• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire 3D Store Officially Closing at the end of Jan 4th (Midnight US Mountain time)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
People have already acclaimed the HW animals out there, but when Dawn 2.0 comes out, that will be something. I saw people talking about her in the Rendo forums, claiming they can't wait. :D

Riccardo

Adventurous
Since I already have a lot of 3D models, but not as much money as the models, and my main program is Carrara, I've never been a big customer here. I bought few items. Yet I am here since the beginning and I tried to contribute to these forums when I could do it. So, I am definitely going to be around here as long as you are. And of course I will follow you Hivewire guys on Renderosity, as well. Best wishes and see you around here and there!

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I would like to first thanks Chris and Lisa for 7 wonderful years. I know running the store has been a struggle these past few years, so I want you to know I deeply appreciate it.

I waited to chime in until now because I wasn't sure where I would go from the Hivewire store. I had a number of offers and even considered building my own store. It looking at pros and cons, one thing stood out. Renderosity has been a sponsor of my bird art contest for a number of years and that made them a good fit for me. After chatting with them, they've earned my trust and that's where I will become an Exclusive Vendor.

PoserWorld

New-Bee
HiveWire3D is the classiest 3d content store. The HiveWire 3d modelers really know how bring life to 3d. HiveWire's continued dedication to the 3D artist community is second to none and inspires our PoserWorld team to strive even further every day. As we have experienced it's not easy operating a great store and developing great content simultaneously. It takes long hours and tough sacrifices. We wish the Hivewire 3D team the greatest success at Renderosity.
Art IS life. Create & render on.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
@CWRW How do we get started with this?
Hey Ken- sorry.... I was talking about my products I've been moving over to Rendo over the last 2-3 years (once HW started selling there). I haven't moved anything since my Exotics for the HW Cat and won't be until after the HW store closes.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hey Ken- sorry.... I was talking about my products I've been moving over to Rendo over the last 2-3 years (once HW started selling there). I haven't moved anything since my Exotics for the HW Cat and won't be until after the HW store closes.

Oh I see. I thought I was missing the good time. :)

That's great Ken.

And that's even before Rendo starts advertising HW figures. Some people were surprised there was a Dawn 2 in the making, and asked questions about it. They obviously didn't follow the HW open dev forums. But the ones who did were impressed! :D

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Glad to hear it Ken!

Renderosity has my trust it's just being an even smaller fish in an even huger pond that concerns me. I'm moving everything there though.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Janet I am also small fish, so I share your concern. Rendo has become the last remaining *mainstream* Poser/DS store out there, so we are running out of options. I don't have anywhere else to go.

gitika1

New-Bee
I would like to first thanks Chris and Lisa for 7 wonderful years. I know running the store has been a struggle these past few years, so I want you to know I deeply appreciate it.

I waited to chime in until now because I wasn't sure where I would go from the Hivewire store. I had a number of offers and even considered building my own store. It looking at pros and cons, one thing stood out. Renderosity has been a sponsor of my bird art contest for a number of years and that made them a good fit for me. After chatting with them, they've earned my trust and that's where I will become an Exclusive Vendor.

Do you know if Renderosity will honor HiveWire3D purchases for products that you update? (Provided that we can show proof of the purchase?)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
@Janet I am also small fish, so I share your concern. Rendo has become the last remaining *mainstream* Poser/DS store out there, so we are running out of options. I don't have anywhere else to go.
Just checking you are moving over to Rendo Ken, I've had a personal FB message asking if I knew if you were so thought I'd check here :D

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Just checking you are moving over to Rendo Ken, I've had a personal FB message asking if I knew if you were so thought I'd check here :D

I think so, Rae. RDNA, CP and here are no longer options. It's becoming a small world.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think so, Rae. RDNA, CP and here are no longer options. It's becoming a small world.
That will make the person very happy they want your products but can't afford them at the moment :)

Yes, its sad there's not so many options for us Daz/Poser people, even Carrara people don't have as much options and the places that sell for other 3D programs can be very expensive (if you can import them and of course you have to set up your own materials to work in your program etc)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
SAD!
been in the Poser community snce Poser 4 and have sadly seen many great sights and sources for great product come and go. Sorry to all this affects. I would like to know how this will affect my wish list and existing order history here? Do I have to download ALL the items i have purchased before you close down the works.

eclark1894

Visionary

2. Ken, I do run a Poser directory, remember. And I do list Online stores. Some aren't that big, and others are vendor-owned, but there are quite a few. I will acknowlege that Hive3ire was one of the top three, especially since the original Poserworld closed down. CGBytes is nice size, but they seem to be comfortable in their own little neighborhood. :D

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Do you know if Renderosity will honor HiveWire3D purchases for products that you update? (Provided that we can show proof of the purchase?)
Renderosity said they are trying to figure out a system to transfer purchases when we do move. I'll also be continuing my current transfer system (items of mine purchased at DAZ) which I've discussed with them, so that can be a fall back if they can't figure out how to do it with the move.

Shanarah

Admirable
This is such a bummer! I've been following Hivewire since you opened the store, always loved the models the vendors produced here, and just recently joined the forums. I'll be sad to see it go, but I am thankful to see that most of the vendors have found a new home and I will try to follow your stores there. I'm so glad you will be keeping the forums, as this is definitely the best 3D art community I've had the pleasure of being a part of. Everyone has been so welcoming and there is so much beautiful work being shared. I'm also thankful you'll be continuing the newsletter as I'm afraid I'll miss things with the move to Rendo. I wish you all luck in the move and can't wait to see what is next for you!