• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thought I'd post here to let folks know what breed morphs we have ready, or very close to being ready. Ready for next steps that is.

We have morphed or working on:

Wolf (still needs more work but is coming along)
Great Dane
German Shepherd (still more work to do)
Boxer
Whippet (just a bit more on this animal)
English Bulldog
Corgi (Still more work to refine)
Dachshund
Chihuahua
6 Week old Puppy

And I have an early start on a Pitbull (not ready for prime time yet). I also have an entirely different animal I've been musing over, and will probably try to morph it from this Big Cat base before too long.

Laurie Prindle has expressed interest in texture mapping the Whippet breed morph.

Sparky has expressed interest in texture mapping the Wolf and English Bulldog. I'm hoping she'll also do rigging adjustment work too, so Paul can stay on the Lion family rig adjusting. We'll see how it all shakes out.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
YAY! Besides the puppies, the top of my list would be the Whippet and Wolf then the GSD and English Bully (and of course the rest!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Yeah Jackrussel would be cool and of course pitbull and Irish Wolf Hound (love those big hunting dogs) and of course a Roman Mastiff with shrunk leather an bronze armor
and how about from the past and extinct a Bear Dog:

bear dog.jpg

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
sorry for my density, but how do i find the updates at renderosity i can't figure out where they might be posted?

The files have not yet been updated at Renderosity. When they are updated we will email all purchasers.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
How obvious was it that the dog was too big? While I used the 100% sized dog in my Gaia's Daughters scene with Dawn, I didn't notice he was bigger than he should have been. But then ... I'm not really a dog person, and I've never had a dog larger than a beagle. And ... I'm only 5'2. So I'd expect any "big" dog to be at least waist high ... if not taller. Like ... able to look me in the eye :D

Would QA even load Dusk or Dawn for testing an animal? I suspect I'd only load Dusk or Dawn with an animal if there were poses that included them. And ... all the poses I see are dog only.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmmm true, though just because they're both in the same scene, doesn't mean they're necessarily interacting with one another.

Then again, if there's some distance between the human (foreground) and the dog (background), then it definitely wouldn't be noticeable.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
It wasn't only QA that missed it the beta testers missed it as well, after all QA are not beta testers we are suppose to check that things work; personally I also didn't feel that it was too big, the Labradors around here must be bigger than average.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't see that many dogs myself, but we've had some pretty big dogs living here in the apartments. (They are definitely waist high to me!) Oddly, I haven't seen any of the big dogs lately. We must be on different schedules. But then too, I am only out Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

It may really have only been noticeable by loading the Big Cat and Big Dog together.

Still ... the HiveWire Dog is spectacular! And I am so looking forward to the breeds. I just don't know which one is going to be my favorite. They are all so cool.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
WELL I never noticed the size issues working with the DAZ MilDog Lab and human in the same scene and the Hivewire out of the box as I installed it was the same size as the MilDog Lab so no problem for me. If i do change it or upgrade it it is because so many here have suggested I do so....which I hate to go back into system to do......... :(

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I hope someone in QA checks the scale this time. :sneaky: (Yeah, I know I'm evil but it's more fun to play the villain.)

Yeah, it was clearly my fault for the scale issue. Ya know I work on many different projects, and juggle several at a time. I also may work on one like the Big Dog for a while, and then not get back to it for months due to efforts being put on another project. Then when I get back to the Dog for example it can be a challenge to lock in on where I left off, and what is next. All I can say is that this may be how I missed the whole scale issue. I first noticed some concern when I saw some images being posted with the Dog with Dawn, and the Dog with the House Cat. But it wasn't until I saw a post on my phone that Lyne made, that finally shook me to the realization that we may have a problem. First I thought back to see if I could recall scaling the Dog to Dawn or Dusk, and I couldn't recall doing so. So when I got back home and pulled in Dawn and the Dog together it was clear that an adjustment needed to be made.

Our Beta and QAV teams do a great work for us on all product that comes thru our system before publishing. Lisa and I are so very grateful for all these fine people do behind the scenes to make things happen. I don't blame any of our testers for missing a scale issue. I didn't ever expect it of them to check the Dog against other products. I should know better to get it right on my own at first. I expect better of myself and will continue to strive to provide a superior product for our audience.

A good thing to remember is that this isn't brain surgery, thank goodness. No lives were at risk. Bottom line is that our team meet and discussed what needed to be done, and made the necessary adjustment, and now... voila. Good as new.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Very minor! Since it wasn't noticeable to some of us ... a-tall a-tall!

I honestly don't know how you manage to switch between so many projects, Chris! When I have to switch projects at work, it takes forever to figure out where I left off, what I intended to do, and what I still need to complete when I'm able to get back.