• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire 3D Store Officially Closing at the end of Jan 4th (Midnight US Mountain time)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hiya,

If you can figure out iRAY you will have an easier time figuring our Superfly (from my own findings) also instead of using the Poser root node use the Physical Surface root node as it's very similar to iRAY! There are 3Delight to iRAY converters out there so converting to iRAY should be fairly easy if you can find on you like, I think their are free versions over at the Freebie section at the DAZ 3D forums, not sure if you have an account there though!

I asked over at the freebie forums for you. I'll let you know if someone has a helper to convert from 3Delight to iRAY!

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The physical surface root is much like the poser surface root, so it isn't too hard to figure out, and it does many things for you automatically. Just pay attention to the little talk bubble in the upper right hand corner, look at what errors come up when it lights up, and watch the dashed lines.

darkangel

We will be more than happy to house your goodies sweety.

The move is getting better now that the FTP is finally working. nearly done moving files, still need the rest of the arric moved and the 2 pfd sites...hopefully we don't lose any files from pfdlives.

Right now the sites will show a white page due to no databases uploaded yet...I will do them once all the files are done. Then things will go back t semi-normal.....not norma cause after all we are an asylum at the Attic...LOL So hang in there a little more.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sorry you are having to close up shop, will look for you all at Rendro and other places.
Say is anyone else running into a problem getting the the HW store here?
I keep getting this everytime I try:

This site can’t be reached​

hivewire3d.com took too long to respond.

Try:
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
I was having that problem earlier trying to download things. I think we're overloading the poor thing.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm not getting there either, and you're probably right about too many folks downloading their purchases at the same time.

Edited to Add: OK, I reached the store, but it's taking a long time, so probably going to be that way for a while with folks making sure they have all their purchases downloaded.

Edited to Add 2: OK, it timed out when I tried to get into my account, so it's going to be slow going, that's for sure.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Say is anyone else running into a problem getting the the HW store here?
I keep getting this everytime I try:

This site can’t be reached​

hivewire3d.com took too long to respond.
That looks like a server overload to me. It's probably from high traffic volume and bandwidth usage by people backing up their purchased product libraries.

I'm suddenly very appreciative of my nocturnal schedule... LOL!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I the interest of not de-railing this thread too much, I'll try to keep this brief. I don't want you all to think I'm ignoring you.

Anything further, I'll quote and tag into a separate thread, though. I don't want to drag this one too far off-topic.

Thanks for letting us know Seliah, and I do look forward to see what store(s) you do move your products to. :)
Welcome, Miss B. I thought about putting it in my product announcement thread to avoid getting too far off-topic on this one, but I wanted folks to see it. Anything further, I'll post to my announcement thread.

Hiya,

If you can figure out iRAY you will have an easier time figuring our Superfly (from my own findings) also instead of using the Poser root node use the Physical Surface root node as it's very similar to iRAY! There are 3Delight to iRAY converters out there so converting to iRAY should be fairly easy if you can find on you like, I think their are free versions over at the Freebie section at the DAZ 3D forums, not sure if you have an account there though!

I asked over at the freebie forums for you. I'll let you know if someone has a helper to convert from 3Delight to iRAY!
Thanks, Wolff! I did try some freebie ones a while ago, but they didn't do a good job with the mid-to-dark skintones that I'm usually working with. I'm looking at picking up JM's utility, though, as it seems to do a decent job with those skintones. I'm doing my best to learn Iray as we speak, and that usually happens for me by reverse engineering things.

The physical surface root is much like the poser surface root, so it isn't too hard to figure out, and it does many things for you automatically. Just pay attention to the little talk bubble in the upper right hand corner, look at what errors come up when it lights up, and watch the dashed lines.
Ok, noted, and I will remember that. Thanks! :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Still no joy trying to load the shop ...

I have just tried and the attempt times out. I downloaded all my purchase a few weeks ago but I was just being cautious at the time but I think the need to do so has become a lot more widespread since then and I suspect they are overloaded.

Aelin

Eager
I already took all from my list in the day and days following the annoucement. Like that, it will be one less people with the others to download all ;) But with holidays coming, I'm afraid the server has more requests in the same time. Good luck to manage the high way traffic on that time.

Kerya

Brilliant
Well ... now it's not a timeout, now it's "Secure connection failed" ... at least something is changing. LOL

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hmmm I got in fine but yeah it was slow. I already did my downloading last week.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I finally got in, but yes it was very slow. I have to start checking what I have already downloaded and on my external hard drive for backup, as I have a feeling it's going to take me quite a while to get it all done. :(

Riccardo

Adventurous
I always try to keep copies of anything I buy anyway. Been burnt before by that move. Lesson learned.
Same here: I'll check again but I think I already have the backup copies of all the stuff I bought. I have not been burnt before but I try to avoid that experience as far as I can

SafetyGuy

New-Bee
Greetings! I'm sorry that the store is closing. I know alot of people enjoyed the ride. I retired earlier this year and was looking forward to taking another crack at rendering and then 2020 unloaded on us. I've only been an occasional visitor here so sorry I didn't contribute more to sales!
When I try to download the following products:

Mini Morphs - Hero (DAZ Studio)
Mini Morphs - Dwarf (DAZ Studio)
Mini Morphs - SuperHulk (DAZ Studio)
Mini Morphs - Muscle (DAZ Studio)

Dawn's Combat Boots
Dawn's Combat Boots

from My Download Links page I get the following error:
An error occurred while getting the requested content. Please contact the store owner.

Anyone else getting that error or have the email address or link to use handy?

Thanks!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
@SafetyGuy - please submit a support ticket and Lisa can help you with this :)

Help

Hope you'll stick around the forums - they're staying, and HW (plus some of our CAs) will be selling products at Renderosity.