• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Here's another or my nutty ideas...

eclark1894

Visionary
I have a quick question. What would you guys think of a Poser creator web directory? Basically it would be a list of vendors who create content primarily, but not exclusively for Poser and a link to the store or site where their products can be found? It's something I've been thinking about for a while now. Maybe even doing it like a old Yahoo directory. With categories (TBD) and such.

SndCastie

Admirable
QAV-BEE
only problem I see with that is that most sites already have that and you say primarily but not exclusively which means we would still have to search through DS stuff to find poser stuff. Most vemders are doing both.

eclark1894

Visionary
only problem I see with that is that most sites already have that and you say primarily but not exclusively which means we would still have to search through DS stuff to find poser stuff. Most vemders are doing both.
Any links given would only take you to Poser products. That's why it is a POSER directory.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yes, they do have DS stuff, but the pages link to the stores.

Not quite what you were talking about, though.

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, it I may try to be clearer. I want the directory to list the names of the vendors who make things for Poser. The vendors would be listed in categories for which they have products, again for Poser, and will have a link to their product page at the store they sell at. For example let's say you're looking for a Poser Python script to convert hair from one figure to another. You would look under the category SCRIPTS, and see Netherworks name listed with a link for his Hair ConversionSystem that leads you to the Hivewire store.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well, it I may try to be clearer. I want the directory to list the names of the vendors who make things for Poser. The vendors would be listed in categories for which they have products, again for Poser, and will have a link to their product page at the store they sell at. For example let's say you're looking for a Poser Python script to convert hair from one figure to another. You would look under the category SCRIPTS, and see Netherworks name listed with a link for his Hair ConversionSystem that leads you to the Hivewire store.

Sounds similar to the way the marketplace was set up at RDNA with the list of categories, well similar to here as well of course, down the left side of the marketplace. I certainly find it an easy way to narrow in on what I wanted. Yours would be a lot broader of course covering multiple marketplaces and, from what I read also maybe individual vendors with their own sites who you are often not allowed to link to.

I think it would be useful as and would help the Poser community to support those that are creating for Poser.

eclark1894

Visionary
Sounds similar to the way the marketplace was set up at RDNA with the list of categories, well similar to here as well of course, down the left side of the marketplace. I certainly find it an easy way to narrow in on what I wanted. Yours would be a lot broader of course covering multiple marketplaces and, from what I read also maybe individual vendors with their own sites who you are often not allowed to link to.

I think it would be useful as and would help the Poser community to support those that are creating for Poser.
Exactly!!

McGyver

Energetic
Dang it, I got all excited... I wanted a genuinely nutty idea.
Maybe something involving peanut butter and jet packs... Anything using chinchillas on roller skates is good too.

Your current idea is good though... Not nutty.

eclark1894

Visionary
Dang it, I got all excited... I wanted a genuinely nutty idea.
Maybe something involving peanut butter and jet packs... Anything using chinchillas on roller skates is good too.

Your current idea is good though... Not nutty.
Don't be silly, chinchillas don't need roller skates. Snakes though....:sneaky:

eclark1894

Visionary
Here's a non-exhaustive list of categories I've made so far.

Botanicals

Hair

Clothing & Accessories

Animations & Poses

Animals

Creatures

Environments & Props

Vehicles

Resources & Utilities

Toon

Morphs, Characters & Texture Packs

Poses & Animation Files

Props, Sets

Lights & Cameras

Tutorials

3rd Party Figures

Materials & Textures

Hornet3d

Wise
Here's a non-exhaustive list of categories I've made so far.

Botanicals

Hair

Clothing & Accessories

Animations & Poses

Animals

Creatures

Environments & Props

Vehicles

Resources & Utilities

Toon

Morphs, Characters & Texture Packs

Poses & Animation Files

Props, Sets

Lights & Cameras

Tutorials

3rd Party Figures

Materials & Textures

That seems extensive.

McGyver

Energetic
Yeah... It was a category I used in my archives of content.
Usually artists or sites list them as either sets or environments...
So that might be confusing to people who are used to that, but for me I see buildings/houses/architecture as a separate category.

Hornet3d

Wise
Yeah... It was a category I used in my archives of content.
Usually artists or sites list them as either sets or environments...
So that might be confusing to people who are used to that, but for me I see buildings/houses/architecture as a separate category.

That is how Vue rends to categorise them, but then they list them under objects but a sub folder of that has architecture, with sub folders for elements, bridges, houses and cottages, large buildings. lighthouses, mansions & manors and monuments. It could be due to the nature of Vue which I suggest if not as figure concentric and Poser or Daz but if you are coming from that sort of background you might Poser listing to be the same. As I use both Poser and Vue, either way works for me.

eclark1894

Visionary
Yeah, well, the toughest part will be collecting the names of Poser vendors and then tracking them down to their store or site.

And I have to figure out what to do about vendors like Lady Littlefox, who still creates for Poser but Studio as well. I'm not inclined to leave anyone out, but on the other hand not really inclined to have to wade through a ton of DS -only product to find one or two Poser products.

Last edited: