• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire 3D Store Officially Closing at the end of Jan 4th (Midnight US Mountain time)

manekiNeko

well.. haven't been here much, since my budget is xtra limited and yeah i tend to get daz stuff first and then i'm broke again.. but here animals and plants have always been fantastic since their very talented creators moved in here or even founded the HW store, and i admired them. i was not member of the community either (or rather of ANY community incl RL, lol) but i could notice that the people her were close knit somehow, a kinda happy community. what a pity you guys have to close shop. hope you can still manage to stay in touch somehow, and continue to stay in business for the PAs..
so, little question: i have a very short wishlist (13 items), but also a very thin budget. while i wish to get as much as i can here before the shop closes, both so i don't miss stuff i'll never find again but also as a solidarity gesture, what i'll invest when i get $ before xmas means i'll also have to cut down on supplies for myself IRL. so, the idea would be, what i can absolutely certainly purchase a little later could wait, even if sadly it won't be here. i just can't dump 100$ and famish myself and my felines...

does anybody know which of those will NOT be moved on, or what will be found where? (ok, the HW big cat + cub are already at rendo i think, but no idea about the rest)
ok i found out that those ARE already on rendo now - they're even wishlisted, gawd i'm so stupid...
  • HiveWire Big Cat
  • HiveWire Cub
  • HiveWire Lion Family
  • CWRW White Lion for the HiveWire Lion Family
  • CWRW Black Panther for the HiveWire Big Cat
  • HiveWire Cougar
  • HiveWire Tiger (never even put on HW wishlist)
now what about the 2 skelecats, the siamese for hw housecat, the 2 portals , and the footsteps tool?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
@manekiNeko I'm pretty sure all the actual HW products will go to Rendo (I think most in your list is already there, same with @CWRW's textures, she has most stuff there except I didn't see the Siamese, there may be others its just the one I noticed missing).

You'd have to see if @LisaB is moving her "Lisa's Botanicals" stuff over, like the portals etc.

If it was me, I'd look at getting products by other vendors if you have to cull your list.

For example, I don't know if/where @Nerd3D will move so would prob grab that footprint tool. Also I know @Sparky has her own store but she doesn't have the products that she has here on it (like the Skelecat etc) and I know she's had real life problems so they may not make it even on her own site.

(edited to add, we posted at the same time lol)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
For example, I don't know if/where @Nerd3D will move so would prob grab that footprint tool.
Yes, at Renderosity he's just nerd, not Nerd3D, and he does NOT have that tool in his Renderosity store . . . yet.

In real life, Nerd is Chuck Taylor, who is head of the Poser 12 Dev team, so I'm not sure if he has time to consider moving any of his goodies here to his Renderosity store. I suggest you send him Site Mail on Renderosity, and ask him, as I don't know how often he gets a chance to be here at HiveWire.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Also remember, HiveWire and the HiveWire Forums aren't disappearing. Only the store is closing, which while disappointing, is understandable. HiveWire will continue to develop Dawn, Dusk, Baby Luna, as well as the animals, and other products as the HiveWire team is able to squeeze them in.

Did I miss Lisa posting whether her store (Lisa's Botanicals) is going to Renderosity as part of HiveWire's move? Since she's a cofounder of HiveWIre, I assumed it was. I know Chris mentioned that with the HiveWire store closing, Lisa will be able to work on new plants. I'm really, really, really looking forward to new plants from Lisa. I love the plants I have, but find I tend to use the same few plants over and over. Time for some new ones! Not that I will stop using my favorites.

manekiNeko

@manekiNeko I'm pretty sure all the actual HW products will go to Rendo (I think most in your list is already there, same with @CWRW's textures, she has most stuff there except I didn't see the Siamese, there may be others its just the one I noticed missing).

You'd have to see if @LisaB is moving her "Lisa's Botanicals" stuff over, like the portals etc.

If it was me, I'd look at getting products by other vendors if you have to cull your list.

For example, I don't know if/where @Nerd3D will move so would prob grab that footprint tool. Also I know @Sparky has her own store but she doesn't have the products that she has here on it (like the Skelecat etc) and I know she's had real life problems so they may not make it even on her own site.

(edited to add, we posted at the same time lol)

i've been wanting those portals for eons anyways cuz they're unique and Lisa might not want older products moved on, then i have nothing remotely akin to footsteps so it's a must too, i already carted them 3. then yeah, i was wondering about both skelecats, they're unique too - only thing is i haven't gotten the HW big cat yet because i already own both sets of big felines from daz so it really wasn't not a priority, and buying an addon when you don't have the original base.. not always a smart move - i'll ask Sparky. then the siamese, i actually was sure i already owned it recently while making a scene, searched everywhere in my content lol, man i'd be upset if i missed it and it didn't get moved (i wondered a while ago while it wasn't on cwrw's rendo yet).. urgh it's hard. not sure ..

Yes, at Renderosity he's just nerd, not Nerd3D, and he does NOT have that tool in his Renderosity store . . . yet.

In real life, Nerd is Chuck Taylor, who is head of the Poser 12 Dev team, so I'm not sure if he has time to consider moving any of his goodies here to his Renderosity store. I suggest you send him Site Mail on Renderosity, and ask him, as I don't know how often he gets a chance to be here at HiveWire.

ah i decided to get it anyways, see above ^^

Oooh, a footsteps tool! Wonder why I never noticed that before?! Into the cart!

lmao XDDD.. glad i inspired you ^^

manekiNeko

Oh yesssss I will be moving. It will be a process as there's no time like the present to update the tools. I'll be adding SuperFly mats and and fixing any issues I find along that path. And as pointed out I'm "Nerd" over there.
hmm i read superfly.. and i'm a dazzler.. any plans for iray mats? i'd buy it anyways even without as it is now even if i have to fumble with surfaces, but if you're sure you'll move a new better edition of that footpath tool to rendo, i can wait

eclark1894

Visionary
Also remember, HiveWire and the HiveWire Forums aren't disappearing. Only the store is closing, which while disappointing, is understandable. HiveWire will continue to develop Dawn, Dusk, Baby Luna, as well as the animals, and other products as the HiveWire team is able to squeeze them in.

Did I miss Lisa posting whether her store (Lisa's Botanicals) is going to Renderosity as part of HiveWire's move? Since she's a cofounder of HiveWIre, I assumed it was. I know Chris mentioned that with the HiveWire store closing, Lisa will be able to work on new plants. I'm really, really, really looking forward to new plants from Lisa. I love the plants I have, but find I tend to use the same few plants over and over. Time for some new ones! Not that I will stop using my favorites.
Maybe she'll find time to do some Jungle plants for Taka and the Big Cats to play with!

Miss B

CV-BEE

I'm pretty sure she's moving all of her products over to Renderosity as well, and yes I want to see some more new plants as well. I have a huge amount I bought back at DAZ, and as you indicated for yourself, I WANT MORE!!! :D

Kerya

Brilliant
I thought I had that Footsteps tool ... but it didn't show up as owned. After some longer thinking, I remembered I bought it at Daz ... I wish there were a "do not show this product" at stores.

Miss B

CV-BEE
When the sellers will be there on the Renderosity market, it will be my responsibility to update all the credits, under my images.
Yes, I was thinking the same thing, as I usually mentioned both HW and the RMP for products that are already there, but now I'll have to do the same for those by CAs who are moving to Renderosity.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ok. I've been thinking about this for a while now. I was really tempted to just stop selling altogether, but I've never been the quitting type. LOL.

I am not sure yet which store(s) I'm moving to. I will move eventually. Just not sure when. Once I know for sure, I'll announce it - probably in my product announcement thread.

I'm considering Dana's shop, and DarkAngel's right now. If we want the smaller independent shops to succeed, they need vendors willing to submit items, and people willing to buy from them.

I do have ONE product at Renderosity (it was a joint item with Fredels), but I am REALLY gun-shy about trying to move ANYthing over there. The last time I tried to submit a solo product over there completely turned me off of selling anything at all until Nataani happened. Nowadays, I'm not sure they'd even want anything I have. I have an extremely slow production pipeline due to RL/offline reasons, and I'm just NOT fluent in the newer render engines for either Daz OR Poser. I'll inquire with Jen and see if they want Nataani or the Dirt/Mud LIE Overlays, but I doubt it - even those do not have Iray or Superfly materials. I also don't have a big enough customer base to be anything more than a plankton at the bottom of that ocean.

Products of mine that will absolutely NOT be moving are as follows :

1.) Any of my remaining two products from when I was working with Glitterati will NOT be moving. This is a concern only to Studio users, as those items were Daz conversions of Glitterati's Poser conformers. So if you are a Daz user and have any of those on your wishlist, I'd suggest picking them up now before the shop here closes. They will be retired at the closure of the HW shop.

2.) The rendered background image pack that is in my shop - Hearts of Africa Jungle Depths.

That will also NOT be moving with me. If Napalm or Kage want to move it with their catalogs, that's fine by me (you can keep my images in the pack, don't worry about redistribution rights - you're both fine to do so. I don't need anything from them.). But I will not be moving them with me.

Slated for updates before moving:

1.) Nataani. He desperately needs Iray and proper Superfly materials both. I know this, but I haven't the first clue how to set those materials up. I still render in 3delight, and I'm just not versed enough in Superfly yet to be able to give him the update he needs. I want to - I just don't know how. If someone is willing to do that, they can PM me here and we'll talk it over.

I also will probably combine the Daz and Poser versions together into one single product. Honestly, the Daz version hardly sold at all anyway.

2.) The mud and dirt LIE overlays. Again, these desperately need updates to include Iray materials. Again, I'd love to do that but I don't know how, and I don't have a lot of time in which to do so. If someone wants to take on the material conversion, PM me here.

WHEN will I move?

I honestly have NO idea yet. I work full time in healthcare, and my home is an urban homestead, so even when I'm not at work, there's always a list of things I need to do before I can sit down to the computer or anything else. I have multiple products that are stuck in various WIP stages due to lack of time to work on them as it is.

I will do my best to make it "soon-ish" but I have no idea exactly when that will be.