• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Here's another or my nutty ideas...

eclark1894

Visionary
You know, I just had a bit of an epiphany. My initial thought was to list the vendors under the category which they make content for. That is STILL my intent. I was going to give each category it's own page. Still the plan... almost. However, as I've since learned , I may either not have enough names for some categories, which means that's gonna be a real sparse webpage. and then there are pages with generic terms like "Props" and "add-ons", and even "clothing". So, I think I'm going to create sub categories on each webpage. So Clothing will be on it's own webpage, but Dynamic clothing will be a subcategory on the same page. Same with a category like Architecture. where I can put rooms, structures and buildings as subcategories.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh that sounds like a good idea, rather than having them sparsely spread throughout the site listings. I think it will also help a user narrow down what they're looking for if they find the man category first, and then check the subcategories on the page. I like that idea.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I checked some of your links Earl. The FoRender site has some interesting stuff. Characters from gems etc. that look very interesting.

eclark1894

Visionary
145168.jpg I'm also thinking of having a showcase area for renders on the home page. that's not set in stone though. May not happen, in fact.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Thanks, rob. And sorry about yesterday.
As I've often found, the most talented people are also among the most kind. You are too kind, Earl.

Now what about space craft? If a space craft is well done, it almost always finds it's way into my runtime. Perhaps, vehicles ->Air->Space -> Capital Craft? I don't know. There are so many different types...Fighters, Cruise ships, Space Stations, simple transports. After my HD crash, I'm trying reorganize everything for speed and better organization.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm still keeping as many of the larger headings as possible, so Space craft, space stations, etc. will still be listed under the Sci Fi heading otherwise the subheadings will quickly become bloated which is the opposite of what I'm trying to avoid now. We'll work it out so everyone can still find what they want as quickly and easily as possible. I might try something that Yahoo used to do and add a list of sub categories under the main category so you can see at a glance what's where. And even though it's beyond my ability now, I'd like to make the directory searchable in the future.

Last edited:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
If you sign up for Google's webmaster tools, they have a site search engine code you can use..

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
You obviously like blue Earl. Why not add a tiled pattern to it, to break the solid look? You could also add a rollover effect so the background stays still when scrolling the links and texts.

eclark1894

Visionary
You obviously like blue Earl. Why not add a tiled pattern to it, to break the solid look? You could also add a rollover effect so the background stays still when scrolling the links and texts.
Blue is actually my favorite color, but yeah, that's a LOT of blue. Miss B wants me to lose the yellow buttons, and change the text to Blue. But she wants white buttons which would blend in too much to the light blue background for me.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nice Earl. The white background will make the main content area pop and stand out, which is what you want people to focus on.