• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire 3D Store Officially Closing at the end of Jan 4th (Midnight US Mountain time)

SafetyGuy

New-Bee
@SafetyGuy - please submit a support ticket and Lisa can help you with this :)

Help

Hope you'll stick around the forums - they're staying, and HW (plus some of our CAs) will be selling products at Renderosity.
Thanks @Alisa ! Ticket opened. And yes I'll be around if I can ever finish some HW updates and get to rendering again. But that's another story.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
That's a sad news to hear , especially when I was for plan to return to HW3D with new stuff , wishing everyone a better 2021, stay safe and I hope the forum stays open .
I am removing my stuff from my own website too by Jan.2021, it was a hard year for everyone, time for reinvention !

Hugs, love and light !

eclark1894

Visionary
Greetings! I'm sorry that the store is closing. I know alot of people enjoyed the ride. I retired earlier this year and was looking forward to taking another crack at rendering and then 2020 unloaded on us. I've only been an occasional visitor here so sorry I didn't contribute more to sales!
When I try to download the following products:

Mini Morphs - Hero (DAZ Studio)
Mini Morphs - Dwarf (DAZ Studio)
Mini Morphs - SuperHulk (DAZ Studio)
Mini Morphs - Muscle (DAZ Studio)

Dawn's Combat Boots
Dawn's Combat Boots

from My Download Links page I get the following error:
An error occurred while getting the requested content. Please contact the store owner.

Anyone else getting that error or have the email address or link to use handy?

Thanks!
No, I honestly don't try to download your purchases... ever. :rofl:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
That's a sad news to hear , especially when I was for plan to return to HW3D with new stuff , wishing everyone a better 2021, stay safe and I hope the forum stays open .
I am removing my stuff from my own website too by Jan.2021, it was a hard year for everyone, time for reinvention !

Hugs, love and light !
Cath!!!! So good to hear from you - sorry to hear about your site, too. Forums will be staying open, so don't be a stranger !

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Hi Alisa, thank you dear , don't be sorry, I need to make space for other new stuff so I hope it will works fine , maybe I move something to my Renderosity store as well in the process, no big lost here just reinvention .
Nice to hear the forums here stays open ! Poser 12 installed on my driver .. let's have some creative time again :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
When HW opened doors, that was a new beginning for me. I have moved my store to here from CP. Now, when Rendo acquired Poser from SMS, it has become yet another new beginning again. I have shifted my product line to Poser 12 automation scripts, now that the old ones won't run on it anymore. I have 4 new tools for P12 I have been working on, along with the new Scatter Tool v2.0 for P12. Chances are I will be moving my store to Rendo, and who knows what will happen there? And when Dawn 2.0 becomes available, I will go back to figure development again. Rendo has already announced Poser 12 will be shifting to full unimesh support, and that will be a new beginning as well. Starting over anew has become a habit these days.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
@Ken1171
Sometimes starting over is not bad. New opportunities, new chances, new POV. Often we are stuck in our old path and can not move further.
Go a new way can be challenging , but who said challenges are bad?
I pick up the challenge for this year and take a few courses to refine my modelling skills in Blender and Marvelous Designer. Lets see where my new path leads me :whistling:
I am looking forward to your new shiny toys :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@AnimaGemini I agree - I prefer to see this as a new opportunity. A door closes here, maybe several others are opening elsewhere. We will only notice if we are open to them. It's bad the existing scripts will not run on P12, but isn't that also an opportunity to fulfil a new demand? I am new to the Poser scripts market, but having used scripts for years, I can build new ones based on hands-on experience, improving what we have now with something new, more powerful, and easier to use. The old scripts were useful, but things can always be improved. I have already posted videos of the SkinEdit and PowerLocks here in the forums, showing automations of cumbersome tasks, making them quick and easy. But perhaps the Parameters Manager will be the most useful for general Poser use, and I haven't shown that one yet. There is also the IK Manager, and the Magnets Manager in the pipeline. I want to make a video showing all of them together in a scene, but I first need to explain each one separately.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I hope some extra cash comes in before January, just two things left in my wish-list but no funds at present.
I'm hoping to get them before this ale ends. :)
Sometimes change is hard but somehow we adapt.
I'll still be watching for the bulldog morph and hope it is not too long before it's done.
Maybe now with more time, it can get finished too. :)

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Particles 3 was released by snarrlygribbly as freeware for Poser 10 with the original author's permission when they ceased support for the script. I was one of the community effort referred to above. The material hacks for the Life Node didn't work with the updated Firefly and Superfly render engines and there didn't seem to be anyone interested in the project besides him and I. The Poser/DAZ war was in full swing and it was just too disheartening to work on something no one seemed interested in or had folks actively trying to undermine. The major reasons it was never made available for P11. Now with the newer Python version it would just be better to write a new particles script from scratch.
I certainly understand. I was very disheartened by those events as well. I do appreciate the efforts that were made to try to bring the scripts to Poser 10/2014 at the time.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
It is with a heavy heart that Lisa, myself and our HiveWire team announce the closing of our HiveWire store.

We very much appreciate the many years of support to our store and the wonderful products that have been showcased and sold there.

We have made arrangements to have our HiveWire products available at the Renderosity marketplace. We currently also have our products available at the Reallusion store for their specific software formats.

We will still maintain our HiveWire forum to stay connected to those here who wish to share their images, ideas, and conversations. We also plan to run contests from time to time in our forum. So that part of HiveWire will not be changing.

We will also maintain our HiveWire weekly newsletter to promote our products that will be available at Renderosity, so that our customers will know where to find them.

We will have a final, FINAL storewide sale beginning the first of December and will run til the first week in January 2021. Many of these products will NOT be moving forward to be published or made available elsewhere, perhaps due to the age of the product, quality, or acceptance value to other stores.

We are making arrangements for customers to have till the end of January 2021 to be able to download all content they have purchased, even though the actual store will close on January 4th.

Renderosity is excited to receive content that has been published at HiveWire and will guide us through the process for our contributing artists to make their content available in the Renderosity marketplace. They may even be reaching out to some artists by email to help things along.

Ken Gilliland, Laurie Prindle, and all other current contributing artists will make their own decisions as to where their products will be published going forward.

We are grateful to all CAs that have shared their immense talents and trust in us by publishing their products with us over these many years. It is our hope that our collaboration and friendship with them will remain.

This is a necessary evolution now for HiveWire 3D. Our store will end, but our impact as a HiveWire brand will continue. Lisa Buckalew, Paul Lessard, and Chris Creek products will remain under the HiveWire brand going forward, those being Lisa's Botanicals, CG Cubed, and Christopher Creek Art content. Naturally some of the CWRW/Laurie Prindle products are tied to specific HiveWire products, and those will be available at Renderosity.

For those interested, our efforts on Dawn 2 continue, as well as our efforts and plans for Dusk 2. We also have many, many animals in the works, and once Dawn 2 is released many of those will be getting attention.

Lisa Buckalew will finally have time to devote to her wonderful botanical products. Some current products will get freshened up, many will not, but other new botanicals will come to light.

We announce this here for your support. We thank you all for your involvement and interest over the years. We value your input and thoughts, and invite you to share those with us now in this thread.

Chris
When I DL store purchases I also archive all the promo images for them to have a visual reference of the products.
As much as I appreciate the extended time you have given us to bring home ALL our purchases etc. will their store/product images also be kept up to add to the archive?

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Chris
When I DL store purchases I also archive all the promo images for them to have a visual reference of the products.
As much as I appreciate the extended time you have given us to bring home ALL our purchases etc. will their store/product images also be kept up to add to the archive?
The images on product pages are part of the store. The store will not be accessible after midnight January 4th, 2021. You will be able to log into your account to download your purchases after the store closes.

Hornet3d

Wise
I do the same thing, everywhere I make purchases!

Dana

I download the promos as well I have a very old database that allows me to store information about my purchases including three places to add promo images, one on the title page and two more in image fields. I have been maintaining it for the last fifteen years or so but I also put historic data in where I could so it spans over twenty years. Each input has the ability to store the name of the item, creator, marketplace, date purchased, full price, sale price, club price order number or item number and full description. Every time a buy content it's information is added to the database but the downloaded zips are then stored in a main folder for the year with sub folders for each month.

Main uses are I can search for items, for example like space craft to see all the craft I have, useful when creating scenes, check if I already own content even if it was purchased from a different store and finally I can easily find the downloaded zip and re-install it an item become corrupted for any reason

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I only save the main promos of products I've bought at various stores. I don't think saving all of them are needed, as I just like to have them if I don't recall exactly what a product is, which I may have purchased a couple of years ago.

I often remember the name of a product and/or the name of the vendor, but I often don't recall exactly what the product looks like. I find this especially true of clothing and hair products, probably because I have so many of them. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
I only save the main promos of products I've bought at various stores. I don't think saving all of them are needed, as I just like to have them if I don't recall exactly what a product is, which I may have purchased a couple of years ago.

I often remember the name of a product and/or the name of the vendor, but I often don't recall exactly what the product looks like. I find this especially true of clothing and hair products, probably because I have so many of them. ;)

I only every save a maximum of three, it is sometime useful to see the main promo but also some of the variants such as textures or camera viewpoints if the scene is large.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Chris
I download the product thumbnails with the zip files. Then I name them both the same (except for the extension). As I'm very visually oriented, all I have to do then is set my windows folders to view by medium or large icon, and I get both the thumbnail and the zip file together. Easy to spot, and easy to find the right file to install for it. I've been doing that for, oh.. I dunno... since at least the days of 3DCommune.

DanaTA

Distinguished

But, especially for hair and clothing items, it's good to see it from all sides. Sometimes it looks good from the front, but the side or back isn't what you want...or may even be unacceptable for those views.

Dana