• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Jan

Adventurous
Thanks, Jan! I haven't done much with the shape for the Dalmatian, yet, I just dove into the textures. I only used body bulk -1 and my muzzle delicate morph 1. For release, I would make a new morph to better reflect a dalmatian's shape. I was actually looking for resource photos of a more heavily spotted dalmatian to use, but I couldn't find enough of them to make a decent full body texture.

Sparky, I have taken lots of hi-Rez photos of my Dalmation if you want some, he has enough spots. I have reduced two of them for here. He is a tall Dalmation, you can see that in relation to my husband. Females would be smaller.

BenPortrait1.jpg
Col&Ben1.jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
See that is what I don't understand. Chris has gone to so damn much effort and great work to create a really believable lion mane why can't the same sort of thing be done for long hair dogs using the same kinda tech?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
if you look at the mouth and lips especially of this image, you see pink. In all the renders of the HW Dog I have not see pink on the lips.
It looks more realistic no!?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It would be a lot more work than a lion mane since the entire body would be involved. I created a fairly simple short hair for Dawn (Eton Crop Hair in Clarette Rose for Dawn) ... and each of those little hair panes were a pain to adjust. I absolutely cannot imagine anyone doing that all over a body, human or animal! It's really more a solution for small areas of hair like manes, fetlocks, tails, and tufts of hair.

I'd rather Chris work on the additional dog breeds, Pugsley (next?!? Yes?!?!?!?!), the man's bun hairstyle, and all the other projects (which are too numerous to remember!).

Cliff's True Hair (Poser) and LAMH Hair (DS) are a better solution for animal fur. True Hair will take a lot of the tediousness out of using poser hair for animal fur. Poser hair isn't all that difficult to do for fur in the meantime ... it's just time consuming.

See that is what I don't understand. Chris has gone to so damn much effort and great work to create a really believable lion mane why can't the same sort of thing be done for long hair dogs using the same kinda tech?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
It would be a lot more work than a lion mane since the entire body would be involved. I created a fairly simple short hair for Dawn (Eton Crop Hair in Clarette Rose for Dawn) ... and each of those little hair panes were a pain to adjust. I absolutely cannot imagine anyone doing that all over a body, human or animal! It's really more a solution for small areas of hair like manes, fetlocks, tails, and tufts of hair.

I'd rather Chris work on the additional dog breeds, Pugsley (next?!? Yes?!?!?!?!), the man's bun hairstyle, and all the other projects (which are too numerous to remember!).

Cliff's True Hair (Poser) and LAMH Hair (DS) are a better solution for animal fur. True Hair will take a lot of the tediousness out of using poser hair for animal fur. Poser hair isn't all that difficult to do for fur in the meantime ... it's just time consuming.
OK I AGREE!
Just a thought. I like the LAMH Hair but some of the animals need a thicker tangled more nappy style. Cn that also be done?

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist

Some dogs have pink skin around their mouth/nose area and some dogs have black or dark brown skin there. The Chocolate lab does have pinkish brown skin around the mouth, the black and yellow labs have dark skin there, because that's what the dogs in the resource photos have. ;-)

I have been working on a geometry fur solution on the wolf project. If it works well, that will be an option that will be available.

OK I AGREE!
Just a thought. I like the LAMH Hair but some of the animals need a thicker tangled more nappy style. Can that also be done?

LAMH is perfectly capable of doing rougher, longer fur.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
thanks for clarity on these items.
I should have looked better before posting the comment because had I done so I would have not sounded so damn stupid with the question! :(
What hair is going on the wolf and where?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder

I would sooo love for these other products to see the light of day. But it's beyond my modeling skills now. Needing rigging, and maps and imagery. Ugh.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I get a kick every time I see a photo of a puss and pup relaxing on the floor all cuddled up together. ;)