• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire 3D Store Officially Closing at the end of Jan 4th (Midnight US Mountain time)

McG.

Enthusiast
It is with a heavy heart that Lisa, myself and our HiveWire team announce the closing of our HiveWire store.

We very much appreciate the many years of support to our store and the wonderful products that have been showcased and sold there.

We have made arrangements to have our HiveWire products available at the Renderosity marketplace. We currently also have our products available at the Reallusion store for their specific software formats.

We will still maintain our HiveWire forum to stay connected to those here who wish to share their images, ideas, and conversations. We also plan to run contests from time to time in our forum. So that part of HiveWire will not be changing.

We will also maintain our HiveWire weekly newsletter to promote our products that will be available at Renderosity, so that our customers will know where to find them.

We will have a final, FINAL storewide sale beginning the first of December and will run til the first week in January 2021. Many of these products will NOT be moving forward to be published or made available elsewhere, perhaps due to the age of the product, quality, or acceptance value to other stores.

We are making arrangements for customers to have till the end of January 2021 to be able to download all content they have purchased, even though the actual store will close on January 4th.

Renderosity is excited to receive content that has been published at HiveWire and will guide us through the process for our contributing artists to make their content available in the Renderosity marketplace. They may even be reaching out to some artists by email to help things along.

Ken Gilliland, Laurie Prindle, and all other current contributing artists will make their own decisions as to where their products will be published going forward.

We are grateful to all CAs that have shared their immense talents and trust in us by publishing their products with us over these many years. It is our hope that our collaboration and friendship with them will remain.

This is a necessary evolution now for HiveWire 3D. Our store will end, but our impact as a HiveWire brand will continue. Lisa Buckalew, Paul Lessard, and Chris Creek products will remain under the HiveWire brand going forward, those being Lisa's Botanicals, CG Cubed, and Christopher Creek Art content. Naturally some of the CWRW/Laurie Prindle products are tied to specific HiveWire products, and those will be available at Renderosity.

For those interested, our efforts on Dawn 2 continue, as well as our efforts and plans for Dusk 2. We also have many, many animals in the works, and once Dawn 2 is released many of those will be getting attention.

Lisa Buckalew will finally have time to devote to her wonderful botanical products. Some current products will get freshened up, many will not, but other new botanicals will come to light.

We announce this here for your support. We thank you all for your involvement and interest over the years. We value your input and thoughts, and invite you to share those with us now in this thread.
Thank you for a seriously appreciated advance notice. Like the others, reading this makes me sad. I enjoy buying and using the products you all create for us to work and play with. Whatever venture you decide to pursue now, I wish you the greatest success! It is good news that work will continue with the Dawn/Dusk Figures. I really wish I had the kind of money I did when I was working. I'd happily try to buy nearly everything here.

Aelin

Eager
I only save the main promos of products I've bought at various stores. I don't think saving all of them are needed, as I just like to have them if I don't recall exactly what a product is, which I may have purchased a couple of years ago.

I often remember the name of a product and/or the name of the vendor, but I often don't recall exactly what the product looks like. I find this especially true of clothing and hair products, probably because I have so many of them. ;)
I generally don't save the promo images, but I started years ago to save the names of products, the name of creator, the url (even if the creator change of store, or the store closes its doors). If the vendor doesn't change his/her name, it's easiest to check the list of what I have.
But since I started in 3D world, I also noticed some persons with 2 or 3 different names, so I keep their other potential pseudos under the hand, in case.

eclark1894

Visionary
I generally don't save the promo images, but I started years ago to save the names of products, the name of creator, the url (even if the creator change of store, or the store closes its doors). If the vendor doesn't change his/her name, it's easiest to check the list of what I have.
But since I started in 3D world, I also noticed some persons with 2 or 3 different names, so I keep their other potential pseudos under the hand, in case.
That's part of the reason I made the Poser Content Directory. If all you can remember is the vendor's name, you can look up his name and find his current store.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have spreadsheets for every 3D store I've ever purchased in, so I not only have the name of the product, who created it, but the invoice number and date of purchase. It often helps me find things to re-download here at HW when I know what else I purchased around the same date. Then I know if I'm near, or NOT near, the product I'm looking for. ;)

Reactions: Nod

Aelin

Eager
I have spreadsheets for every 3D store I've ever purchased in, so I not only have the name of the product, who created it, but the invoice number and date of purchase. It often helps me find things to re-download here at HW when I know what else I purchased around the same date. Then I know if I'm near, or NOT near, the product I'm looking for. ;)
I generally take the list by alphabetical order of vendors, by market place. If it's a team who made a product, I sort by the first name in the list. And if despite that I don't find in the list when I check something, I use the search tool of notepad for a key word of the title of the product I'm looking for.
And I use too those lists to add what I used in my scenes when I make something. I think it's fair for vendors to not just wait that somebody ask "hat is this or that". So I put Name of Product, by xxxxxx (and the name of the store).

If I start by date, I know I can't find my way :laugh: but that's the problem with me.

Klaus Sauer

Admirable
I checked the current HiveWire store at Rendo and noticed that several products that are offered here for the HiveWire horse, for example Toon Horse or Kirin, are not (yet) available in the Rendo shop.

My question is now: Will all HiveWire products be available later at Rendo or will some products (example Kirin) disappear forever? It would be good, if you can make some kind of list, where we will find all the HiveWire Vendors , when the store is closed.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
I checked the current HiveWire store at Rendo and noticed that several products that are offered here for the HiveWire horse, for example Toon Horse or Kirin, are not (yet) available in the Rendo shop.

My question is now: Will all HiveWire products be available later at Rendo or will some products (example Kirin) disappear forever? It would be good, if you can make some kind of list, where we will find all the HiveWire Vendors , when the store is closed.
Those were both made by independent vendors. The Toon Horse being 3DUniverse, and the Kirin was Sparky (I think the same one behind Philospher's Egg). Getting those products moved over is most likely up to them if they choose to do so. Unless maybe they work some kind of buyout deal w/ Hivewire.

manekiNeko

well.. i have filled my cart with what i thought would be the most urgent things/those that might disappear forever. and i come up with 50$ - way too much for my budget if i wanna be able to get FOOD on my table for the 5 weeks until my new check end of january...

there are 2 products that i wouldn't wanna miss, but there's no actual logic/reason yet in buying them, since i don't have the HW big cat yet (it WILL come, but not NOW): the 2 skeleton big cats by Sparky. i really need to know if this will be available somewhere else...

manekiNeko

well.. i have filled my cart with what i thought would be the most urgent things/those that might disappear forever. and i come up with 50$ - way too much for my budget if i wanna be able to get FOOD on my table for the 5 weeks until my new check end of january...

there are 2 products that i wouldn't wanna miss, but there's no actual logic/reason yet in buying them, since i don't have the HW big cat yet (it WILL come, but not NOW): the 2 skeleton big cats by Sparky. i really need to know if this will be available somewhere else...
can't edit.. so i answer my own msg as an edit... BUT i still hope for an answer by... someone else, lol

EDIT: because i think i read somewhere in the thread that Sparky might have personal issues and might not want/be able to move items around.. or sth like that. btw i wrote 1 PM to someone, haven't gotten any answer, so yeah...

I must have bought many things here (a nearly total aviary) because I have 3,348 reward points. It would cost a fortune to use them all, and in the process I would earn many more. So what good are they now? They disappear Jan 4, don't they?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I must have bought many things here (a nearly total aviary) because I have 3,348 reward points. It would cost a fortune to use them all, and in the process I would earn many more. So what good are they now? They disappear Jan 4, don't they?
As far as I know, yes they will disappear. I have a good many reward points I'll have to use up as well, though not nearly as many as you have.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Thank you HiveWire for all of the wonderful years & treasured memories that you have given to us!

Credits:

HiveWire Rocking Horse "FREE" by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
HiveWire Horse by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D

AMV Christmas Tree by ArMa-Vision at HiveWire 3D

Zai's Romanzia Gothic Mini Texturing Set by Tamara Donahoe
Christmas Jewels by GrayCloudDesign for RPublishing at Renderosity
STZ Cozy room by santuziy78 at Renderosity
Simplicity Backgrounds by Bez Boardman at Renderosity

Treasured Ornament
Treasured Ornament.jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I only save the main promos of products I've bought at various stores. I don't think saving all of them are needed, as I just like to have them if I don't recall exactly what a product is, which I may have purchased a couple of years ago.

I often remember the name of a product and/or the name of the vendor, but I often don't recall exactly what the product looks like. I find this especially true of clothing and hair products, probably because I have so many of them. ;)
Problem I have had in he past is that sometimes the main promos are not as inclusive of the options of the product. Also sometimes the original product creator for whatever reason does not include the best views or product options illustrations with their promos. I have found repeatedly that other artists that use the product actually have given me better ideas of how to best use the product by providing more creative views and funftion options illustrations so I keep images that do that from the product page and from the galleries. I guess in a pinch relying on just the product thumb is all I may have to work with so I just suck it up and install.
But if I can avoid installing without viewing full options to see if it is what i will need for my image, I prefer to.
Example the XMAS offerings at Renderosity right now. I go to great lengths to find images of how the product offered can be used to see how it has already been used by others especially since the single little thumb is hard to see and not always the best visual to go by.
So you can see how important it is for me to be able to get other visuals of product whrn I archive stuff. Just as long dragged out proceedure retentive types like me have to go through I guess! :)

Harimau

Eager
Now that we are fast approaching D-day, I wonder if my My Downloadable Products from my Account can be transferred to my Account at Renderosity, and also whether I can get my upgrades there after you close. I have the same login and password at Rendo. I am really glad that the forum will continue as usual.

Kerya

Brilliant
Now that we are fast approaching D-day, I wonder if my My Downloadable Products from my Account can be transferred to my Account at Renderosity, and also whether I can get my upgrades there after you close. I have the same login and password at Rendo. I am really glad that the forum will continue as usual.

Ken Gilliland's products, yes - the rest no. Take care to download all of them and make backups.
Or you will have to buy them again at Renderosity ...