• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Outstanding Chris, just outstanding! Going to be the best dog out there for sure! :) Love those paws!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks Satira! You just put a render image in my head I'm NOT going to be able to get rid of any time soon. :eek:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Cool. Thanks for the support her folks. Means a great deal. We're trying hard to do the best work and provide solid products will all we do.

Paul is cranking away on a killer rig this week for the Big Cat/House Cat/ Doggy/ Dragon. It's looking awesome!!!

Work I've been doing on the Dog teeth morph today. The Dog has 14 more teeth then the Big Cat does, so I added those extra teeth to the Big Cat base, and hid them underneath the gum line of the Cat. Then I've morphed them out for the Dog and morphed and extended the gums to work when the Dog morph is applied. The extra teeth will come in handy for the Dragon morph also.

LabWork46.JPG

Dog teeth morph

LabWork47.JPG

Big Cat teeth base.

LabWork48.JPG

Hidden Dog teeth under the gums of the Big Cat base.

LabWork49.JPG

Dog teeth morph.

LabWork50.JPG

Dog teeth.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Those teeth look great. And considering how quickly you go through modeling this stuff, I'm thinking Paul is excited not not half to rig each one individually, just like we're excited to make cat and dog dragons :balloon03:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
From teeth to testicles!! Where else would you say that? It just works right? It had to be said!

So we have a genitals full morph, and a neutered morph now for the doggy.

Which would you all prefer for the base dog, like Harry with the genitals on as male, or the base as female/ or no genitals? I'm thinking genitals off.

LabWork51.JPG
LabWork52.JPG
LabWork53.JPG

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think I agree with you on that point Chris. As long as the morph's there for those who want it, having them off by default works. Especially since they won't necessarily show in every pose or placement in a scene, you can use the morph off for most renders.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well they stand out like dogs...
:p

Its funny, I'm so used to seeing neutered dogs now it kinda looks strange when I see one intact :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I think I agree with you on that point Chris. As long as the morph's there for those who want it, having them off by default works. Especially since they won't necessarily show in every pose or placement in a scene, you can use the morph off for most renders.

I agree

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
Well, maybe it's just me. but seeing as the rest of this dog is looking so good. I feel it'd be a shame not to have anatomically correct genitals for it..both male and female. I know that we can't have folks exposed to male/female genitalia for Dawn and Dusk, but let's leave the animals complete ?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
i see no difference between the philosophy of neutering humans and or animals and not. the same option of including them in the figures' construction (which i obviously strongly agree with!) with a turn-off option for those who choose not to see "da-bits" is a great one in my book. it has always been so since poser 4 and first millenium figures and I just don't understand the notion of changing that. As much s i might agree to NOT show genitalia on certain family oriented sites if they are included in the construct it can be used more easily for those who have no qualms about doing so.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Agreed Carmen. I can kinda understand on humans, some young people play with 3D art and are used to Barbie and Ken, but all kids are used to seeing animals the way nature intended and it kinda looks funny when things are missing :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Isn't that the truth!

I can go either way on this Chris.

However, being female, I suppose I'd rather my animals were also female by default. For various reasons, I also prefer females as pets.

Well they stand out like dogs...
:p

Its funny, I'm so used to seeing neutered dogs now it kinda looks strange when I see one intact :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
From that angle I don't think it would need much tweaking for a Great Dane