• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

xyer0

Brilliant
Thanks for getting the dog out, you guys.
But why is he cheaper at Renderosity than he is here?! (If I use the maximum points, he's 59 cents cheaper here, but if I use my Prime member 20% off coupon, he's $16.76 there). I'm buying from here either way, but as an honorary member of the hive, that doesn't make sense to me. Please see if you can remedy this without offending anyone.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I want a Pomeranian for the HiveWire dog! I also want a dog I forgot what it is called but looks like a hot dog. I think their name starts with a d.
Dachshund. I know the chihuahua is on the way, and the Pomeranian only looks a little different once the fur is on. (Yes, there are several differences, but they are small differences.)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I want a Pomeranian for the HiveWire dog! I also want a dog I forgot what it is called but looks like a hot dog. I think their name starts with a d.

This one?

LabWork261.JPG

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@Chris uh....has anyone brought the default dog into the scene and put him next to dawn!?!? I just did and uh...are Labs THAT large? He seems more the size of the big cat... ? I'll have to google labs and relative size to humans to find out...but someone may want to test this out? I used Dawn SE 'out of the box'...did NOT make her smaller nor make the new dog larger... Thanks. (still love him OF COURSE!)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Acto Google, a standard lab is 22-24 inches in height. So if Dawn is standard professional model height (around 5'10") he'd stand somewhere around low thigh height. Below fingertip, anyway.

I suspect that they probably did start from the Big Cat base and left the overall size unchanged. Scaling is our friend. (It's nowhere near as bizarre as the MilCat, who comes in as big as a cougar.)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Labs are a resonably big dog Lyne

Edited to add render. Here he is with Dawn. I did make the dog a little more refined than a Lab to make it look more like a Dalmatian (and he's prob a bit too big for a Dal) but it looks ok to me (maybe on the tall side for most Lab but I have seen boys this tall).

Last edited:

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
That photo is accurate as to the size of my Lab. We will check our files and make sure we did our scaling as we intended. if not, we will correct it and issue an update.

Thanks folks!

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks for getting the dog out, you guys.
But why is he cheaper at Renderosity than he is here?! (If I use the maximum points, he's 59 cents cheaper here, but if I use my Prime member 20% off coupon, he's $16.76 there). I'm buying from here either way, but as an honorary member of the hive, that doesn't make sense to me. Please see if you can remedy this without offending anyone.

We do allow coupons to be used on our products at Renderosity however, we have found that not many people seem to use them. There are going to be some people that get a better deal. Where ever you choose to shop, the most important thing to us is that you are satisfied with your purchases. Of course, we love to see what you do with them as well!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Funny that you say that Lisa, as more often than not, I use my coupons, though not on HW products, as I purchase those here. I like the Renderosity coupons when I can find something in my Wishlist I can use them on. ;)

Shoxremi

New-Bee
I signed up for these forums just to express my gratitude for a brand new dog. Considering years of pleas for an updated dog figure have fallen on deaf ears elsewhere, this is a huge treat and totally worth the wait and then some. The added prospects of being able to morph it into other dogs besides the same old lab/rottweiler/German shepherd/goldie breeds is really exciting... is there perhaps a pug morph somewhere in the pipeline? :>

(Disclaimer: I am a huge dog lover, and I love the aforementioned breeds, too. I'm more of a smol dog person, though. Hehe)

Anyhow, congrats on the new release! Hope the dog catches on with the community at large.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I signed up for these forums just to express my gratitude for a brand new dog. Considering years of pleas for an updated dog figure have fallen on deaf ears elsewhere, this is a huge treat and totally worth the wait and then some. The added prospects of being able to morph it into other dogs besides the same old lab/rottweiler/German shepherd/goldie breeds is really exciting... is there perhaps a pug morph somewhere in the pipeline? :>

(Disclaimer: I am a huge dog lover, and I love the aforementioned breeds, too. I'm more of a smol dog person, though. Hehe)

Anyhow, congrats on the new release! Hope the dog catches on with the community at large.

Shoxremi. Thank you for your comments. Much appreciated. Thank you for taking the effort to sign up and post. Awesome to have you here. We do not currently have a Pug morph on the short list of breeds. But we can certainly add it on. If you've read much of this thread, many have chimed in with breed ideas. I'll have to comb back thru to find lowest common denominators.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums Shoxremi, and I'm glad to see you like our Big Dog. ;)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Welcome to the Hive, Shoxremi, and anyone else who's new :)