• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Funny enough, I just compared the size of Dawn and the Dog and...my sister's lab Lucy is at least that big. But then, we call her a bear. ^.^

Lucy.jpg

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
But they'll work if you scale up?

Well I do know for a fact that the LAMH preset will be "off". With the Dog scaled up, it will make the hair shorter. Scale the Dog down the hair gets longer. I actually did that intentionally with the HW Kitten and Saiyaness' Cat LAMH preset in my image "Daddy's Boots" as the hair was too long for the kitten.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Percentages and I never get along. I thought if you reduced something from 100% to 80% ... which is 20% ... you'd increase by that same amount. But ... 125% works for me!

Gotta do 125% to reverse the 80% scale.

eclark, it's possible more people would use the dog at the smaller size to match Dusk and Dawn.

Sparky, cool Dalmation! There are always bakeries for birthday cakes :wink:

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
LOL, Satira! I would probably go that route if I hadn't already sculpted Majora's Mask out of cake...just need to add the fondant, now. Hopefully I'll be in a more baker-y mood later on today.

Look what you've made me do, eclark! Just flat colours for now, but I'll get 'round to texturing it later. ;-) I think the shape is coming along nicely, though. ^.^

ZGrab01.jpg

Billie

Motivated
After buying this guy and playing with him along side the "other" product he really drives home just how badly he was needed. this was an upgrade of evil wicked stupid epic proportions! I tip my hat to the Hivewire team.
I do have one concern though, will the breeds be released as a breed pack or will we have to buy them individually? Im waiting on the bulldog, but the other morphs are inviting as well.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I would assume, from past experience, they'll be introduced individually, but HW does have the Value Stack option, which allows for a bigger discount if you purchase more than one at a time.

That said, of course, the Value Stack won't go into effect until there's a few breeds available in the store. I'm sure Alisa will correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Curses! You prey upon my completionist OCD! And I already have the resource photos for the Doberman...Curse you! :eek: LOL
well if you do a Dobie coat, you would save time on a Rottie one too since they have the same colouring LOL.

Ohhh you started on a Beagle! Yay! I had a show beagle growing up, a classic tri (white, tan and black saddle).

Jan

Adventurous
Sparky, I realy like your Dalmation coat, especially his ears for my Dalmation Ben has ears that are black with white splotches, but with heaps more spots on his body, especially his face.

Laughing- it would take a gazillion layers to make him, I thought of trying :lol: I saw Hai Ghan is thinking of working on more morphs for the dog's legs and paws. If so. these would not only be good for making a Dalmation, they have a different conformation than a Lab does. A slimmer tail is needed also.

The Beagle is looking good too. Looking forward to more breeds :flowers:

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Sparky, I realy like your Dalmation coat, especially his ears for my Dalmation Ben has ears that are black with white splotches, but with heaps more spots on his body, especially his face.

Laughing- it would take a gazillion layers to make him, I thought of trying :lol: I saw Hai Ghan is thinking of working on more morphs for the dog's legs and paws. If so. these would not only be good for making a Dalmation, they have a different conformation than a Lab does. A slimmer tail is needed also.

The Beagle is looking good too. Looking forward to more breeds :flowers:

Thanks, Jan! I haven't done much with the shape for the Dalmatian, yet, I just dove into the textures. I only used body bulk -1 and my muzzle delicate morph 1. For release, I would make a new morph to better reflect a dalmatian's shape. I was actually looking for resource photos of a more heavily spotted dalmatian to use, but I couldn't find enough of them to make a decent full body texture.

We need a good Pit Bull and Roman War Dog (mastiff) and most of all an Irish Wolf Hound who was horribly excluded from the DAZ dog set!

I had a pit bull named Max when I was a kid. He had been abandoned in a quarry where we found him starving and full of parasites. We brought him home, cleaned him up, and he was the best-natured guy ever! I always figured he was abandoned because he was too nice to be an effective guard and/or fighting dog. It always made me a little sad when people seemed to be afraid of him when I'd walk him down the street.

Irish wolfhound was always my mom's favorite dog breed, narrowly edging out mastiff, LOL.

Reactions: Jan

Billie

Motivated
I would assume, from past experience, they'll be introduced individually, but HW does have the Value Stack option, which allows for a bigger discount if you purchase more than one at a time.

That said, of course, the Value Stack won't go into effect until there's a few breeds available in the store. I'm sure Alisa will correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

Value stack would be the ticket then, while any breed additions would be nice, it would be cool to see some that have not yet been done by the other site. the St Bernard the bulldog would be an easy base for a Dogue de Bordeaux. cocker spaniels would definitely get alot of render time. maybe an elegant grey hound. Pit bull as previously suggested, or maybe a bull terrier would be even better?

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
I *suspect* we'll be seeing the short-coated breeds first..seeing the hairier ones will need LAMH or something to look more realistic.. And if they need LAMH, that practically makes then DAZ Studio-compatible only... :(