• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Here's another or my nutty ideas...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, technically, they are ALL programs. I think the difference is how the computer reads program, as either a compiled software or as a script. Python, for example is a scripting language that a computer can read directly. Poser is a program that has been compiled to allow a computer to read the programming language so that it can carry out the instructions. (I hope that's right).
Uncompiled scripts can be edited with the proper software, such as the Poser File Editor. Compiled programs cannot be edited, except by the creator, because you need a password to do so. I remember compiling my programs while in school so classmates could "play with them" to get ideas for their own, but they couldn't print out, or edit, the code.

eclark1894

Visionary
Cool! Definitely a monumental task to take on, but you seem to be making great progress...! :cool:
To be honest, and I just ran across this last night with Hivewire, I really wanted to group stuff for each vendor together. Hivewire WILL let you shop by vendor, BUT you have to see EVERYTHING the vendor has in the store. You can't shop by genre, for example. Or if you can, I haven't figure out how to do it yet. Rosity, on the other hand, will let you filter stuff out, but not very well. I still see Poser stuff mixed with Studio stuff, (which is to be expected because Poser and Studio used to be able to use the same stuff before Genesis split the community.)

eclark1894

Visionary
I was actually hoping that by this week, I would be able to put my website on line so people could test it out for me. I'm still hoping to do that by this weekend, assuming everything goes okay. Still looking at the first week of October as the official launch of the Poser Content Directory... hopefully.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Take your time Earl. It's better to wait until the Directory is looking, and working, exactly as you want it to, so I'm sure folks will wait until you're satisfied with it.

eclark1894

Visionary
Take your time Earl. It's better to wait until the Directory is looking, and working, exactly as you want it to, so I'm sure folks will wait until you're satisfied with it.
Which is why I have to put it on line and let others test it for me. To find the problems and concerns that I missed. In other words,m I need some fresh eyes.:)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Certainly a good idea, but I would suggest you limit the amount of people, and make it as much like a true beta test as possible. Then when you're satisfied, you can make it public to everyone.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm having a problem trying to figure out what to do here. My whole premise here is to list by vendor, not by product. I'm making a directory, not a catalog. problem is the stores list like a catalog, not by vendor. For instance, Hivewire lists EVERYTHING under Nerd3D's name. Every product he's done on three pages. So now if I list Nerd3D under Utilities, and he's done some great ones, Walk Designer, Fog Tool, Waterfall tool, but all of that is hidden under Jackie O 's 1960's dress styles or castaway fashions for Dawn, V4 and Roxie. I feel like I'm lying to the user. They expect to find utility programs for Poser and I'm showing them clothes for V4. What's worse, (for me anyway) is that Hivewire lists them under Resources and Utilities. I don't think DAZ even knows what a Poser utility is, I'll let you know if I ever find one. And Renderosity only lists 3 all by Dimension 3D. Content Paradise isn't much better. Most of theirs can also be found at other stores. Any suggestions on how to list these items?

Miss B

CV-BEE
IIRC Earl, Jack Tomalin has a couple of Poser utilities at DAZ, though I can't recall off-hand what they are, so you may want to check them out. I "think" one of them is a Poser File Cleaner, or something like that.

eclark1894

Visionary
IIRC Earl, Jack Tomalin has a couple of Poser utilities at DAZ, though I can't recall off-hand what they are, so you may want to check them out. I "think" one of them is a Poser File Cleaner, or something like that.

Found it Miss B. Thanks for the intel. Just found out something else rather interesting. If you Filter Daz's search engine by software, Not counting the older Daz stuff, but 4.9 I'm pretty sure it includes at least 4.8 in that tally, but Poser still outnumbers Studio products at DAZ 3401 to 2803 The older Studio stuff comes in at 1624 products.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I would think very vendors do both clothing and utilities. Plus isn't it about searching for Poser clothing, props etc? I think it's okay to do a little cross listing. If the list is really small you could always make a special addendum with an Asterisk and the extra listing.

eclark1894

Visionary
I would think very vendors do both clothing and utilities. Plus isn't it about searching for Poser clothing, props etc? I think it's okay to do a little cross listing. If the list is really small you could always make a special addendum with an Asterisk and the extra listing.
Think of it this way Rob. When you go shopping, do you look for things in your size? Or would it be okay with you if they were all just thrown into a pile.? After all they're all clothes right? That's why the directory is broken up into different categories. I could have just made a list of links to vendors products, but what good would that do you if you're looking for something specific? I didn't actually know that Dimension 3D also did morphs and made clothes. For me, he was better known for his utilities.

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, my domain is parked on Dreamhost. Kinda funny actually. I'm having trouble logging into the FTP so i can't upload anything. I know my user name, but apparently not my password.

Miss B

CV-BEE
You should be able to get in touch with DreamHost to have your password changed. Most sites give you a "Forgot your password" link to do so.

OK, I just checked, and at DreamHost, it's a text link that says "Reset Password". I don't know if it'll ask you for your current password or not, but it might then give you an option for Forgot Password. Check it out.

eclark1894

Visionary
You should be able to get in touch with DreamHost to have your password changed. Most sites give you a "Forgot your password" link to do so.

OK, I just checked, and at DreamHost, it's a text link that says "Reset Password". I don't know if it'll ask you for your current password or not, but it might then give you an option for Forgot Password. Check it out.
Got it changed this morning. Hope it works.

eclark1894

Visionary
My domain is still parked. But that kitten is so cute. Still, he's gotta go. But I'm not doing something right. Guess it's time to call support.