• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Here's another or my nutty ideas...

James R.

Busy Bee
Rather a misnomer James! Just paid a quick visit and just the front page of 'Whats New' lists content for Genesis 8 and Vue! o_O

Yup, saw that. Cubic tons of stuff for Studio. Which makes me wonder what its actual purpose is... :cautious:

There is a link down at the bottom of the page that links to LittleFox's Pinterest page. So I'm guessing this is their work?

Just wondered if Earl had seen it and perhaps been inspired to do a better job with a proper Poser list.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Earl's aim is to provide a (much needed) directory to all those artists who make content for Poser and links to the providers they sell at. That in itself is a valuable resource, at least for Poser users and deserves recognition!

I just find the name Posercontent misleading given that they have expanded their original brief! :rolleyes:

James R.

Busy Bee
Earl's aim is to provide a (much needed) directory to all those artists who make content for Poser and links to the providers they sell at. That in itself is a valuable resource, at least for Poser users and deserves recognition!

I just find the name Posercontent misleading given that they have expanded their original brief! :rolleyes:

Yes, I understand why he's doing it and what he's doing. I'm following his progress here and on the Poser Forum as well.

And I never said his efforts didn't deserve recognition, Mytho... So I'm not sure what your comment implies. I'm a Poser user myself.

As I said, I was wondering if he was inspired by this site to do a proper Poser list.

"poser content.com" is a misleading name. Which is my point, given most of the stuff points to DAZ Studio products. I'm not going to suggest it's purposely misleading...but...

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Whoa! Hold on there buddy! My comment was not intended to imply anything or criticise you in any way. My only point is that Posercontent is a content provider with a misleading name. Whether it inspired Earl or not is an unknown and is entirely his business. What does deserve praise is his recognising a much needed service and taking time to provide it! Time out needed here methinks. :speechless:

James R.

Busy Bee
Whoa! Hold on there buddy! My comment was not intended to imply anything or criticise you in any way. My only point is that Posercontent is a content provider with a misleading name. Whether it inspired Earl or not is an unknown and is entirely his business. What does deserve praise is his recognising a much needed service and taking time to provide it! Time out needed here methinks. :speechless:
Okay, Mytho... my misunderstanding. I apologize. :peace:

eclark1894

Visionary
Yup, saw that. Cubic tons of stuff for Studio. Which makes me wonder what its actual purpose is... :cautious:

There is a link down at the bottom of the page that links to LittleFox's Pinterest page. So I'm guessing this is their work?

Just wondered if Earl had seen it and perhaps been inspired to do a better job with a proper Poser list.
Yep seen it and dismissed it back on page 1 of this thread when Alisa pointed it out to me. Mythocentric is right about my aim. There's a thread right now over at Renderosity that underscores the very reason I'm doing this. People believe that there is no Poser content out there anymore... or at least very little, because everybody moving to DS and Genesis. People think Genesis was an instant hit, but they forget that it actually took Genesis over two years to even get within spitting distance of dethroning her sister V4, and by the time that had happened Genesis 3 was out. In fact, if you check a lot of the Genesis 2 stuff that came out, you'll find a lot of it was also made for V4. I still see a lot of it while looking for links to put in the directory. Even Genesis 8 is still riding her sister's coattails.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, I don't know about Regina/LittleFox having anything to do with PoserContent.com, in fact, the more I look at the site, the more I think it's not legitimate.

The reason I say that is, I was clicking on some of the icon buttons on top to see what they were offering, and when I clicked on the Buildings button, I saw several items by Stonemason. Now I don't know about any of you, but I'm of the firm belief that Stefan Morrell, a/k/a Stonemason, is a tried and true EXCLUSIVE PA at DAZ. The man has NEVER sold anything anywhere else.

Keep up the good work Earl, and just ignore that site.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
the more I look at the site, the more I think it's not legitimate
No, it's legitimate. Cart button will redirect you to Daz or RS depending on product. It's just big affiliate showcase/aggregator to catch traffic and get %%, probably was started in times when most DAZ products were Poser-related.

James R.

Busy Bee
Well, I don't know about Regina/LittleFox having anything to do with PoserContent.com, in fact, the more I look at the site, the more I think it's not legitimate.

The reason I say that is, I was clicking on some of the icon buttons on top to see what they were offering, and when I clicked on the Buildings button, I saw several items by Stonemason. Now I don't know about any of you, but I'm of the firm belief that Stefan Morrell, a/k/a Stonemason, is a tried and true EXCLUSIVE PA at DAZ. The man has NEVER sold anything anywhere else.

Keep up the good work Earl, and just ignore that site.

Yup, I have no idea what it's about, it's bizarre. The deeper you dig, the weirder it gets.

James R.

Busy Bee
No, it's legitimate. Cart button will redirect you to Daz or RS depending on product. It's just big affiliate showcase/aggregator to catch traffic and get %%, probably was started in times when most DAZ products were Poser-related.

Ah that makes sense. I don't like it ;) but it makes sense now.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhhhh. I didn't bother clicking on the Cart button, so didn't know that. I still don't like it, but now I can see how it could be legitimate.

Why Regina's Pinterest icon is there is beyond me, as I can't see why she would've put together such a site. I believe she did have a store at DAZ years ago, when she was also at RDNA, but I just don't see her putting together this type of site. That still seems strange to me.

eclark1894

Visionary
Hey guys and gals, i need a little help with a description for what a utility is and does for Poser.

This is what I've got so far. "Vendors listed on this page make Utilities programs to enhance the features and performance of Poser."

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'd reword it only slightly. Vendors listed on this page create Utilities/Scripts as add-on enhancements to the features and performance of Poser. I wouldn't use the word "programs" as Poser is the program, and utility/scripts are add-ons, not necessarily programs themselves.

Hmmm, maybe that's a bit off, as there's Wardrobe Wizard, which in newer versions of Poser, works within Poser, but I have the standalone version, which I purchased back when I was using Poser 5. I don't know how many folks who have it still use it. There's also CrossDresser which, I believe, works outside of Poser. Those could probably be called programs as they are standalone. OK, I just checked EvilInnocence's site, and they refer to CrossDresser as a utility, so I don't know how I'd classify it.

OK, just my 2¢, FWIW. I'll leave it up to you to decide which is more appropriate, as you're the one who has the list of vendors.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'd reword it only slightly. Vendors listed on this page create Utilities/Scripts as add-on enhancements to the features and performance of Poser. I wouldn't use the word "programs" as Poser is the program, and utility/scripts are add-ons, not necessarily programs themselves.

Hmmm, maybe that's a bit off, as there's Wardrobe Wizard, which in newer versions of Poser, works within Poser, but I have the standalone version, which I purchased back when I was using Poser 5. I don't know how many folks who have it still use it. There's also CrossDresser which, I believe, works outside of Poser. Those could probably be called programs as they are standalone. OK, I just checked EvilInnocence's site, and they refer to CrossDresser as a utility, so I don't know how I'd classify it.

OK, just my 2¢, FWIW. I'll leave it up to you to decide which is more appropriate, as you're the one who has the list of vendors.
Well, technically, they are ALL programs. I think the difference is how the computer reads program, as either a compiled software or as a script. Python, for example is a scripting language that a computer can read directly. Poser is a program that has been compiled to allow a computer to read the programming language so that it can carry out the instructions. (I hope that's right).

eclark1894

Visionary
This is just weird. I've been searching Renderosity's Marketplace a lot in the last few days looking for Poser stuff to list in the directory. What's weird is that I logged into day and it's like Rendo's pushing back. Everytime I go to a new page, all I see are Genesis 3 or 8 ads.

eclark1894

Visionary

Hey James, just so you know, While the directory is definitely geared towards Poser users, the stores, ALL of them, make little to no effort to separate the programs. DAZ, of course, is probably the worst. They make little to no effort to keep stuff for Poser separate from Studio. The other stores aren't as blatant about it. So bottom line... I'm made considerable effort to weed out the "Evil forces of Skeleto--" umm Daz studio products from Poser, but because of the way the stores categorize stuff, Some Studio stuff is going to be mixed in. Hopefully, I've kept it to a minimum.

James R.

Busy Bee
Hey James, just so you know, While the directory is definitely geared towards Poser users, the stores, ALL of them, make little to no effort to separate the programs. DAZ, of course, is probably the worst. They make little to no effort to keep stuff for Poser separate from Studio. The other stores aren't as blatant about it. So bottom line... I'm made considerable effort to weed out the "Evil forces of Skeleto--" umm Daz studio products from Poser, but because of the way the stores categorize stuff, Some Studio stuff is going to be mixed in. Hopefully, I've kept it to a minimum.

Cool! Definitely a monumental task to take on, but you seem to be making great progress...! :cool: