• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Diva For Dawn

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
When I was doing something for Star she offered to show anyone interested how to convert from Poser to DS but that was for clothing. I'm not sure how it would work for morphs. I believe Netherworks added a script to his toolbox to help with it.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I was using it for creating injections but with the realignment of the rigging in Diva I had to try something different. I keep meaning to email him about it and ask if there is a way it could be included.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Well I worked it out! Amazing what a good nights sleep will do. I unhid the jcm's in DS and then did the export to cr2 and I now have functioning jcm's. At least the numbers are changing when I change poses. Now I just have to work out how to hide them in Poser and also I'm having problems with the poses remembering the ytransform setting since I resaved them. I may have to reexport them as the ones I saved in DS saved that setting. Back to work on the Injection pose today...at least once the shopping is done. :happyflip::applause:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
We're getting there Miss B. I sometimes feel though that everytime I learn something I realise I need to know more lol...but definitely getting there.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Dial Manager 2015 might help with hiding the JCMs.

Once I figured out how to use it, it made hiding Dawn's morphs in clothing sooo much easier.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't have it Pen, but I believe it's one of Joe's (Netherworks) goodies over at RDNA.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B...I'll worry about it when I get to it. I'll finish the injection file and then I'll work out how to hide the JCM's I would imagine it's possible via editing the file.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Wow! This is definetly something I'm going to splurge on when it's released in store!
Looks awesome!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Pommie...

Thanks Satira...I haven't gotten to that point so no problem. I'll probably see if I can hand edit the file first.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Couple of questions regarding Diva in Poser...

First I have now got her working fully. Still have some minor things to clear out of the injection file which I want to run past Paul before sending to beta testers.
Here are some renders of her in Poser...took me a while to work out how to get some clothes on her and the hair. In the end I scaled and moved the hair any imperfections are mine...second I exported my sundress as an object and then ta-da...I used dynamics! Still working that out but it doesn't look too bad. Ignore the texture it was just a basic seamless tile that I had used when trying to get a cr2 of it to work. For some reason the mesh was showing as broken in Poser as a cr2 which is why I imported the object file.
diva in sundress.png
diva back dress.png

So my questions are : Is it okay with the sundress to only provide a dynamic version? If so what does that require? Is it just a case of saving it as a pp2 file or is there more to it?
DS version:
DSrender Diva.jpg

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I believe all you need to do is save as a pp2 (prop file), and then a user would use the Cloth Room to run a sim to get it to flow nicely. That sundress is cute, BTW.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
After you run your simulation and are happy with how the dress is working, move back to Frame 1 and save your pp2. This will include any Constrained, Choreographed, Soft Decorated, Rigid Decorated, and any additional Dynamic groups you've created, in addition to the Dynamics Controls settings for each of those groups in the pp2.

Then when someone uses your dress, all they have to do is create a new simulation, clothify the dress, and add the Collide Against objects. They can still tweak the Dynamics Controls and any groups, but they don't have to.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...that makes sense. Thanks Miss B and Satira! @Satira you lost me after 'this will include any'. No idea what those other things do!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I tend to change Fold Resistance from 5 to 1. Shear Resistance and Stretch Resistance from 50 to 10, and increase Cloth Density from 0.0050 to 0.015 if I want something cottony. I find the default settings result in a stiffer looking/acting cloth.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...I don't mind this looking a little bit stiff. I was thinking of a heavier weight cotton like broadcloth but it could be lighter. I'll try it and see...