• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Freebies by Catherine3678a

The "belt" I used is unseen, on Genesis, simply so I could use it to hide all the lower body sections. It's my understanding that some of the render options these days have issues with transmaps so I've been trying to avoid using such. I'm leaning towards thinking that making a full upper body "clothing piece" for Genesis might work better; making most of the figure invisible when it is "fit to" it. Then I could make it to fit over the horse neck just a little bit ... so many ideas, so few hours ...

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Sounds like some really neat ideas and possibilities! I don't know what method the Universal Anime Head uses, maybe something like that?

Thanks, yes I think there are possibilities with this.
Don't recall having that head in my collection but somehow I doubt it. A geograft will only work with the "one" item it is made for.

Sounds good Cath...all I need is some time to play.
time??? what's that lol ...
I've decided to show the steps for the concept of rigging it - those images are atm in my editing basket - because yes, it is rather time consuming. However when done one would have [hopefully] a nice figure to use. I've also been pointing out some "time to take a break" areas and how to save the work along the way. One does not save scenes in D/S with unfinished work! [well you 'can' technically but it can be a real headache trying to clean up the mess later]

Hope so. Did some more work on it - now covering making something of a new uvmap. And then I decided well why not, made a new UVset for the original Resource Kit for those who may wish to use such with the suit "as is." Or it may be used to jumpstart sewing of uvmaps in Hexagon [lines only NEVER dots - and only lines belonging to the same Shading Domain]. Will be uploading the "Piecemeal" map here shortly after posting this.

piecemeal promo.png

Tutorial update: Images are edited ... will put the pdf together "s**n" ;-)
May or not also release the pair of pants I made for Dusk while making the tutorial ...

You're welcome.
We're into a heat wave here so my computer time is limited. Have not settled yet on a topic for the next tutorial - might make some props or something.