• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Scavgraphics

New-Bee
Look what you've made me do, eclark! Just flat colours for now, but I'll get 'round to texturing it later. ;-) I think the shape is coming along nicely, though. ^.^
View attachment 34662

Well, on the down side for me, one less product idea for Scavenger Graphics...on the plus side, for you...one more purchase...Can you use dForce on the beagle to make a basset?

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Well, on the down side for me, one less product idea for Scavenger Graphics...on the plus side, for you...one more purchase...Can you use dForce on the beagle to make a basset?

That's a good question! I am sure someone will try it out and we can see!

:welcome: to the :beehive: @Scavgraphics

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums Scavgraphics.

Looks like Alisa beat me to the welcome. ;)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I'm glad you like the puppy. ^.^

Renderosity has a $5 minimum on product price, so to sell the Mini Morph Pack at Renderosity I would have to increase the price. We decided to leave the product here, rather than increase the price.
ok cool. makes sense. Will the price still be the same when the puppy morphs releases?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Little confused.
I bought the big dog a few days ago and it sizes out fine when brought onto the set up stage. Do I still need to re-download it?
Also got the mini morphs. Thanks!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Don't know whether the update is out yet. If not, and you aren't using the dog with a human figure, there probably isn't a problem. It's only if you are using it with a human and want it closer to the usual size of a lab that it needs to be downsized.

It's good we caught this before there are hair presets available. Since I gather that scale makes a difference there.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Alisa has posted that the update is now available along with instructions on updating.

Delete the !Zero All files first as those files are now named !Restore instead of !Zero

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yes, the Big Dog has been updated and YES, I would definitely update it. Please be sure to read the ReadMe file for instructions on updating and for instructions if you plan to create morphs for the Big Dog.

Product Updates - Main Notification

This won't affect other Big Dog products you already have or get in the future. Just follow the ReadMe info and update - your dog will be the scaled size ;).

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
but i have it with a human figure slightly reduced n size to show younger age and it looks right. Does this affect the dog sold at renderosity or just the one sold here because I see nothing wrong with how it looks in fact it is about the same size as the MilDog1 I am setting the scene up with too. Is there also a download link set up at renderosity for this since i got it there?

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
but i have it with a human figure slightly reduced n size to show younger age and it looks right. Does this affect the dog sold at renderosity or just the one sold here because I see nothing wrong with how it looks in fact it is about the same size as the MilDog1 I am setting the scene up with too. Is there also a download link set up at renderosity for this since i got it there?

The original version of the dog is the size of a large labrador as opposed to an average-size labrador. It's not a big deal, but might as well update it to ensure mixed-figure pose sets and such things will work correctly going forward. ^.^

Jan

Adventurous
Sparky, What about your Mini Morph Pak - does that have to be updated also by you before we can use it with the updated big dog or is it fine as is. Thanks

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
@Jan

No other one has to be updated :)

This won't affect other Big Dog products you already have or get in the future. Just follow the ReadMe info and update - your dog will be the scaled size ;).