• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Freebies by Catherine3678a

WIP: Those Big Ears for Dawn. That conversion turned into a little of a remake as well so, not quite the same but hopefully does the task for whoever wants 'em.
They are in the UV basket for now.
Dusk is being very uncooperative concerning any conversion attempts for this head piece. From clothing made for Genesis, nope; but egaads, when I tried it with the test piece from Dawn's, he got holes all over the place! So one [I gather] cannot start a piece for Dusk from a converted item. All is not lost 'cause I can morph Dawn to Dusk and export out something to start modeling his later on.

Big Ears on Dawn WIP.jpg Dawn's Big Ears WIP

Dusk is not cooperating 2.jpg Converted from Genesis - nope

Dusk is not cooperating.jpg Conversion from Dawn - egaads!!!!

You're quite welcome ;-)
Thanks for the link, page copied :)

The copy paste option works :)

Big Ears for Dusk is a WIP.

btw - these are not 100% accurate for how any particular Ferengi looks, but it certainly presents the idea which is fine by me considering I'm not a very good ear maker.
I had asked somebody else if he could model an ear for me but he couldn't get it "just so" either. In poking around seems that modeling ears is not an easy task for most which possibly explains the lack of availability for our dear scifi characters.
There is enough mesh in them so morphing is possible. Each character tends to have his or her own types ... with the some of the ladies' being somewhat smaller than their counterparts. However, the aged ones' can look drastically different so hay, there are no rules, have fun.

Hexagon tip for morphing: It is VERY important to NOT mess with the figure's "loop mesh" ... so if one selects the face normals at least one row away, then uses the smooth or puff brushes, the loop lines should not be affected.

scatha

Adventurous
In poking around seems that modeling ears is not an easy task for most which possibly explains the lack of availability for our dear scifi characters.
There is enough mesh in them so morphing is possible. Each character tends to have his or her own types ... with the some of the ladies' being somewhat smaller than their counterparts. However, the aged ones' can look drastically different so hay, there are no rules, have fun.

Hexagon tip for morphing: It is VERY important to NOT mess with the figure's "loop mesh" ... so if one selects the face normals at least one row away, then uses the smooth or puff brushes, the loop lines should not be affected.

And how about noses? ;)

Noses, well ... let's see ... on the list I have a few more neck capes to convert and make to figures for the figures, then I had a wild idea of making a starter skin for 'em ...
With Genesis [and maybe the others] many have a lot of morphs which can mingle in to make something of the characters ...
Then on my list was something for one outfit ...
noses, well, maybe when the trauma of the ears wears off lol ...

Were you thinking of a nose as a geograft or a morph?

scatha

Adventurous
Geograft would be better I think, particularly where Bajorans and klingons are concerned ( the latter also needing a forehead graft) ;)