• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Been working on JCMs for the newborn puppy so it can flop about like a tiny puppy does. ^.^

WIPjcms.png

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I am not bashing here but just curious and a bit disappointed...I finally got the dog and upon playing with it wondered two things:
1. is it a boy or girl dog? No bits on this puppy either way. How come? Nipples options too, for nursing her pups would have been nice too.
2. having been using the DAZ dogs I got used to not only the gender bits and options but more importantly Reverse Kinematics options which come in real handy in posing and/or creating poses for quadrapedes. Is it something to be included later perhaps?
I like the puppy Sparky. I got the dog and extra textures at Renderosity this weekend because it was a bit less expensive for me there but was disappointed the extra morphs weren't also there. Are they going to be eventually?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I am not bashing here but just curious and a bit disappointed...I finally got the dog and upon playing with it wondered two things:
1. is it a boy or girl dog? No bits on this puppy either way. How come? Nipples options too, for nursing her pups would have been nice too.
2. having been using the DAZ dogs I got used to not only the gender bits and options but more importantly Reverse Kinematics options which come in real handy in posing and/or creating poses for quadrapedes. Is it something to be included later perhaps?
I like the puppy Sparky. I got the dog and extra textures at Renderosity this weekend because it was a bit less expensive for me there but was disappointed the extra morphs weren't also there. Are they going to be eventually?

There are many morphs that would be nice for this Dog for sure. And more to come. But the Dog does come with genitals for the male, either a neutered appearance or not. The "gender bits" are part of this Big Dog base.

Sparky's newborn morph product is her own product that will require the Big Dog base, since it is a morph from our Dog. She also has a mini morph product that she has made available separately as well. Those might be the extra morphs you're referring to.

This dog that we've put a huge amount of effort into is a superior dog all the way around, and will only get better with continued support and add on products.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm kinda hoping Cliff will take a look at running the HW dog through True hair to get a collie. I will take a shot at it in the Hair room if I have to, but as Satira said, that would be rather time-consuming.

eclark1894

Visionary
I get a kick every time I see a photo of a puss and pup relaxing on the floor all cuddled up together. ;)
My cat and dog used to do that all the time. Only time there was a problem was if I was lying on the couch and the cat came over and lay down on my chest. Comet would get jealous, and want to lay down too, but he was WAYY to big to lay on my chest, so I had to get on the floor and lay down next to him.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
There are many morphs that would be nice for this Dog for sure. And more to come. But the Dog does come with genitals for the male, either a neutered appearance or not. The "gender bits" are part of this Big Dog base.

Sparky's newborn morph product is her own product that will require the Big Dog base, since it is a morph from our Dog. She also has a mini morph product that she has made available separately as well. Those might be the extra morphs you're referring to.

This dog that we've put a huge amount of effort into is a superior dog all the way around, and will only get better with continued support and add on products.

Sorry man don't be mad at me....I said I wasn't bashing.
I'm sorry Chris but I could not find the dials. could be a Peewee Herman playhouse thing which I have always had a problem with (so much on the playhouse walls to see you get overwhelmed and see nothing)......maybe missed it with all the different dials. I worked withe hip selected as well as with the body selected and failed to find a dial for the gender thingy! :)
Where do I find that dial?
It is superior. agree and I am sorry I did not mention it from the get go. I also said I wasn't bashing the product, But I can tell you I did a set up with the far inferior and looooong in the tooth MilDog morphed as a Lab and posed it according to an image i was trying to duplicate for comparisons and then did the same thing with the Big Dog and the MilDog took me almost half the time to pose. I know I am not the swiftest dog in the pack but I do eventually cross the line. Just saying. I got used to inverse kinematics and missed them in the Big Dog.
Would also love to see an easier posing function for the tail and the tongue. Again, not bashing I love this critter and will be working him hard out of my Runtime but some things would be great additions along the line. :)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Chris.

Sorry. Once again I am forced to open mouth and stick typing hands and feet DEEEEPLY inside. Found the dials and even found easier posing elements for the tail. Is there one for the tongue too? I better go back and look again huh!? So sorry!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Found the dials and even found easier posing elements for the tail. Is there one for the tongue too? I better go back and look again huh!? So sorry!

Here ya go:

All morphs are in the body of the figure (as with all our products).

So, select the Big Dog's body, and go to the Parameter tab of your chosen software :).
Go to Actor > 1_Head > 7_Mouth

You'll find the tongue morphs in there :)

Sparky's mini-morph add-on has an additional tongue morph

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
LOL
Thanks Alisa but I already found them. As well as a mouth full of foot and typing hands for speaking too soon. A damn habit I can't seem to correct. :(
I was disappointed Sparkys mini morph pak wasn't at renderosity along with the other stuff. was hoping to get it all together at the same time. I guess I can wait for the puppy stuff to come out.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
<snip for already addressed>

I'm glad you like the puppy. ^.^

Renderosity has a $5 minimum on product price, so to sell the Mini Morph Pack at Renderosity I would have to increase the price. We decided to leave the product here, rather than increase the price.