• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Freebies by Catherine3678a

Starting the baskets off with some new items for 2017, the best link is simply to my gallery at DA.
Then check the folders on the right side, one for Tutorials, Models, Textures, etc.

Alberta-Rose's DeviantArt Gallery

Happy New Year all!

EDIT by Alisa 2-24-2017: Links in this thread to DeviantArt downloads have been removed by Catherine. Please see this post for explanation :)

Freebies by Catherine3678a

Last edited by a moderator:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Sorry, didn't see this til now -

First, welcome to HiveWire, and thanks for your links to your freebies - hope you'll join us more in the forums :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums from me as well Catherine. I look forward to checking out your "goodies" at dA. :)

Thank you :)

It took more than a few hours BUT I finally found some helps to enable the making of some Genesis clones for Dawn 'n Dusk so hopefully I can also make things such as those fancy big ears for these figures. Will have to check on a few [i.e. legal] details with the management here first though as they are a geograft item.

Just released the geografts for Genesis 2 Male AND Female: Big Ears G2 clan

Lots of mesh to morph into individual ear patterns - just be very careful NOT to mess with the geograft faces.
After I'm finished reworking the ears for the rest of the figures, then I plan to make the head flaps they wear. IF anybody is in a super hurry, you MAY "copy" a line from MY mesh [NOT the geograft mesh] to use as a start to pull down new mesh for a nice fit.

Thank you Pendraia and you're welcome ;-)

Presently I'm working on the conversion of the Big Ears for Dawn. It would work in D/S on Dawn in D/S. I have no idea how to go about making it to work, or even if it will work in Poser [it's a geograft item]. Do you know?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Which version of Poser do you have? If it's Poser Pro 11 it's fairly easy as there is an injection export function that is very easy to use. Otherwise I found Netherworks Toybox helped but it's more complex to do. There was a tutorial on how to do it that Kerya wrote iirc...not sure if it made it across to the new forum. Let me know which version of Poser you're using and I'll try to help...the older way is a lot more difficult and to be honest I only did it once or twice and would need to refresh on how to do it myself.

I looked over a tutorial - nice long piece of work and said forget it. I have PoserPro12 ... but am not interested in "lot more difficult" etc methods. Maybe when the files are released for D/S that nice PP11 inj/exp function could be used to make the files which if sent to me, I could add them to the distribution folder - or is this something that would then only work in PP11 which would make the extra files totally not necessary?

Having fun with the Dawn Big Ears ;-)
Made a morph to move those beautiful big lashes out of my way for working in D/S to select the face geometry.
Made them a share just in case anybody else might like this too.
Love those Lashes

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Not sure what you mean by Poser Pro 12...I'm sure that if you exported a cr2 with your morphs dialed that someone would be able to help create an INJ file...as long as the version number is edited it should work with earlier poser versions.

Okay ... I misunderstood then what that solution was about. I can make inj/rem files for morphs using D/S3 [yes, I kept one] ... and then this geograft item is a totally different thing and I suspect only for D/S. It is not a .cr2 file.
Poser Pro 2012 - 64bit edition.

The 2nd edition of those Big Ears is now available for Genesis.

I was hoping to have Dawn's ready by now too ... several times, about the last test, it fails. So it's back on the "sometime later" pile of things to do.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Glad you found the smilies...if you click on the camera it will allow you to upload any imagery you have in the media section. If you click on the little icon with the mountains you can insert a link offsight or you can click on upload a file at the bottom of the reply section(right hand side) and upload an image.

DS3 won't work with Dawn though as you need at least DS4...I think it's actually 4.5?

What I've done in the past is to export the figure with the morph as a cr2. Open it up in Poser and use that to create the INJ file.

If you're using Poser Pro 11 you can then just export the morph as an injection and it allows you to choose the morphs you are making it for.

If it's an earlier version of Poser you will need to remove the other morphs from the data file prior to exporting the figure so it will only have your morph.

Okay, thank you.
Have copied this to my notes and will give it a try.

Big Ears on G3F.jpg

:thankyou: This is neat. And clicking on the thumbnail nets one a larger image.