• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Freebies by Catherine3678a

scatha

Adventurous
and it looks like editing is only for your last written post...not sure if that's intentional.

Well, we'll see how things go. Sometimes an item takes a day, sometimes it takes so long it goes back into the basket of things to do.

this post I can edit ... but the post above the one with my comment about editing, was the last post of mine and the option was not there. So there must be a time out for that feature. Why I noticed this was it is a feature TO have that I consider rather essential if I wanted to try running any kind of a tutorial thread, but guess not, so hay.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm not sure but I think it's probably about 10 mins after posting but I could be wrong. I can't check though as rules for Community volunteers are different.

Ah gee ... okay, ALL my models and tutorials I have pulled from my DA account. It is no longer "DA" ... it is also another company which is fine but uh, well, not with my fanart, etc.

From their news page: Their article includes: "...Wix will open up DeviantArt’s repository of art and creative community to the Wix platform, giving Wix’s users access to that work to use in their own site building."

So if a Mod wants to comb through this thread and remove the now dead links, that's okay by me since I can't do that. ty

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
What you might want to do is wait til you have found a new home for your freebies, Catherine. Then, one of the Community Volunteers can either edit your posts to change the links or you can just post the new links.

Meanwhile I edited the first post to add a link to the note about you removing them :)

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Oh, and this is now on Deviant Art's page

UPDATE: There's been some confusion around wording used in TechCrunch's reporting of the DeviantArt and Wix story.

Their article includes: "...Wix will open up DeviantArt’s repository of art and creative community to the Wix platform, giving Wix’s users access to that work to use in their own site building."

Please know that the DeviantArt Submission Policy, Terms of Service and Copyright Policy all remain the same. Deviants continue to own their own works. In the future, there's a possibility Wix might provide opportunities for you to license your work -- only if you want to -- to more people around the world. And, there will be opportunities for Wix users to join DeviantArt and make the community stronger.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
thanks for the info...

@Alisa, I don't think we can edit the actual posts just move them, but maybe I'm missing something?

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Oh, could be. If that's the case, then you need to pm me, Catherine, to edit them :)

Oh, and this is now on Deviant Art's page

UPDATE: There's been some confusion around wording used in TechCrunch's reporting of the DeviantArt and Wix story.

Their article includes: "...Wix will open up DeviantArt’s repository of art and creative community to the Wix platform, giving Wix’s users access to that work to use in their own site building."

Please know that the DeviantArt Submission Policy, Terms of Service and Copyright Policy all remain the same. Deviants continue to own their own works. In the future, there's a possibility Wix might provide opportunities for you to license your work -- only if you want to -- to more people around the world. And, there will be opportunities for Wix users to join DeviantArt and make the community stronger.

Presumably over time they would work out all the best wordings and do their best for the benefit of both communities HOWEVER there's always that group of people who in reading only what they want to, figure that overrides everything else and take it as a free for all which it is NOT.

What you might want to do is wait til you have found a new home for your freebies, Catherine. Then, one of the Community Volunteers can either edit your posts to change the links or you can just post the new links.

Meanwhile I edited the first post to add a link to the note about you removing them :)

Okay thank you.

Gold Bowl.jpg
I made a gold bowl, .obj file exported out of Daz Studio so hopefully it could be used in any 3D program ... thought there was a place to upload small files here but atm it eludes me.

Bowl shown here is rendered with one of the gold metal shaders available for D/S.
.obj file is plain of course

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I was going to say what Alisa did. I'm leaving my stuff for now, but then, I don't have items to download, just pictures.

Temporarily I have a few ideas posted in my DA Gallery for putting together parts for making a Centaur if anyone is interested.
One cannot make a geograft fit to, 2 items. So, I made a headless horse clothing piece to fit to the horse and a belt to fit to the figure so one can hide the horse head and the lower sections of the humanoid figure.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Temporarily I have a few ideas posted in my DA Gallery for putting together parts for making a Centaur if anyone is interested.
One cannot make a geograft fit to, 2 items. So, I made a headless horse clothing piece to fit to the horse and a belt to fit to the figure so one can hide the horse head and the lower sections of the humanoid figure.

The set that I had for genesis, used a transmap for the area at the top of the horse's neck so you didn't even need a belt, but it was Genesis and Daz Horse 2. Made a neat centaur. Your way could be very interesting, too!