extreme pose (well, not for her) but you can see the curves on her back legs. And although she's clearly not a show dog, she is a pure breed golden retriever.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Looking great, Chris!

I tried to find a graceful picture of my parents dog to illustrate this, instead I found a less than graceful picture of a friends service dog. Admittedly she's in kind of an extreme pose (well, not for her) but you can see the curves on her back legs. And although she's clearly not a show dog, she is a pure breed golden retriever.
'
Awwww!! I wanna rub her belly...She's BEGGING for that!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
It's impossible not to spoil a golden retriever ;)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Damn Chris! That is one gorgeous and VERY realistic dog! Haven't had a chance to check this thread in quite a while and all I can say is WOW!

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
I vote for more animals too, Chris! I've been watching the dogs progress, even when I don't have time to comment. :) And WOW! It is looking fab!!!