• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Here's another or my nutty ideas...

eclark1894

Visionary
Dammit, so close!!:somad::coding:

buttons.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I JUST saw this on the SM Poser forum. ;) It's looking pretty good. The only thing I notice is the 3 columns of links aren't horizontally centered on the page. That might not be such a big deal, but my eyes always look for things like that. The average person might not even notice it.

Aelin

Eager
It's kind of amazing to me sometimes that I've been using Poser for Almost 20years and some of these sites I've never heard of before. MAKES ME THINK THAT PERHAPS I SHOULD add a page to list websites and stores that have Poser content. Something to think about. I'd hate to lose another RDNA.
I'm only in 3D world since 5 years, and I'm always amazing how large is it. Maybe in 15 years like you I won't know every site, don't worry.

For having a non underlined text, all I know it's you must use CSS. Something like
Code:
    text-decoration: none;
Unfortunately, all I learnt with CSS is on a French site. And I sink a little with CSS3 and flex box :unsure:

Links buttons are always cool. Maybe trying them with an image (gif or png), including already the text?

eclark1894

Visionary
I JUST saw this on the SM Poser forum. ;) It's looking pretty good. The only thing I notice is the 3 columns of links aren't horizontally centered on the page. That might not be such a big deal, but my eyes always look for things like that. The average person might not even notice it.

Took me a little while to fix the text in the boxes. I got the code for the boxes from another site. Something about the line height had letters in other boxes jumping down to the next line and totally screwing things up. This'll do for now, and I'll see if I can improve it before launch.

eclark1894

Visionary
Another milestone. I created all the content category pages the index page needs to link to. Just need to finish sorting the vendors. Then finish up my Blog page and ABOUT page. All the links work so far.

eclark1894

Visionary
I don't quite know what to do here. As I create these categories and list these vendors I'm going to have these long lists of links going down one side of the page. I can break up the lists into separate columns, but it's far too many names to create buttons for.

clothes.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think you should just list them as links. There no reason why they have to be buttons.

eclark1894

Visionary
Three columns.
There's a dynamic clothing section beneath this one. Thinking about adding something to denote vendors at "Adult" stores. Thought about changing the color of the text, but ...

Clothpage.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhh, that should work. You don't really need much more to alert folks.

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, I'm going to restyle all the pages so that they all share the same look and theme. Plus, I can always just add an extra column if I need to add more names to the list.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm considering what Webhost to host the site on. Anybody have any thoughts. I'm considering Bluehost, although that's not set in stone.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've never worked with them, but they have a good reputation from what I understand.

I've been using DreamHost for the past dozen years or so, and haven't had any problems with them.

eclark1894

Visionary
Trying my best to get every thing done before the final week of September. Once I've chosen a site to host, i want to upload the pages and give a few people the chance to test the site for me.